Graham Stack - Will he ever play for RFC again?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 14 Jun 2007 06:54

AndyRFC I hope Stack goes, am I right in thinking he's never kept a clean sheet?

Dangerous stat - Federici lets in more than 2 goals a game on average and has no clean sheets for us !

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jun 2007 08:56

Behindu
AndyRFC I hope Stack goes, am I right in thinking he's never kept a clean sheet?

Dangerous stat - Federici lets in more than 2 goals a game on average and has no clean sheets for us !

Technically, he kept a clean sheet against Spurs as we already 1-0 when he came on.

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 14 Jun 2007 09:10

very surprised he hasnt made an impact , watched him at millwall many times and he looked class.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 14 Jun 2007 09:33

Stranded
Behindu

Technically, he kept a clean sheet against Spurs as we already 1-0 when he came on.

Technically he kept half a clean sheet

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 14 Jun 2007 09:37

Behindu
Stranded
Behindu

Technically he kept half a clean sheet

Still more than none though. :wink:

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 14 Jun 2007 09:55

Stack kept a clean sheet against Sheffield Utd in the cup win.

Come on be fair, how many goals that he has conceeded you've really thought 'could have saved that?' Not many.

Nezhen

by Nezhen » 14 Jun 2007 11:28

The poor guy was already written off by w@nkers on here when he went off on loan to Leeds.

Fickle RFC fans rise again !

I hope he will be back challenging Hanhneman again next season. He is a top keeper and a great guy to boot.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 14 Jun 2007 14:29

Nezhen and a great guy to boot.

He's a pretty good guy to iron as well apparantly...

But I'm shocked you get pleasure kicking our reserves !

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 14 Jun 2007 18:40

THeres a nasty and inapropriate joke to be made there somewhere, But I'll leave it to someone else to say it.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 14 Jun 2007 22:30

Alan Partridge Stack kept a clean sheet against Sheffield Utd in the cup win.

Come on be fair, how many goals that he has conceeded you've really thought 'could have saved that?' Not many.

Ask a Leeds fan, they'll give you quite a comprehensive list. I'll accept that Stack has never played behind a first choicet defence but he's always looked edgy and doesn't inspire confidence.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 15 Jun 2007 00:40

From Despair To Where?
Alan Partridge Stack kept a clean sheet against Sheffield Utd in the cup win.

Ask a Leeds fan, they'll give you quite a comprehensive list. I'll accept that Stack has never played behind a first choicet defence but he's always looked edgy and doesn't inspire confidence.

If I asked a Villa fan about De La Cruz or a Forest fan about Gunnarsson it would be different to what i've seen.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jun 2007 20:00

To be honest, I've only seen 3 of Stack's appearances for Reading and from what I've seen of him, I'm inclined to agree with the Leeds fans. That's the big difference between him and Bryn/DLC. He came here with a good reputation which he hasn't lived up to in his albeit brief appearances.

Admittdly, Federici has looked iffy at times too. I'd rather we bought a keeper ready made to challenge Marcus and loan out Federici. I don;t feel Stack has a future with the club and for the sake of his own career needs to regain his feet somewhere else.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 15 Jun 2007 20:09

From Despair To Where? Admittdly, Federici has looked iffy at times too. .

For 6 minutes against a rampant Man Utd, playing behind a defence who had chosen that precise moment to do their world famous 4 man headless chicken impression....

You're a tough man to please !

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jun 2007 20:12

Burnley - pulled off some great saves but has to shoulder some of the blame for both their goals - caught in no mans land for the first and flapped at a cross for the second.

Wasn't that great at Blackburn either.

He's young though and will learn

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 15 Jun 2007 20:15

From Despair To Where? Burnley - shoulders some of the blame for both their goals

Wasn't that great at Blackburn either.

He's young though and will learn

Indeed, and I've seen Van Der Saar, Robinson , Carson , Foster and th eothers have iffy moments this season so no reason Fed shouldn;t either ! I'd say the positives outweigh the odd moment of panic and he's done well given that he has never played a run of games behind a settled defence at any point in his career as a pro !

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jun 2007 20:19

I agree which why I think he is a much better option than Stack but I would rather have another keeper pushing Marcus.

Ashdown had a decent spell on loan in the lower leagues and looked all the better for it when we neded him. A decent run on loan would be so much better for him. We've got to start thinking about life after Marcus. Stack won't be here when that happens and I don't think the odd first team appearance over 2 years is adequate preparation for Federici.
Last edited by From Despair To Where? on 15 Jun 2007 20:24, edited 2 times in total.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 15 Jun 2007 20:23

From Despair To Where? I agree which why I think he is a much better option than Stack but I would rather have another keeper pushing Marcus.

Ashdown had a decent spell on loan in the lower leagues and looked all the better for it when we neded him. A decent run on loan would be so much better for him than sitting on our bench and turning out for the reserves.

I suspect that with a season in Div 1 we'd have ourselves a genuine Premiership quality keeper.

Maybe a loan signing for us of an older experienced keeper to back up Marcus and Fed out to someone for the season. Much may depend on Marcus's hand - if it looks like he'll miss more than a couple of games we'll have to bring in cover.

From Despair To Where?
Hob Nob Legend

by From Despair To Where? » 15 Jun 2007 20:27

And his performance at Old Trafford has put him in the window for a decent loan spell in the Championship.