Seol in shock confession

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Mar 2007 11:05

Huntley & Palmer The arguement was over whether booing him worked, not his lack of effort. Idiot

1. Ask Cristiano Ronaldo and Drogba if booing works. Idiot.

2. I think you'll find that if you read the thread properly (which you seem completely incompetent at doing), you'll see that a lot of people were defending Seol on the basis that he 'isn't the sort of player to chase or work hard' and that he was suffering from a loss of form, rather than being lazy. Idiot.

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Mar 2007 11:13

Royalee
Huntley & Palmer The arguement was over whether booing him worked, not his lack of effort. Idiot

.......................by the fans of the oppposition, not their own fans, you retard.

Royalee Hardly - he'd been out of the team for months already and didn't put any effort in still.

How can he "put any effort in" when Little is ahead of him and performing much better?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 11:13

At the moment its too early to say whether booing Seol worked or not. He is still yet to put in a good, hard working performance.

If he backs up his words with actions then I will have every respect for Seol.

Because he acknowledged the fans that he wasn't working hard enough, he admitted himself that he could up the work rate and now if he converts his words into actions, Seol could be a major threat to other teams. He has the talent but talent on its own is not enough. It has to be backed up by hardwork. You will never get Seol out of the team if he backs his talent up with work rate!

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 11:16

SpaceCruiser
Royalee

.......................by the fans of the oppposition, not their own fans, you retard.

Royalee Hardly - he'd been out of the team for months already and didn't put any effort in still.

How can he "put any effort in" when Little is ahead of him and performing much better?

Even though Seol himself has admitted that he didn't work hard. You still have Spacey defending his lazy attitude. I am so glad Spacey doesn't manage Reading FC. We would be in the conference if Spacey managed with his accepting laziness attitude.

Spacey is living in a sterilised air tight container, breathing dry, cleansed oxygen. He must be in some kind of deep underground nuclear bunker surfing the net all day.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 22 Mar 2007 11:16

SpaceCruiser
Royalee

I'd be interested if you could tell the difference.

As for:

defending Seol on the basis that he 'isn't the sort of player to chase or work hard' and that he was suffering from a loss of form, rather than being lazy.

The two sides are a lot less distinguishable than one may think.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 22 Mar 2007 11:16

Top Flight
SpaceCruiser
Royalee

Even though Seol himself has admitted that he didn't work hard. You still have Spacey defending his lazy attitude. I am so glad Spacey doesn't manage Reading FC. We would be in the conference if Spacey managed with his accepting laziness attitude.

Spacey is living in a sterilised air tight container, breathing dry, cleansed oxygen. He must be in some kind of deep underground nuclear bunker surfing the net all day.

The Met Office, Exeter.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Mar 2007 11:17

SpaceCruiser
Royalee

I think you'll find Drogba was being booed by his own fans, having friends who are Chelsea season ticket holders.

As for your second argument, it makes absolutely no sense. Little playing well doesn't have some effect on Seol which prevents him from trying when playing, are you really that stupid?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 11:21

Royalee

2. I think you'll find that if you read the thread properly (which you seem completely incompetent at doing), you'll see that a lot of people were defending Seol on the basis that he 'isn't the sort of player to chase or work hard' and that he was suffering from a loss of form, rather than being lazy. Idiot.

Message to H&P........

The lack of effort argument is relevant because some people (Space Cruiser included) argued that booing was unacceptable and partly justified their arguments by trying to claim that it was never a question of Seol not trying hard. They put his lazy performances down to some kind of loss of form. They wouldn't accept that Seol was being lazy and tried to defend him with those weak arguments.

Now that Seol has admitted that he wasn't trying hard, it weakens peoples arguments that there was no justification to boo him on the basis of lack of effort.

However, clearly fans had every right to boo him based on lack of effort because Seol has admitted that he didn't put in the effort or the running!

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 22 Mar 2007 11:22

What a remarkable set of idiots... Booing your own players is never, ever, the right thing to do and frankly makes you look like a prick. So why not go and support Chelsea with the other pricks.

I think you'll find Huntley was only referring to the comment about booing. He was never involved in any discussion regarding Seols perceived laziness.

And in a bizarre twist of fate, I think I agree with Spacey on this..

Top Flight At the moment its too early to say whether booing Seol worked or not.

Are you for real? Give me strength..

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 11:26

So now, the argument is...........

If a player is clearly not trying hard and is lazing around the pitch, do fans have the justification to boo?

Only sterilised Reading fans could possibly claim that lazy players shouldn't be booed.

The amount of money that fans are paying to watch the team means that we have every right to expect minimum standards from the team.

We have every right to expect every single player to work hard when picked for the Royals.

If a player mis places a pass, we can accept that. If a player puts the ball in row z of the stand when in front of goal, we can accept that. When a player loses possession on the halfway line, we can accept that.

But what fans can never accept is when a player doesn't give 100%. For me that is the only thing I feel I can ask for from a player and is what I expect.

