Doyle
13%

Total votes: 140
Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Motm vs. Citeh?

by Royal Rother » 08 Mar 2008 21:01

Interesting how Matejovsky seems to attract completely polarised views. Platypuss for one thought he had a stinker, yet several people have rated him very highly today.

I love watching the bloke because he is more comfortable on the ball than any other Reading player for years (Little apart), and can pass better and more imaginatively than anyone since Osborn. He is a bit weak in the tackle I suppose and rarely picks the easy pass so gives the ball away more than a safety first player but I can forgive him that because of his excellence in other areas.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Mar 2008 21:40

Royal Rother Interesting how Matejovsky seems to attract completely polarised views. Platypuss for one thought he had a stinker, yet several people have rated him very highly today.

I love watching the bloke because he is more comfortable on the ball than any other Reading player for years (Little apart), and can pass better and more imaginatively than anyone since Osborn. He is a bit weak in the tackle I suppose and rarely picks the easy pass so gives the ball away more than a safety first player but I can forgive him that because of his excellence in other areas.

As one of Marek's biggest earlier fans I thought he was a bit dissapointing, showed quality but not enough came off and he made some poor passes too. Although there was one outstanding surging run I remember.

Has to be Bikey for me, cracking game from the lad. I think he's winning himself a long run in th eteam at the moment. Things are looking up for the defence next season, should we survive, with Ivar back, Bikey looking good, Cisse having been discovered and Sonko to hopefully recover his form. Not a big fan of Doobs, I'd rather he was let go and we got in someone else younger or pushed on Pearce.

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Mar 2008 21:57

Bikey without a doubt

Won everything in the air and kept one of the best players in the Premier League very quiet

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Mar 2008 22:02

bcubed Bikey without a doubt

Won everything in the air and kept one of the best players in the Premier League very quiet

I have no idea who you mean. I thought Dunne was the only particularly good player for citeh today.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 08 Mar 2008 22:07

Rosenior

But after a shacky start I felt Shane Long warmed to the game and did very well the longer the game went on. He was strong in the air, held the ball up well and could have had a second shortly after scoring.

Pleasing to have a few different players play so well in the same game....

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 08 Mar 2008 22:11

CMRoyal I voted Rosenior, but would like to add that I think that Shorey's beginning to look as if he's back to his best form. Our full-backs are looking very strong right now, and in my post-win euphoria I'm tempted to say I wouldn't swap them for anybody else's at the moment.

We have two very good full backs but if you were offered a choice of Sagna/Clichy or Rosenior/Shorey would you really choose the latter?

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 08 Mar 2008 22:12

Are you talking about Benjani? :lol: :lol: :lol:

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 08 Mar 2008 22:15

Row Z Royal

Mwaruwari :!:

ESTIM8R

by ESTIM8R » 08 Mar 2008 22:59

I am big Bikey fan and think he will be a fine defender once he polishes his game and definitely was a huge player for us today (and last week).
In light of that my MOTM [b][u]HAS to be Liam Rosenior!!
I recall his comment once he arrived at the Madjeski was along the lines of "I can be as good as Micah Richards" is not so far fetched as it seemed back then. Two memorable games in a row doing what has to be done without any flair but with composure.
He has definitely earned a place and SC will be hard pressed to find a reason to replace him.
If I ever get the chance I'm going to buy LR a pint or two!!!!

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 08 Mar 2008 23:20

Royal Rother Interesting how Matejovsky seems to attract completely polarised views. Platypuss for one thought he had a stinker, yet several people have rated him very highly today.

I voted Matejovsky; mainly because when he got the ball I was hopeful of a quality attack, and the fact that I still think he played well means he must have stuck out to me for a reason.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 08 Mar 2008 23:39

bcubed
Row Z Royal

Mwaruwari :!:

He's proved himself to be utterly useless far more than quality. Very quick, but other than that very hit and miss. I can think of at least 10 premiership strikers I'd rather have in my team.

earleyroyal

by earleyroyal » 08 Mar 2008 23:49

Ian Royal

As one of Marek's biggest earlier fans I thought he was a bit dissapointing, showed quality but not enough came off and he made some poor passes too. Although there was one outstanding surging run I remember.

