Back from the game

147 posts
sam1
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Back from the game

by sam1 » 24 Feb 2008 16:06

I'd put Shorey distincly below average today.

SafetyRoyal

by SafetyRoyal » 24 Feb 2008 16:07

Its not looking good.
I have to wonder about a few of sir steves decisons today. Starting cisse in defence when ingimarsson and bikey were sat on the bench, funny decision i thought. He couldn't cope with it today. I also thought oster should have been taken off well before half time and kitson should have been taken off at half time.
Kitson was pretty lethargic for the entire game and oster's (hate to say this) contribution was poor. Have to say matejovski also looked average...
Two positives from the game were doyle and kebe. Doyle (before he was stupidly taken off!) was lively up front and kebe, when he came on, was positive and actually made some effort to win a few balls and go forward.
A point at middlesbrough is well needed!!!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Feb 2008 16:11

SafetyRoyal Its not looking good.
I have to wonder about a few of sir steves decisons today. Starting cisse in defence when ingimarsson and bikey were sat on the bench, funny decision i thought. He couldn't cope with it today. I also thought oster should have been taken off well before half time and kitson should have been taken off at half time.
Kitson was pretty lethargic for the entire game and oster's (hate to say this) contribution was poor. Have to say matejovski also looked average...
Two positives from the game were doyle and kebe. Doyle (before he was stupidly taken off!) was lively up front and kebe, when he came on, was positive and actually made some effort to win a few balls and go forward.
A point at middlesbrough is well needed!!!
No shit Sherlock?! Next someone will be telling us we should have spent more money in the transfer window and fans should have a standing area if they want one.

Royalupnorth
Location: Is there a time for first communion, a time for East 17?

by Royalupnorth » 24 Feb 2008 16:14

Royal Lady No shit Sherlock?! Next someone will be telling us we should have spent more money in the transfer window and fans should have a standing area if they want one.

Thats a good point RL.
You should start a couple of threads on it :wink:

fozziebear

by fozziebear » 24 Feb 2008 16:15

We have no width Oster was clueless,Kebe played ok Kitson was on the wing when he should have been up front.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Feb 2008 16:15

Royalupnorth
Royal Lady No shit Sherlock?! Next someone will be telling us we should have spent more money in the transfer window and fans should have a standing area if they want one.

Thats a good point RL.
You should start a couple of threads on it :wink:
I'm considering having a debate on whether we should expand the stadium first.

Skin
Hob Nob Regular
Location: You are now about to witness the strength of street knowledge

by Skin » 24 Feb 2008 16:17

so after scoring 5 in 2 for the reserves, WHERE WAS LITA TODAY?

fozziebear

by fozziebear » 24 Feb 2008 16:20

Probable at his Finchampstead home watching it on sky?

Armadillo Roadkill

by Armadillo Roadkill » 24 Feb 2008 16:21

In a mixed performace, at least Oster managed to play 3 decent crosses. That's 2 more than Shorey or Hunt, 3 more than Murty. He wasn't as bad as is being made out, IMHO.

Spud
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Spud » 24 Feb 2008 16:48

I thought kitson had a complete shocker today, he looked lethargic and dis interested , lost count of times Doyle had ball and was looking foe someone and he was ambling along behind him. If Kits has given up then we are totally fecked.

sam1
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by sam1 » 24 Feb 2008 16:51

I do worry that Kits often lolls about and just leans into opposing players when they tackle him, to make a point to the ref. Today he just lacked drive and opportunities.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 24 Feb 2008 17:05

The best team won

2-1 to Villa flattered us

No point complaining about the players performance as we are stuck with them until the end of the seasons

On the evidence of this game and Bolton at home, we are going down.

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by PieEater » 24 Feb 2008 17:24

It was inevitable after all the Keepy Uppy positivity before the game, we continually set ourselves up for a fall when we need to focus the players on doing the basics and working for the team. I can understand wanting to give the players some confidence, but a lot of them actually need a kick up the backside to start grafting out results. I can accept players having no skill, but I can't accept anything less than 100% commitment. And when are they going to start practising corners and free kicks.

I'm resigned to us going down, more so after Coppell plans to announce wholesale changes for Middlesborough, meaning we will have yet another shakeup of the very shakey defence. Next week I can see Brum, Sunderland, and Bolton getting further away from us.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 24 Feb 2008 17:28

I agree with you PieEater. Can't even get excited at any set pieces/corners we might get these days, because we know nothing will come of them.

Beelzebub

by Beelzebub » 24 Feb 2008 17:34

Can't even get excited at any set pieces/corners we might get these days, because we know nothing will come of them.

Yup, me too, I noticed my head was red when I got home, and I am sure it where I sat through the whole game with my head in my hands!

If the worst happens at least it means we might be able to get two season tickets between me and my wife instead of sharing one!