A player can't help being Sh*t. But they can help the amount of effort they put in.

If a player doesn't try, then fans have every right to boo.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 22 Mar 2007 11:28

Just maybe.. possibly.. if you cheer for a player, he will react positively and put in a good performance. If you boo a player, maybe, just maybe, he might think "oxf*rd this" and do bugger all..

I hope for mankind, that Mr Top Flight is never allowed to manage anyone.. Can you imagine his appraisals?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Mar 2007 11:29

Yorkshire Royal Just maybe.. possibly.. if you cheer for a player, he will react positively and put in a good performance. If you boo a player, maybe, just maybe, he might think "oxf*rd this" and do bugger all..

I hope for mankind, that Mr Top Flight is never allowed to manage anyone.. Can you imagine his appraisals?

Cheering him didn't work in the first place, which is why fans resorted to booing him.

North stander

by North stander » 22 Mar 2007 11:30

[quote="Yorkshire Royal"]... Booing your own players is never, ever, the right thing to do and frankly makes you look like a prick.

Most sensible statement so far. There is nothing I hate more than hearing fans boo their own players. To claim it works, is absolutely ridiculous and just shows complete ignorance about human nature. Basically it's bullying and that never ever works.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 11:34

Yorkshire Royal Just maybe.. possibly.. if you cheer for a player, he will react positively and put in a good performance. If you boo a player, maybe, just maybe, he might think "oxf*rd this" and do bugger all..

Didn't Brian Clough always tell players that they were Sh*t?

He kept peoples feet on the ground, he made sure people didn't get complacent and think they could stop trying and get away with it?

Seol has clearly been complacent......... Coppell manages in a very similar way as Cloughie but probably delivers the messsage in a nicer way.

But, there is nothing wrong with telling a player that they are not performing. The only way fans can collectively tell a player that they are not happy with his performance is by collectively making a booing noise. It was never mean't in a nasty way. It was just a message that we're not happy with that performance and he must try harder next time.

Fans are fickle. Of course they are. If Seol works hard and plays well next time out, he will be the hero of the East Stand!

So what is everyone's problem? There is nothing wrong with showing your upset at a performance!

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 22 Mar 2007 11:35

and it might also motivate him. Equally, as said, it might not.

However, different people respond to different treatement and, perhaps more importantly, differently at different times.

In Seol's comments, there is an admission that he could work harder. The fact that he's looked at himself and seen where he could improve is superb and the only thing that we should take from this.

That is, unless we want to score points off other people.

Basically it's bullying and that never ever works.

Actually, sometimes it does. Its when it fails that the problems start.

Yorkshire Royal

by Yorkshire Royal » 22 Mar 2007 11:35

papereyes Actually, sometimes it does. Its when it fails that the problems start.

Were you in the army and or public school?

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 11:38

North stander
Yorkshire Royal ... Booing your own players is never, ever, the right thing to do and frankly makes you look like a prick.

Most sensible statement so far. There is nothing I hate more than hearing fans boo their own players. To claim it works, is absolutely ridiculous and just shows complete ignorance about human nature. Basically it's bullying and that never ever works.

How can you sit there behind your monitor and talk about human nature like your some kind of expert on human nature? You haven't got a clue about human nature!

Every Human is different. Some humans are lazy by nature and don't perform without a rocket up them! e.g. Seol.

As Royalee says, Seol was cheered and that didn't work. Now he has been booed, he seems ready to accept that he needs to up his effort a little bit.

I had a boss who used to tell me I'm sh*t and rubbish and was never impressed about any of my achievements or anything good that I did. It stopped me getting complacent. It stopped me getting cocky and it ensured that I worked hard all the time and got results.

What do you know about Human Nature?

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 22 Mar 2007 11:41

Yorkshire Royal
papereyes Actually, sometimes it does. Its when it fails that the problems start.

Were you in the army and or public school?

Cadets, a school that thought it was a public school, Oxford and captained a college football team.

Take your pick.

In terms of leadership, you should use a mix of praise and criticism. Always end on praise, but if someone is doing something wrong, criticise. Maybe not in front of everyone, but make sure they know their faults and suggest ways to improve.

In terms of support - I can see why people boo, but I think, ultimately, its pointless. In Seol's case, I think the problem was that he had a certain style of play and a certain way of going about it. When the going got tough this year (in the highest level he's had to play at? I know he played a fair few CL games, but against whom? and how well did he play?), he was found short and his conffidence fell.

That he's realised how he can improve is fantastic.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Mar 2007 11:43

papereyes That he's realised how he can improve is fantastic.

Absolutely........ It is fantastic and I have every respect for Seol for that. Just in case people are reading my comments the wrong way.

zac naloen

by zac naloen » 22 Mar 2007 12:01

Hold on, you are suggesting cheering a player who is underperforming.. giving him the impression that what he is doing is okay so he continues making no improvement?

Using the work analogy, If an employee is underperforming he gets a warning. He doesn't get a pat on the back and an applause around the office.

Right?