Back from the game

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 21 Apr 2007 21:03

I said after the home match that Bolton were the dirtiest, cheatiest team I'd witnessed for a long time. These things are usually said when you lose but this wasn't sour grapes as we beat them. Sounds like they haven't improved. On that basis I'm glad Cheaterdyce didn't get the England job.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 21 Apr 2007 21:03

just got in. what a day!
the 3 subs definately changed it. harps is so essential in the middle of the park he gives us so much energy and i would say he is as improtant as sidwell. long was very lively when he came on and seoul also looked good.

highlights of my the day must be walking out the ground, one bloke singing 'i feel good' and another running around pretending to hold a flag. Also giving amir a bit of banter was good too. and dillon giving the groundsman a b#llcking for putting on the sprinklers on whilst the warm up was going on was priceless. and after the match bumped into Salako he was delighted with the result!

WHAT A DAY TO BE A ROYAL :D

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Apr 2007 21:10

Just got back!

That';s one in the eye for the anti-Harper brigade. Just shows what a difference it makes when he's back in midfield, and when stop hoofing the ball forward and start playing it on the ground.

An incredible turnaround on a day when we should have been slaughtered - the ultimate smash and grab!

North stander

by North stander » 21 Apr 2007 21:42

Mr Optimist In addition to the flags..."I feel good!" ffs

I bet they don't tonight sad oxf*rd

To be fair tom hark is just as cringe worthy.

Farnborough Royal

by Farnborough Royal » 21 Apr 2007 22:44

Just got back.

QuaLOLity day :D

LOL @ the bloke who was dancing to I feel good after Bolton's goal :lol:

The_Cat

by The_Cat » 21 Apr 2007 23:02

Just got back, oxf*rd fantastic!

kitsons_hair

by kitsons_hair » 21 Apr 2007 23:48

Just got in. Fantastic day!! Still 'buzzing'!

Like to thank SKB, Tart-Man, Bob the Builder etc for entertainment on way back! and Extra thanks to SKB for the JD and Coke :D

John Salako Johnnie John Salako...

RIP ELM Park

by RIP ELM Park » 21 Apr 2007 23:56

bassavage Bolton up to their dirty tricks again when Doyle was taking his penalty according to a caller on 6-0-6. I didn't see it but apparently Stelios was stood on the edge of the box and blew up a balloon and when Doyle was about to take the penalty, he popped it in the hope it would put him off.

No oxf*rd chance!

Stunningly this is true, dirty cheating oxf*rd, clear as day both on football first and Match of the day. Just as doyle's about to hit the ball he pops the balloon, which certainly wasn't on the pitch before.

Sums up what dirty cheating scum they really are

AJ~
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by AJ~ » 22 Apr 2007 00:03

RIP ELM Park
bassavage Bolton up to their dirty tricks again when Doyle was taking his penalty according to a caller on 6-0-6. I didn't see it but apparently Stelios was stood on the edge of the box and blew up a balloon and when Doyle was about to take the penalty, he popped it in the hope it would put him off.

No oxf*rd chance!

Stunningly this is true, dirty cheating oxf*rd, clear as day both on football first and Match of the day. Just as doyle's about to hit the ball he pops the balloon, which certainly wasn't on the pitch before.

Sums up what dirty cheating scum they really are

Bloody hell, I had to go back and watch that on my MOTD recording to believe it. What a ridiculous football club Bolton are at times.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Apr 2007 00:08

Woodcote Royal Sadly, we've never been short of w@nkers and there were plenty complaining again today about how "lucky" we were :?

We were fortunate. Truth be told - we were appaling today for 80+ minutes. Duberry looked every inch a Championship centre-half, DLC was equally poor. But do you know what - we were robbed at Spurs with an iffy decision, didn't deserve to lose to Liverpool and dominated Charlton so I am not going to apologise for a somewhat streaky victory. Fair play to this Reading team - they never give up and never look likely to get absolutely buried.

Dirk Gently That';s one in the eye for the anti-Harper brigade. Just shows what a difference it makes when he's back in midfield, and when stop hoofing the ball forward and start playing it on the ground.

Hear hear.

weybridgewanderer
Hob Nob Regular

by weybridgewanderer » 22 Apr 2007 00:11

Some Bolton fan on the train to preston after the game had a dig at me coz "we kick them off the park" today

got all the "one season flash in the pan you won't stay up playing a dirty game like that next season"
"
I said "talk about the pot calling the kettle black"

he started banging on about how we fouled all there players so they had to use all their subs by half time

I pointed out el hadje diouf had pulled a hamstring

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Apr 2007 00:13

If Bolton Wanderers were playing in my back garden I'd draw the curtains. I am far from a footballing snob but I'd hate to watch that long ball garbage every week.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Apr 2007 01:36

The Bolton fan might be interested to know that Reading have the least number of bookings in the Premiership.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Apr 2007 02:13

floyd__streete
Woodcote Royal Sadly, we've never been short of w@nkers and there were plenty complaining again today about how "lucky" we were :?

