Aaron Brown

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 09 Jun 2007 10:34

Only one Trevor Morley
Alan Partridge Nice guy but waste of time. He's never gonna play.

Same could have been said for Shane Long when we signed him.

Pray tell. On what do you base this statement?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Aaron Brown

by RoyalBlue » 09 Jun 2007 12:48

Tilehurst Mike
79Royal The club have taken the option to extend his contrat by a year, which shows great loyalty in the player.

Does anyone know much about him though? I've not had the chance to see him play, but it looks as though the club rate him quite highly.

He did have a 3/4 match loan spell at Bournemouth before he got injured but they played him as an emergency striker for a couple of games.
I don't think the guy has a chance of ousting the other CB's for a place so this really is a waste of time all round

Of course it is. We shouldn't bother with any more than 3 or 4 centre backs because players don't get injured, old, transferred, involved in contractual disputes, suffer loss of form etc. And of course, no one ever wants to buy players that have been developed by a Premiership outfit!

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 09 Jun 2007 16:17

CCFC Fan He rejected a loan to Cork City in February, the City players mentioned that he was quite arrogant and wasn't really up to standard in training either.

It's funny you should mention that, somewhere along the line I heard a similar rumour about his stay at Bournemouth. He was released from his loan spell early from there as well. Again, I'm not sure how his ankle was then, but he would certainly have been on his feet and training by then. Once can be dismissed as rumour, twice could be dismissed as co-incidence, but if he goes away and has the "arrogant" tag attached again then I think I may start to really believe that it's true.