Duberry

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 18 Mar 2007 22:42

Why the feck is Quashie on that list?

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

by Hahnemann's Hairdresser » 18 Mar 2007 23:18

Huntley & Palmer Much happier with Duberry starting than Bikey, any reason why he was left out other than Coppell prefering Doobs?

I thought that it could have been down to Murty's fitness. Without him in the past the defence has looked a bit disorganised, so should he have had to come off, a defence with a composed, experienced Duberry would be preferable to one with an inexperienced, sometimes rash Bikey.

This situation would fit in with Coppell saying he prefers the experience of Duberry seeing as Bikey's inexperience was never a problem in the first month that Duberry was here.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 18 Mar 2007 23:33

This is embarassing now - posting several times on a thread I started :oops: But I didn't want to start a new one...

Just wondering, after reading Coppell's analysis of the game, who says their defenders looked good mainly because they had five in midfield to help them.

So can it be said that our pairing looked good because the opposition only had one striker?

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 19 Mar 2007 09:09

readingfc_4_life_and_beyo Doobs had a decent game, but he wasn't the best. One or two bad kicks when he could have passed it/got it further. Also goes for random jogs up the pitch :? Still promising if Copps can get his head in the right gear, he made some very good challenges and interceptions. Ivar though, magnificent.

He was man marking Kanu wherever he went on the pitch, so wasn't playing as an orthadox centre back.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 19 Mar 2007 10:10

I thought Doobs was slighty off the pace and looked uncomfortable with a couple of rash clearences with head and foot, however he was solid in the tackle and will I'm sure get upto pace with more games.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 19 Mar 2007 10:25

Scarface I thought Doobs was slighty off the pace and looked uncomfortable with a couple of rash clearences with head and foot, however he was solid in the tackle and will I'm sure get upto pace with more games.

Totally agree, I thought he was reasonable enough without being anything too special.
What he did do very well was to 'stand the man up' infront of him, and kept him with his back to goal not allowing him to turn and have a shot or play the ball anywhere but backwards. I can see both Sonk's and Bikey putting their foot in on some occasions that arise like that.