We were fortunate. Truth be told - we were appaling today for 80+ minutes. Duberry looked every inch a Championship centre-half, DLC was equally poor. But do you know what - we were robbed at Spurs with an iffy decision, didn't deserve to lose to Liverpool and dominated Charlton so I am not going to apologise for a somewhat streaky victory. Fair play to this Reading team - they never give up and never look likely to get absolutely buried.

When you're away to a top 6 side it's the result that counts and not the performance and, given that we won 3-1 and managed to score all 4 goals, means we weren't lucky regardless of how badly we played until the last 15 minutes.

Bolton got precisely what they deseved from a home performance in which they failed to convert 3 One on Ones with our keeper, who did a suberb job of keeping us in the game but will, no doubt, get nothing but stick because a few of his kicks went out of play :?

Had we put in the same level of performance and got a point it would have been a good day at the office but to win such a tough fixture was stunning and thoroughly deserved.

There are no bad away wins and to get 5 from our first season in the Prem is fantastic.

But, I wonder how many of those who predicted a season of struggle are now complaining because we don't always play like Brazil :?

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Apr 2007 07:48

Woodcote Royal
floyd__streete

When you're away to a top 6 side it's the result that counts and not the performance and, given that we won 3-1 and managed to score all 4 goals, means we weren't lucky regardless of how badly we played until the last 15 minutes.

Bolton got precisely what they deseved from a home performance in which they failed to convert 3 One on Ones with our keeper, who did a suberb job of keeping us in the game but will, no doubt, get nothing but stick because a few of his kicks went out of play :?

Had we put in the same level of performance and got a point it would have been a good day at the office but to win such a tough fixture was stunning and thoroughly deserved.

There are no bad away wins and to get 5 from our first season in the Prem is fantastic.

But, I wonder how many of those who predicted a season of struggle are now complaining because we don't always play like Brazil :?

The same people.

I wish they would phuck off and choose another sport, they obviously do not understand the game.

Z-Head
Location: Oh when the red red robin goes bob bob bobing along Shoot the bastard!!!!!!!!

by Z-Head » 22 Apr 2007 08:11

higher Wonderbar.As mentioned earlier we were really below par for 80 mins and it was no surprise when Bloton took the 1 nil lead.Some idiots near me left(ha bloody ha and chortle).I have to admit to thinking I can see us being hit again before the 90 is up however.
Then the inspired Coppell move Shane Long on and he was a sensation.The guy transformed the game and the rest of the lads suddenly decided to start playing some football.Having converted the pen one could have been exused for thinking we might cling on to the draw.But oh no it was one way traffic and Bolton simply capitulated as our tails got bushier as the clock wound down.
The chant of "1 nil and you fcuked it up " resonanted around the Rebock albeit that most of their fans had already bu99ered orf!
95 firmly consigned to the dustbin of royals history.
To round it all off my fiver on the 3-1 more than paid for everything and its time to order that chicken phaal.Perfect.

What were your takings Higher?

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 22 Apr 2007 08:34

No oxf*rd chance!

It was actually 15-David Thompson, what a cock. I just watch the last part of the game for the third time and it was definitely intentional. You can see him timing it to just before Doyle kicks it.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 22 Apr 2007 08:43

Woodcote Royal
floyd__streete

Were you even at the game? Floyd has it spot on, we were dire today. No shape across the midfield, no drive going forwards and if it was not for Marcus today and the defence then we should have lost 2-0 or more. It was only when Gunnarsson was taken off (who proved today that he is no central midfielder) as well as Oster along with Kitson that we looked like doing anything. Seol was putting some excellent crosses in and we had players hitting the box, something that we didn't even manage in the first half.

I don't see anyone bemoaning the football we play in particular, the tactics just didn't work today. If it wasn't for a bit of luck then we would have got nothing out of this fixture, hence why no-one is talking about the game bar the last 15 minutes

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Apr 2007 09:25

We won 3-1 away from home against a top six side..............that s a good performance however it's achieved and always will be.

And, if we had performed at home like Bolton did yesterday the same fans would slagging us off for failing to convert our chances and losing to a classic smash and grab by the visitors.

LOL about the Gunnarsson comments.

Ollie Kearns is in Buxton
Location: Near the source of the UK's No 1 Natural Mineral Water

by Ollie Kearns is in Buxton » 22 Apr 2007 09:27

floyd__streete If Bolton Wanderers were playing in my back garden I'd draw the curtains. I am far from a footballing snob but I'd hate to watch that long ball garbage every week.

Agree, the highlights don't seem to capture the basic constant niggling thuggery that went on all match - push, shove, tug, spin the man...

Whilst we wud never hope to match that degree of 'physicality' we did wise up a touch - Long commited a classic hurling move upon the Bolton player in his way before he began his run down the LHS which led to the 2nd goal.

Long stretched them when he came on with his mobility and pace (no fouls any more either). Seoul gave us shape and an outlet too.

Neither side deserved to win on merit, but the difference between the comparative responses by the 2 teams to conceding a goal was marked.

Definitely a case of "can we not play you every week"

James Caan with his helmet and spiked gloves would have been useful to have on the bench!

ps The Iceman taken off...did we finish with 10 men?!?

pps now those earlier Optima rankings (or wotever) re Marcus look well true right now...can't be many playing better 'tween the stix at this mo in time