A message to you Leroy

134 posts
Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 28 Oct 2007 21:32

Too much negativity for 12th place.
Save this tripe until we're 13th or something.

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 29 Oct 2007 12:47

I was as frustrated as anybody when he missed those two chances but they don't make him a bad player. One, he was in the right position; two, he would normally put them away. It was just a fluke. He had a good game and made a valid contribution to the win. Stick with the same team and the same formation.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 29 Oct 2007 13:48

Man Friday I was as frustrated as anybody when he missed those two chances but they don't make him a bad player. One, he was in the right position; two, he would normally put them away. It was just a fluke. He had a good game and made a valid contribution to the win. Stick with the same team and the same formation.

Have you finished with the cliches, or are there more to come?

The problem I have with Lita is that he acts like he's the best forward the division when in fact, he's not even the 3rd best forward in our team.

Robin Friday arsed around and everyone tolerated it because he was a genius. Leroy can do the same when he stops missing sitters and starts winning games regularly.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 Oct 2007 14:08

Jerry St Clair The problem I have with Lita is that he acts like he's the best forward the division when in fact, he's not even the 3rd best forward in our team.

Robin Friday arsed around and everyone tolerated it because he was a genius. Leroy can do the same when he stops missing sitters and starts winning games regularly.

Can't argue with that. At the moment he's all style and very little substance....

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 29 Oct 2007 14:11

i find it funny how people call Lita arrogant and selfish even though they know bugger all about him

coppell probably know him best and i remember in one interview he called him quiet and modest, something murty confirmed in the season review DVD

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 29 Oct 2007 15:43

Jerry St Clair
The problem I have with Lita is that he acts like he's the best forward the division

What? Where does he do this? What does he do?

Z175
Hob Nob Regular

by Z175 » 29 Oct 2007 15:49

Who cares, Leroy will score some hot strikes soon :s

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 29 Oct 2007 17:06

Man Friday One, he was in the right position; two, he would normally put them away. It was just a fluke.

You haven't seen him play very often have you?

Rev Algenon Stickleback H
Hob Nob Regular

by Rev Algenon Stickleback H » 29 Oct 2007 18:46

Winchester Royal Stop your messing around
Better think of your future
Time you straightened right out
Creating problems in town

Leroy, a message to you
Leroy, a message to you

damn! had exactly the same thought when I saw the title. Would make a fine east stand song, or it would if the kids had ever heard of it.

Cookie

Re: A message to you Leroy

by Cookie » 29 Oct 2007 19:10

Jerry St Clair Morning Leroy,

Is there any danger that you could indulge in a bit less trouble-making in nightclubs, a bit less of the big time charlie arrogance that seeps from your every pore and, perhaps, just practice some football occassionally?

Thanks

Is this from personal experience?

Adz1871

by Adz1871 » 29 Oct 2007 19:44

Surely, If Leroy scores 2/3 goals next week you will all feel the same then?

Somehow i dont think that'll happen. Leroy is a Reading player and a talented one at that.

Ok, Maybe he should have scored on Saturday but does Rooney, Tevez, Adebayor etc. score with every shot they have? No.

He's a striker that just needs one goal to find his feet again, Like Crouch a couple of seasons back. Went months without scoring, scored one and they all followed after that.

So his attitude of the pitch isn't perfect, But why do you care? If it was one of us who did the stuff he did, Would you care less?

His personal life is his business not ours and definately not the Press's.

I, for one will support Lita for aslong as he is a Reading player.
Last edited by Adz1871 on 29 Oct 2007 19:58, edited 1 time in total.

BLUES & ROYAL

by BLUES & ROYAL » 29 Oct 2007 19:49

Totally agree with last poster.

Anyhow I would rather he missed them when at games like Saturday, rather than when we need goals for results.

If he nets the winner at Fulham there will be few red faces about.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 29 Oct 2007 20:01

IMO the clean-living, upstanding citizen Owen contributed far, far, less to Newcastle than Lita did to Reading during Saturday's game.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 29 Oct 2007 20:01

Lita certainly needs to stay out of trouble...it seems to follow him around. However he is a decent striker. He has always blown hot and cold...and this is an arctic spell at the moment. At the start of this year he was in terrific form so can do a job at this level albeit sporadically...but as with Doyle a few weeks ago things are not going his way at the moment. I would definitely keep him in the side although as with Sidwell he does come across as thinking he is better than he really is I'm afraid.

Royal Tezza

by Royal Tezza » 29 Oct 2007 20:34

When Doyle was crocked against Everton last January/February time Leroy was absolutely on fire and had the best run of games of any of our strikers last season (yes even better than Doyle's in October-November). I think he's class and when we really need him his ability will shine through.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 30 Oct 2007 07:58

BLUES & ROYAL If he nets the winner at Fulham there will be few red faces about.

Why? That's be a very fickle reaction wouldn't it?

I'd be delighted, but my opinion will remain the same until I see evidence that he's mended his ways.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 30 Oct 2007 08:02

Adz1871 His personal life is his business not ours and definately not the Press's.

I disagree. His behaviour is my concern when my (inflated) season ticket cost pays for it.

Also, if I, say, was arrested for fighting in a nightclub I'm pretty certain my company would sack me, so you cannot completely divorce private and professional lives. This is even moreso the case for high profile professional sportsmen.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 30 Oct 2007 08:18

he's a good player but just needs to keep his head in the game.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 30 Oct 2007 08:22

Jerry St Clair
Adz1871 His personal life is his business not ours and definately not the Press's.

I disagree. His behaviour is my concern when my (inflated) season ticket cost pays for it.

Also, if I, say, was arrested for fighting in a nightclub I'm pretty certain my company would sack me, so you cannot completely divorce private and professional lives. This is even moreso the case for high profile professional sportsmen.

Suggest you check up on your employment law then, just in case. It is extremely unlikely that an employer could sack you merely for being arrested (innocent until proven guilty for starters!). Also they would need to show that your offence impacted on your ability to do your job or (if covered in your contract of employment) damaged the reputation of your employer.

As for evidence that he has changed his ways, just what was wrong with his performance on Saturday - bar the two misses that all strikers, clean living Owens and Kitsons included, produce from time to time?

Behindu
Hob Nob Regular

by Behindu » 30 Oct 2007 08:28

Jerry St Clair I disagree. His behaviour is my concern when my (inflated) season ticket cost pays for it.

I'm not sure chipping in a couple of hundred quid gives you the right to dicatate how any club employees spend their time away from their work.

I'd rather Leroy stayed out of the tabloids, but to think that because I buy a ticket to watch a game I can tell him what he does in his spare time is a bit ludicrous.

I own a copy of Windows but I don;t presume to tell Bill Gates how to spend his Saturday evenings....

134 posts