Does Coppell really not want Europe?

Harold

by Harold » 22 Apr 2007 18:12

This is a joke right? reading might never get another chance of European football!!!!!!!!!!!!

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 22 Apr 2007 18:21

I agree, you never know what's round the corner.

Football has a habit of smacking you in the mouth.

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 22 Apr 2007 18:33

readingbedding I agree, you never know what's round the corner.

Football has a habit of smacking you in the mouth.

Exactly, Sidwell is already out the door and you never know what else might happen. Things can change overnight in football.

Shorey could be on his way out in a £8 million deal. We could be offered an irresistable £15 million for Doyla. An offer of £10 Million could be forthcoming for Sonks. All of a sudden we may not be quite so strong on the pitch. Then what happens?

This may be our best ever chance to make it in to Europe. Our squad might be raided in the summer by the Premierships wealthy elite! If we got a chance to make it now, lets just do it, its all about the now!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Apr 2007 18:34

clever reverse pshychology

everytime anyone mentions europe we get a nose bleed and lose games
he and the staff poo poo the idea, pressure off, all of a sudden the results come

the man
is a genius
and i love him

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 22 Apr 2007 18:35

With £50 million or more in the kitty I suspect we may just be able to replace them - not that we would sell if the offers did come in !

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Apr 2007 18:41

isnt the stadium coming out of the tv money for next year?

if not we will be minted

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 22 Apr 2007 18:45

Suspect they have budgetted a bit more long term for the stadium, would be a bit daft to blow the TV money on it wouldn't it ?

Z-Head
Location: Oh when the red red robin goes bob bob bobing along Shoot the bastard!!!!!!!!

by Z-Head » 22 Apr 2007 18:46

Harold This is a joke right? reading might never get another chance of European football!!!!!!!!!!!!

My friend some people are thick! Dont worrie they will eat there hats soon

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Apr 2007 18:51

Behindu Suspect they have budgetted a bit more long term for the stadium, would be a bit daft to blow the TV money on it wouldn't it ?

dunno, would always prefer to pay cash than on credit.
im worried that mr mad will sell up and take a big chunk of that TV money with him, in return for some endebted korean investor who insists we play seol every game!

Mr Sonko

stadium extension cost

by Mr Sonko » 22 Apr 2007 19:16

Think we are getting this out of proportion here...the whole stadium cost £35m and included foundations for the extension. My guess is the extension will cost £10m at the most and will pay back over a couple of seasons in ticket sales/hospitality fees.

I would expect us to have a transfer budget over £10m in the summer with the rest of the £50m going on increased wages.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: stadium extension cost

by brendywendy » 22 Apr 2007 19:23

Mr Sonko Think we are getting this out of proportion here...the whole stadium cost £35m and included foundations for the extension. My guess is the extension will cost £10m at the most and will pay back over a couple of seasons in ticket sales/hospitality fees.

I would expect us to have a transfer budget over £10m in the summer with the rest of the £50m going on increased wages.

sounds good to me

10-15 million would definately be enough for that european tour.
wed have to keep mate, oster, long, cox etc too

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

Re: stadium extension cost

by Behindu » 22 Apr 2007 20:14

Mr Sonko I would expect us to have a transfer budget over £10m in the summer with the rest of the £50m going on increased wages.

Coppell intimated at the forum that there is a fair chunk of transfer money still in the pot from this season, and forking out for Halford was never an issue financially.
I rather suspect that we have a bit more in the kitty than anyone will ever let on - rightly so.

Not sure how JM could pocket the TV money and then run away - any buyer doing due diligence would soon spot that wouldn;t they ?

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 22 Apr 2007 20:22

i meant he would take a big chunk of cash from a foreign investor
for the club, that the investor would pay for by going into debt, later reclaiming that cash from the tv money

its fine though, surely mr mad wouldnt pass up the opportunity of hobnobbing with those european chairmen

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 22 Apr 2007 20:50

Harold This is a joke right? reading might never get another chance of European football!!!!!!!!!!!!

For once I agree.

This opportunity is absolutely golden!! We've done so well this season, and to come away with the prospect of literally travelling over land and sea to see my team excites me greatly.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 22 Apr 2007 22:20

brendywendy clever reverse pshychology

everytime anyone mentions europe we get a nose bleed and lose games
he and the staff poo poo the idea, pressure off, all of a sudden the results come

Totally agree with that. I'm sure all the players would like a go, just like Hunt said he would to the press last week.

Sir Steve i take my hat off to you :D

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 22 Apr 2007 22:34

RoyalChicagoFC
higher I`m sure Sir Steve would love European comptition for the club and to be able to have the Squad depth and resources to battle full on on several fronts simultaneously.
My understanding is that he feels we are not ready to stretch things so far at the present time and could pay a big price if we commit too much too quickly.

It calls to mind the dilemma of the hard-working, little-known touring band of regular joes that all of a sudden has a hit record on its hands.

More touring, bigger venues, larger logistics, more staff, more hassles with the local hucksters, more camp foLOLLOLowers, more interviews, more superfluous PR crapola, less time for personal wants and needs, less of a chance to step back and take a deep breath, and hurry up and get back into the studio with some new material, kids --we're gonna ride this rising star for all its worth!

Everybody loves a winner, and the jitters are understandable. He'll figure out what's in front of him, whatever that proves to be.

You don't quite understand us Brits yet do you?

Winning is so vulgar (at least repeatedly). :wink:
Why do you think we barely ever win a major sporting tounament, despite inventing most of the major sports.