Has to be Bikey for me, cracking game from the lad. I think he's winning himself a long run in th eteam at the moment. Things are looking up for the defence next season, should we survive, with Ivar back, Bikey looking good, Cisse having been discovered and Sonko to hopefully recover his form. Not a big fan of Doobs, I'd rather he was let go and we got in someone else younger or pushed on Pearce.

He looked much better on MOTD than he did in the game, understandable since it only showed the highlights. However even someone like Fabregas in the Milan game on Tuesday only completed about 70% of passes - a creative midfielder who plays a killer ball nearly every time is incredibly rare. Agree with RR here, Harper brings some qualities to the team but unlocking defences and creating play is not one of them.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 08 Mar 2008 23:56

Coppelled Streets Rosenior

But after a shacky start I felt Shane Long warmed to the game and did very well the longer the game went on. He was strong in the air, held the ball up well and could have had a second shortly after scoring.

Pleasing to have a few different players play so well in the same game....

Agreed....look at the names being touted for MOTM ...Bikey, Long, Rosenior...none of whom have been first team choices for most of the season. They have come into the side and added more pace, strength and energy which is great to see. The second half was a massive improvement from the Villa, Bolton games

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Mar 2008 00:09

earleyroyal
Ian Royal

He looked much better on MOTD than he did in the game, understandable since it only showed the highlights. However even someone like Fabregas in the Milan game on Tuesday only completed about 70% of passes - a creative midfielder who plays a killer ball nearly every time is incredibly rare. Agree with RR here, Harper brings some qualities to the team but unlocking defences and creating play is not one of them.

Saw a lot of good stuff from him on MOTD as well, more than I remembered. I have high hopes for him once we really start playing properly and get a full strong team together. Not sure if he really works with Harper, but certainly the best we have right now and showing a lot of potential.

biscuitsrus

by biscuitsrus » 09 Mar 2008 00:17

I've gone for BK but I could just have easily voted Rosenior or Ingi.

I won't be content til we have amassed 40 points.

seahawk10
Hob Nob Regular
Location: One kick. A royal kick! There's more in Reading yet!

by seahawk10 » 09 Mar 2008 05:53

Chuckle Brother
Archie's penalty Vote people

I say Doyle

Not being funny, but why ?

I voted for Rosenior, but Doyle really played well today. That first goal setting up Long was all hustle and determination. And that was apparent all game, I think he will get one in with his feet soon.

higher
Hob Nob Regular

by higher » 09 Mar 2008 08:12

Ingi.Good to see a competant central defence partnership.Ingi appears to have recaptured his quiet yet effective soaking up of most chucked at the defence and neatly moving the ball on with little fuss or drama. The partnership with Bikey works and looks to be the one IMHO.
All round a good royals showing and having moved above Newcastle plenty survival confidence here in higherland.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 09 Mar 2008 12:59

higher Ingi.Good to see a competant central defence partnership.Ingi appears to have recaptured his quiet yet effective soaking up of most chucked at the defence and neatly moving the ball on with little fuss or drama. The partnership with Bikey works and looks to be the one IMHO.
All round a good royals showing and having moved above Newcastle plenty survival confidence here in higherland.

Yep. Bikey Ingi works really well. Best Central defensive partnership this year. Has a pretty difficult task against Torres next week though :wink:

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 09 Mar 2008 19:24

loads of MOM performances yesterday, which is just what we needed

it looks like some confidence is creeping back, improvments game by game, 2 clean sheets, goals and goal threats from all over the field, if by some miracle we scrape a draw at liverpool, relying on the champions league to do us some favours, in the same way some injuries to key opposition players has helped us in the last couple of games confidence will really soar

i thought bikey is looking better since the acn, and i like the bloke, great attitude(mostly)and quick and strong,just what we need

rosenior-looks like hes played there forever- relaxed, calm, cut out virtually everything from that side, and another with great attitude

ivar-come back leaner and meaner, still slow, but does enough to mitigate it

long-i would have gone with lita, but say what you like, 3 goals in 5 starts, nuff said, hope he keeps proving me wrong-he played well, was good in the air, quick, and tries stuff others dont, id still start with kitson but what do i know.

marek, shorey,hunt, harps all decent
oster improved, doyle looking stronger
coppell -tactics spot on again, lucky with the dunne injury, but used subs well

maybe we just need all our players at >90% to compete in this league, and thats what we got yesterday, and if it continues we could just ruddy well make it