Gunny Fishcake
Hob Nob Regular

by Gunny Fishcake » 24 Feb 2008 17:37

AbovetheI And what a fecking load of shite that was. Defence? Did they turn up? Final third? How many nosebleeds did I see today. Absolutely shocking. If we play like that for the rest of the season then we're dead certs for relegation. Even Derby could have beaten us today.

Spot on

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 24 Feb 2008 17:39

SafetyRoyal Two positives from the game were doyle and kebe. Doyle (before he was stupidly taken off!) was !!!

Kebe looked more dangerous than Oster but then again that isn't saying much. Still don't think he will be the snweser to our prayersm but will do well in the Championship next year.

We must have been watching a different game if you thought that Doyle was anything other than well below par. He was second best to everything, didn't have the beating of any of the Villa defenders, and never made it into a goalscoring positon, let alone looked capable of scoring.
On the evidence of that game, Doyle looks like a spell on the bench might do his some good.

Apart from that, Sonko was again a liability at the back, and Cisse looked the same. If these are the 2 best central defenders the club can field, then we are in deep trouble and might as well start looking yup the route map to places like Barnsley and Sheff Utd for next season.

Hunt was his usual self, alot on endevour and hard work, but no end result. Hunt just cannot cross the ball and I would prefer to see Convey playing instead, with Hunt coming on with 20 minutes to go.

It was disspointing to see so many corners failing to beat the first man, as well as Kitson having to drop back into MIdfield just to get a sniff of the ball.

Our best Players today were probaly USA or Murty. Everyone else was way off their best.

JimGRoyal

by JimGRoyal » 24 Feb 2008 17:54

But USA's distribution was slow and inaccurate... again. Maybe *Keepy Inny* signs would do the trick for him...

Hunt and Shorey gave value, USA did also for preventing a bigger disaster, but strikers totally below par. Infact, do we have any strikers?

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 24 Feb 2008 17:56

One word today to sum it up - OBVIOUS

Anyone thinking we'd get get anything today simply hasn't watched Reading since August. We are awful, actually that's not fair on awful, we are fcuking SHITE.

We don't create chances, we can't score goals, our set pieces are abysmal and our defense are an absolute JOKE.

Now onto individuals.

Hahnemann - Our MOTM today and why? Because apart from the usual 5 or 6 kicks into the stand he was the only one who did his job averagely/ acceptably.

Murty - Just LOL. In no other Premiership and most Championship sides would 'our Graeme' get a game. He's slow, gets caught out of position and his passing and crossing are atrocious. Soon as he inevitably gave the ball away on the half way line 'that's a goal' There was NO CHANCE of him catching up with their player, slotted into Harewood into the vacant RB position and cya.

SHorey - Terrible. But he's been terrible all season. In for his decent left foot. Apart from 2 free kicks today it was AWOL.

Cisse - Said it from his first game there. He can't head the ball. He will try to bring it out of the air or let it bounce rather than head it. He's quick enough usually to recover but there were serious communication problems out there all day and he cocked up for the 1st goal. Bullied around by Carew, obvious. Looked like he was playing out of position...Oh.

Sonko - Typical Sonko. In the air he was fine but he's too clumsy. He has lost a yard of pace and got given the run around today.

Oster - I never want to see him in an RFC shirt again. He wasn't good enough for the CCC and he's not good enough now. Never has been, never will be. Answers on a postcard what this person brings to the club?

Harper - Nothing today. When we are struggling like now, he's not the person you want. Has no bottle, wins nothing, creates nothing.

Matejovsky - Worst game for RFC today. Really really poor.

Hunt - LOL. £25,000 a week? Ultimately for someone who isn't very good at football. Lots of endeavour lots of effort, has NO END PRODUCT. Can't cross, his passing is crap and he's our player of the year, sums it up to be honest.

Doyle - ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
No goals since the black death, he'll be in next week.

Kitson - Our centre forward turned right winger, left winger, left back, anywhere but up front!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amount of crosses that came in and he was nowhere to be seen :evil: Get in the fcuking BOX!!!

Kebe - Bas Savage with pace
Ivar - what was the point?
Long - Pfff

Coppell - :evil: 7 straight defeats...same old faces. Lita hits 5 in 2 for the reserves, not in the squad. What is the point of reserve football if you score and then don't get a chance? In particular while Doyle doesn't score AGAIN. Have some balls Steve and drop your mates. Make 8 changes or so for next week because they can't do worse than EIGHT straight defeats.

Seriously today was so obvious. Soon as they score it's over. Typical style we make a cock up right on half time and gift them a goal, Villa were nothing special yet they didn't have to be to beat this terrible, stale, boring Reading side.

Keepy Uppy? ALOL Madejski waving his hands around - ALOLOLOLOL Won't make any difference whatsoever. The players AREN'T GOOD ENOUGH.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 24 Feb 2008 17:59

fozziebear From what i heard from SC on Reading 107 after the match,he will make wholesale changes against Boro.
A little late but couldn't see why Lita didn't play today.SC will just bit the bullet and play lita and others as well.

He always gives that impression, come boro it will be the same starting 11

147 posts