*Confirmed* Glenn Little out for 4-6 months

Oi Oi Saveloy
Location: Going crackers for Cararcas, or bonkers for Belgium

by Oi Oi Saveloy » 02 Oct 2007 12:27

Super Kevin Bremner! Michael Kightly is a must-bid-for player.

Apparently he's been shite so far this season

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 02 Oct 2007 12:29

Oi Oi Saveloy

I still think he looks a bit Andy Hughes'esque to me.

A lot of effort and bluster but not all that much in the way of skill and technique. I've not seen a great deal of him though.

Basically we're not going to get a like for like replacement for Little though as he is one in a million these days. I'm just greatful I was lucky enough to witness his performaces over the last few seasons.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 02 Oct 2007 12:46

Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal When Oster is fit he can do a decent job for us on the right, and I also see no reason why Little can't return to the team next season. Pace has never been part of his game so he shouldn't fade like other quick wingers do as they get older.

Would Reading give a 32 year old injury prone winger a new contract?

Oster - not good enough IMO.

Another year I would say.

And as for Oster, he is inconsistent but he is the BEST option we have available in the position. He is also probably the most creative player in the squad and has a great eye for a pass. Unfotunately most of the squad can't read the passes he makes.......

Which says more for the rest of the squad than Oster's abilities IMO. Oster is a creative player but far far too inconsistant at this level. Reminds me a lot of Igoe, will have one cracking game then you won't see him for the next 10.

He has never had a long enough run of starts to know how consistent he really can be.

Wouldn't you say there is a reason for that?

Yes there is - Little was ahead of him in the pecking order.

Or that whenever Oster was given a chance he wasn't good enoguh to hold down the first team place?

Little was in and out through injury and Seol was indifferent and Oster STILL couldn't stay in the team.

Regardless of what you think of Oster - he is the BEST option in that position.

Little is injured.
Seol has left.
Rosenior is a right back.
The transfer window is shut.

Not disagreeing with that at all, just saying that it shows how weak our squad must be if Oster is the best available option, which he is without doubt.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 02 Oct 2007 12:48

Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal When Oster is fit he can do a decent job for us on the right, and I also see no reason why Little can't return to the team next season. Pace has never been part of his game so he shouldn't fade like other quick wingers do as they get older.

And as for Oster, he is inconsistent but he is the BEST option we have available in the position. He is also probably the most creative player in the squad and has a great eye for a pass. Unfotunately most of the squad can't read the passes he makes.......

very true, it does speak volumes when oster is now the most effective player at ring wing. In the past i would have liked to see him in centre mid to add a bit of guile and creativity. The team is in need of a reshuffle- i would like to see Rosenior replacing Murty at right back and Oster on the wing until a replacement is found in Jan. I am a huge fan of Little but this news is a blow for a 32 yr old with a contract about to expire. Cisse is a shame as i think currently he's the better holding mid option than gunna, however i think fae sholud be given the chance with harper in the centre. Convey is a must for the derby game- a more attacking threat than hunt at the moment

Corky341

by Corky341 » 02 Oct 2007 13:01

I remember a few seasons ago, watching Steve Brown limp off and thinking we'd seen the last of him and we had. I have a similar feeling with Glen. I think his age is against him with this sort of injury. SSC and the rest of the management team really do need to decide if we need to get someone in or if who we have is good enough.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 02 Oct 2007 14:27

Hoop Blah
Oi Oi Saveloy

I still think he looks a bit Andy Hughes'esque to me.

A lot of effort and bluster but not all that much in the way of skill and technique. I've not seen a great deal of him though.

Basically we're not going to get a like for like replacement for Little though as he is one in a million these days. I'm just greatful I was lucky enough to witness his performaces over the last few seasons.

That's just below the belt. :wink:

We could have had him in the summer, come January, why would a promising player want to join us?

We will be very lucky to get a player half as good as Little to join the club unless there's been a big turn around come Jan.

If only we'd known Little was seriously injured this summer. :roll:

Top Flight
Hob Nob Regular

by Top Flight » 02 Oct 2007 15:33

Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge
Wycombe Royal
Alan Partridge

Which says more for the rest of the squad than Oster's abilities IMO. Oster is a creative player but far far too inconsistant at this level. Reminds me a lot of Igoe, will have one cracking game then you won't see him for the next 10.

He has never had a long enough run of starts to know how consistent he really can be.

Wouldn't you say there is a reason for that?

Yes there is - Little was ahead of him in the pecking order.

Or that whenever Oster was given a chance he wasn't good enoguh to hold down the first team place?

Little was in and out through injury and Seol was indifferent and Oster STILL couldn't stay in the team.

Regardless of what you think of Oster - he is the BEST option in that position.

Little is injured.
Seol has left.
Rosenior is a right back.
The transfer window is shut.

