Spyin' Kop: Liverpool Home

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Spyin' Kop: Liverpool Home

by PieEater » 30 Mar 2007 21:01

Where do you expect Reading and Liverpool to finish in the Premier League?

above the relegation places

What have you made of our season?

who?

What player(s) of ours will you most feer?

It would be petty to take the piss out of your very poor attempt at spelling, so Sevie Gerarde.

For most of out travelling support this weekend it'll be there first visit to The Mad Stad, so can you recommend anywhere to grab a bevvy beforehand?

There is the Callaghans Irish pub next to the Holiday inn that has parking and is walkable to the ground, but the service is pisspoor and the prices are exhorbitant, the guiness is pretty good though. There is also a pub next to the travelodge on Basingstoke Rd, newly renamed to the "World turned upside down"

Alternatively, there are loads of pubs in the centre (non colours) or the 3 guineas at the station.

Beware of over zealous stewards, the highlight of their day is spotting someone who may have consumed a pint, and chucking them out.

And finally, thoughts on the score?

I'd take a draw, we are a minnow playing the former European champions.

brighton_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by brighton_royal » 31 Mar 2007 14:17

Hello scouser,

I'd imagine you couldn't have wished for a better first season in top flight football... Its been amazing in a way that you will never ever have the chance to experience.

Has any player(s) stuck out for you this season? I think Murty has been solid as player and a skipper and we have missed him when he's been out. Our wingers have been excellent too (Hunt, Little)

Any player(s) that have stuck out for the wrong reasons? Maybe Seol - he has obvious class and had a very good start but then looked less and less bothered as time went on. Also Sidwell's endless contract speculation has been depressing to witness (he will be a big loss when he goes.)

Do you think you'll be able to match, or even better, this season next time round? History would suggest not. Depends on who goes/comes in/gets injured. The pivotal factor may be who replaces Sidwell. And how much other coaches have been learning about our style of play.

Bet you were gutted to go out of The Cup in such heroic way to the Mancs earlier in the season? I was gutted at 0-3. At the end I was more proud/relieved that we had created panic in the best team in England with our near glorious comeback. Would have loved Gunnar's shot to have gone in for a bit of extra time though.

Where do you expect Reading and Liverpool to finish in the Premier League? Liverpool 3rd, Reading 7th

What have you made of our season? Good exciting football to watch. You will be in the CL. Nuff said.

What player(s) of ours will you most fear? Gerrard/Riise if we pass the ball to them on the edge of our area (will happen at least once in the match)

For most of out travelling support this weekend it'll be there first visit to The Mad Stad, so can you recommend anywhere to grab a bevvy beforehand? The buffet car. Don't bank on finding anything resembling a decent pub near the ground. McDonalds do a nice chocolate milkshake.

And finally, thoughts on the score? There is a good chance it will suck.

Also sorry in advance for the predictability of "sign on.." Y25 and 26 have been waiting a long time to sing it and they will, 100 times.

Mr Loyal Royal

by Mr Loyal Royal » 31 Mar 2007 14:52

if liverpool play anywhere near as good as they have today, we should be very worried.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 31 Mar 2007 15:20

Ditto - although hopefully Tuesday's game against PSV will take its toll...

bassavage

by bassavage » 31 Mar 2007 18:18

I'd imagine you couldn't have wished for a better first season in top flight football...

Absolutely superb. I think any Reading fan would have been delighted with 17th at the start of the season, so to be 8th with just eight games left is amazing.

Has any player(s) stuck out for you this season?

I couldn't single out one player because everyone has been superb. I was worried about whether the players who did so well for us last year could cope this year but everyone has been amazing.

Any player(s) that have stuck out for the wrong reasons?

Lita had some stick at the start of the season but he's got his head down and is doing fantastically well. Seol has had stick recently but if he performs like he did at the start of the season, then the boo-boys will shut up.

Do you think you'll be able to match, or even better, this season next time round?

They say the 2nd season is always the toughest, and I hope we just don't do what Ipswich did and what West Ham have done. If we can be like what Fulham and Charlton have been like in recent years, I'll be happy.

Bet you were gutted to go out of The Cup in such heroic way to the Mancs earlier in the season?

Out of the 180 minutes, we were fantastic for 174 of them and for them other 6 minutes we just caved in and that proved the crucial moment in the tie. I still feel that if Liitle and Lita had been on from the start in the replay, we would have won, if being from 3-0 down and everytime I see Gunnarsson's last-minute effort, I still think it's going to go in.

I reckon we'll finish 8th, and after the result today, Liverpool will finish 3rd.

I think you've had another poor season so far, judging by the resources you have but having said that, you always seem to do it in Europe.

What player(s) of ours will you most fear?

There is no-one I especially fear because we've been great at home this season and it's only Arsenal who have well and truly dominated against this season at the Mad Stad.

For most of out travelling support this weekend it'll be there first visit to The Mad Stad, so can you recommend anywhere to grab a bevvy beforehand?

No point trying around the Mad Stad, you're best off going in to town.

You'll have one eye on the Champions League tie so I say 2-1 to us.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 05 Apr 2007 17:05

Anyone know where this has been posted?

savage 4 england

by savage 4 england » 05 Apr 2007 17:18

I'd imagine you couldn't have wished for a better first season in top flight football...Couldn't have gone much better. Delighted, shame about the cup.

Has any player(s) stuck out for you this season?
Seol stuck out at the beginning of the season, but his effort has gone down a lot since then. Nicky Shorey has had a good season, hence the calls for him to play for England. Ivar Ingimarsson has been quietly been getting on with it. Steve Sidwell has been consistently good and Doyle has chipped in quite a lot.

Any player(s) that have stuck out for the wrong reasons?
Seol for lack of effort recently.

Do you think you'll be able to match, or even better, this season next time round?
Match it at the best, but most likely slightly worse.

Bet you were gutted to go out of The Cup in such heroic way to the Mancs earlier in the season?
Yep, never seen a united side play that defensively.

Reading 8th, Liverpool 3rd

Bad start, but good finish. The quote 'you can't win the league in the first two months of the season but you can lose it' springs to mind. In my opinion i think you're likely to win the CL again.

What player(s) of ours will you most feer?
Gerrard, Riise's shot if we back and Crouch in his current form.

Nothing near the stadium, try the town centre.

2-1 Liverpool.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 05 Apr 2007 17:25

Barry the bird boggler Anyone know where this has been posted?

It should be here http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0 but Alex doesn't seem to have done his review.

Northern Git

by Northern Git » 05 Apr 2007 17:25

Its not up yet but will be here when its is.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=17

oi john

by oi john » 05 Apr 2007 18:21

PieEater

It should be here http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?board=2.0 but Alex doesn't seem to have done his review.

Doing it now. Wont be long. Cheers fella's.

oi john

by oi john » 05 Apr 2007 19:03

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/ind ... 50.new#new

Thanks people. Very much appreciated. Happy Easter