greatest moment at a reading game

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 20 Jun 2007 12:52

SpaceCruiser The last two away Oxford games at the old manor was excellent, especially the piss taking of the two goalkeepers.

"Dodgy keeper!" :lol:

"Your even worse than the last one!" :lol:

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

by Hahnemann's Hairdresser » 20 Jun 2007 12:53

Palace at home last season. Beating a relegated side that hadn't lost any key players was the first time I thought that we showed that we were the best team in the division.

EASTENDER MARKY

by EASTENDER MARKY » 20 Jun 2007 13:09

Hahnemann's Hairdresser Palace at home last season. Beating a relegated side that hadn't lost any key players was the first time I thought that we showed that we were the best team in the division.

:?

woody61

by woody61 » 20 Jun 2007 13:10

strap Archie's 93rd and 96th minute strikes to defeat Fat B*stard's Wolves at EP takes some beating.

Superb, I agree, but how about the 4-2 win against Wolves just after the FSB buggered off? Smashing game.

Sir Rodney Effing

Re: greatest moment at a reading game

by Sir Rodney Effing » 20 Jun 2007 13:13

Beating Wolves after McGhee had jumped ship - and it was on the box, (4-)too

SWLR
Hob Nob Regular

by SWLR » 20 Jun 2007 13:24

Franchise FC
kiwiroyal this cannot include promotion to the prem or any other leagueso mine would have to be the simod cup semi final ,ohhhhh what a night that was

Reading 4 Plymouth 3
3-0 down after an hour and with droves leaving, we were reated to the greatest moment. Kevin Bremner was the catalyst, not least for the outrageous dive for a pen. Now that was a great moment.

The a few weeks later we went to Sheff Utd, were 3-0 down and came back to draw 3-3. God, I loved the 80's.

got to agree

1st Plymouth
2nd Coventry, and in more recent times:

3rd Palace home
4th chelsea away

Hahnemann's Hairdresser

by Hahnemann's Hairdresser » 20 Jun 2007 13:32

EASTENDER MARKY
Hahnemann's Hairdresser Palace at home last season. Beating a relegated side that hadn't lost any key players was the first time I thought that we showed that we were the best team in the division.

What...? Palace had only just been relegated from the Premiership the year before, held onto most, if not all of their key players and were predicted to be near the top of the table at the end of the season. Beating them by playing such good football was when I first thought that we showed we could not just cut it with the big boys of the championship, but completely outplay them.

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 20 Jun 2007 13:33

Hahnemann's Hairdresser
EASTENDER MARKY

What...? Palace had only just been relegated from the Premiership the year before, held onto most, if not all of their key players and were predicted to be near the top of the table at the end of the season. Beating them by playing such good football was when I first thought that we showed we could not just cut it with the big boys of the championship, but completely outplay them.

I think his point is that it was technically the season before last :wink:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 20 Jun 2007 13:37

T.R.O.L.I.
Hahnemann's Hairdresser
EASTENDER MARKY

I think his point is that it was technically the season before last :wink:

Not quite - officially, seasons end on 30th June and start on 1st July, so we are still in our first season in the Premier League for another 10 days.

Basingstoke Royal

by Basingstoke Royal » 20 Jun 2007 13:37

4-3 against oxford when we unleashed the rouge as a late sub.

bre

by bre » 20 Jun 2007 13:43

kiwiroyal this cannot include promotion to the prem or any other leagueso mine would have to be the simod cup semi final ,ohhhhh what a night that was

I think that the Simod semi final was the most meroable and greatest moment that i have experienced following Reading. The tension and then of course relief during the penalty shoot out was amazing. Topping it all of was that winning meant that we were in a Wembley final! I don't think that any game before or after has topped it.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 20 Jun 2007 13:48

Final whistle, running onto the pitch as they played "We Are The Champions".

Skyline

by Skyline » 20 Jun 2007 13:57

Archie 2-1 Wolves.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 20 Jun 2007 14:02

RG30 Nicky Forster's 2nd goal at Sheffield United on Valentine's Day 2003 to make it 3-1. Absolute battered for 1st 30 mins, already 1-0 down but produced 1 of the best displays I've ever seen a Reading side produce against an in-form and very good Sheffield United side.

Exactly what I was going to post - we absolutely destroyed Sheffield United that night and it was even sweeter having made the journey up there for the postponed game. That game's up there with Ipswich last season and the Tranmere play-off in '95 as the best ever away matches I've been to. I just remember a young Nathan Tyson knock the ball one side of their right back and leave him for dead after running the other side before crossing the ball in.

RG30
Hob Nob Addict

by RG30 » 20 Jun 2007 14:21

Sheffield United side that day Vs Reading: Kenny, Jagielka, Murphy, Page, Quinn, Javary (Cas 70), Brown, McCall, Tonge, Windass (Allison 37), Kabba (Peschisolido 64). Subs not used: Yates, Mooney.

ArfnipIsARoyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by ArfnipIsARoyal » 20 Jun 2007 14:26

Ipswich a couple of Season's ago. Going behind in the 90th minute, one of their fans broke into the east stand just for 60 seconds later to walk back with his head down as Ingi equalised!

ShrewsandRoyals

by ShrewsandRoyals » 20 Jun 2007 14:48

SWLR
Franchise FC

Reading 4 Plymouth 3
3-0 down after an hour and with droves leaving, we were reated to the greatest moment. Kevin Bremner was the catalyst, not least for the outrageous dive for a pen. Now that was a great moment.

The a few weeks later we went to Sheff Utd, were 3-0 down and came back to draw 3-3. God, I loved the 80's.

got to agree

1st Plymouth
2nd Coventry, and in more recent times:

3rd Palace home
4th chelsea away

Lost my voice at that Plymouth game I was shouting so much. Brilliant.
Simod Cup Semi and Final
Putting 7 past Barnsley - was a great performance.
Leicester away officially getting to the Premiership.
Newport and Lincoln games in the record run.

All great moments.

I'm soooo glad that I have seen RFC make their way from the bottom to the top league. Can't buy that experience anywhere.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 20 Jun 2007 15:06

My favourite too for the reasons:-

All my mates are Palace fans as I live close to the ground

Sonko is my kids favourite player and he got the winner

It was both my kids birthdays

Oh and I won the golden gamble.. £1000 thank you very much.

Fred Sharpe's Nose

Greatest moment

by Fred Sharpe's Nose » 20 Jun 2007 15:16

Semifinal v Coventry, yeah
4-3 v Plymouth, yeah
plus
8-0 v Southport (1970)

But since the title of the thread is "greatest moment", it would have to be the moment Gilkes' penalty went in against Coventry. The whole place exploded, unbelievable euphoria. Seeing that video clip the other day brought a tear to the eye just remembering it.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 20 Jun 2007 16:29

Dirk Gently Only a month or so before Pardew left - home to Forest on an August Saturday. Gorgeous sunny day, just about the whole of the East stand in blue and white, with the stadium virtually full. Kevin Watson comes on for the second half and we start playing some absolutely superb football that destroys Forest.

And that was the first inkling I had that something special was going to happen - it suddenly struck me that I was watching "little Reading" playing to a full house in our state-of-the-art stadium, and destroying Forest, the team who were European Champions when I was first watching and learning about football.

Not detracting from your sentiment, but that is as indicative of Forest's demise as our progress.