Not disagreeing with that at all, just saying that it shows how weak our squad must be if Oster is the best available option, which he is without doubt.

That is very harsh on Johnny Oster. I think Oster is a very good player!

Super Kevin Bremner!
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Super Kevin Bremner! » 02 Oct 2007 15:36

Oi Oi Saveloy

What!?

MOTM last three games - absoulutely on fire up there.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 02 Oct 2007 16:29

think we should of just gone with gary o'neill missed out big time

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 02 Oct 2007 16:31

loyalroyal4life think we should of just gone with gary o'neill missed out big time

Doesn't he and his agent have any say in the matter?

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 02 Oct 2007 16:32

Dirk Gently
loyalroyal4life think we should of just gone with gary o'neill missed out big time

Doesn't he and his agent have any say in the matter?

Can't find that function on Premiership Manager, so probably not.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 02 Oct 2007 16:42

He isn't a winger.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 02 Oct 2007 17:47

Wycombe Royal

He isn't a winger.

Neither's Rosenior!

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 02 Oct 2007 18:26

Super Kevin Bremner!
Oi Oi Saveloy

What!?

Two people I know who support Wolves say Kightly has been superb for them this season. Forget Freddie Eastwood..Kightly is their man. Very skilful and productive.
I have never seen him play so I have no idea how good he is but these same fans said when we bought Seol that he was great to start with and then tailed off...when he was at Wolves so their views re Kightly might be valid.

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 02 Oct 2007 18:32

PEARCEY
Super Kevin Bremner!
Oi Oi Saveloy

What!?

Two people I know who support Wolves say Kightly has been superb for them this season. Forget Freddie Eastwood..Kightly is their man. Very skilful and productive.
I have never seen him play so I have no idea how good he is but these same fans said when we bought Seol that he was great to start with and then tailed off...when he was at Wolves so their views re Kightly might be valid.

Coppell said in the summer he wanted a winger who could play both wings, which is exactly what Kightly is. Still no idea why we didn't go and get him this summer. Seriously doubt he'll wanna join us now though.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Oct 2007 13:06

PEARCEY
Super Kevin Bremner!
Oi Oi Saveloy

What!?

Coppell said in the summer he wanted a winger who could play both wings, which is exactly what Kightly is. Still no idea why we didn't go and get him this summer. Seriously doubt he'll wanna join us now though.

Maybe because we, like all the other Premier League clubs, including the promoted sides who would have played directly against him, don't think he is of sufficient quality at this time and that Wolves having recently tied him to a new deal were asking silly money?

I also guess this judgement would have been made on more than the odd TV game and match reports.

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 03 Oct 2007 13:44

Ideal Oster was never more than a 3rd backup to rely on when we had severe injury problems. He isn't any better than that..

Of course he was more than that !! Go and check your stats before coming up with rubbish like that !

The fact that we didn't bring in a proper right winger when we knew we were letting Seol go is a disgrace, and we are paying the price.

Ideal We play tactics that DEPEND on proper wingers, good ones at that, yet we are not playing a proper right winger. It's a joke!..

Although it's quite possible that the tactics we played 2 years ago in the Championship are not the tactics we can play in the Prem....
424 would be suicidal, although possibly no worse than what we played at Pompey !

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Oct 2007 13:52

For f*cks sake. Let Oster have a run in the team before you slaughter him. He has never had a run in the team. Others on here say 'Oh you know he couldn't get ahead of Seol when he was playing pants' - well my answer to that was 1) at the beginning of last season Seol was a new signing and was on fire thus Coppell played him 2) then Little came back and replaced him and 3) in the last part of the season (only from april mind - ie like 6 or seven games) it was a toss-up between Seol and Oster. They played an equivalent amount of games as each other - and remember Seol was moaning the entire time at Coppell to play him or he was off.

So realistically in two and a bit seasons at the club Oster has only had those 6-7 games where he could even be considered the main option for the right-wing slot. He is now the best option.

Please guys give him a chance over a period of time - he's actually quite a good player!

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 03 Oct 2007 14:07

Stranded
PEARCEY
Super Kevin Bremner!
Oi Oi Saveloy

What!?

Maybe because we, like all the other Premier League clubs, including the promoted sides who would have played directly against him, don't think he is of sufficient quality at this time and that Wolves having recently tied him to a new deal were asking silly money?

I also guess this judgement would have been made on more than the odd TV game and match reports.

He's better than what we got.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 03 Oct 2007 14:39

Stranded
PEARCEY
Super Kevin Bremner!
Oi Oi Saveloy

What!?

He's better than what we got.

Is he, is he really? Blokes had less than a years impact at the level below having played non-league prior to that - besides how much have you actually seen of him? He MAY be better than what we have but just as likely may not be, but would come with a hefty fee to boot.