Shane Long......

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Shane Long......

by Coppelled Streets » 15 Mar 2008 21:32

Belter! Coppell said it was because he was pissed off that the lino hadn't given a descision all afternoon. He wasn't happy though, Coppell said he'd 'had a word' and
"it won't happen again, i've told him that."
When asked if further action would be taken against Long he just said "It won't happen again," again, which says to me that Doyle/Kitson will start the next match.

So something good came of it then!

test icicles

by test icicles » 15 Mar 2008 22:02

Forbury Lion BBC Berks stated that he threw it in frustration at the linesman, who incidentally had been spotted singing along to You'll Never Walk Alone before the match.

I'm not suprised, but by who and can it be seen on the tv?
I also feel Shane might have felt that some of the booing coming from our end when that sub was made was aimed at him. Felt sorry for him cos i doubt he would have realised that booing was because Oster wasn't coming off, well i doubt it was aimed at SL.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 15 Mar 2008 22:31

Shane Long was rightly peeved at a complete lack of impartiality from the officials.

I haven't ventured to the Refwatch thread yet, but I would imagine it's expletive-ridden carnage.

Coppelled Streets
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Coppelled Streets » 15 Mar 2008 22:46

Row Z Royal Shane Long was rightly peeved at a complete lack of impartiality from the officials.

I haven't ventured to the Refwatch thread yet, but I would imagine it's expletive-ridden carnage.

So you kick a bottle, but you don't through your shirt!

It's not in the lads character so I doubt we'll see anything like that from him again. He's been her almost three years now and to be honest, he still hasn't proven himself yet, certainly at this level. Any more of that and it's the Championship for him, that's for sure, to be sure.

rfcjoe
Hob Nob Regular

by rfcjoe » 15 Mar 2008 23:39

Belter! Coppell said it was because he was pissed off that the lino hadn't given a descision all afternoon. He wasn't happy though, Coppell said he'd 'had a word' and
When asked if further action would be taken against Long he just said "It won't happen again," again, which says to me that Doyle/Kitson will start the next match.

im worried this is translated to he'll never play for reading again - hope not though :cry:

The whole year inn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by The whole year inn » 15 Mar 2008 23:50

rfcjoe

im worried this is translated to he'll never play for reading again - hope not though :cry:

Relax :lol:

It at least shows Long cares :|

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 16 Mar 2008 05:14

winchester_royal
starbug was pretty disgusted to see our Shirt lying crumpled on the side of the pitch - Long is bang out of order and Coppell was quick to have a go at the lad, am awaiting an apology...

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10306~1266249,00.html

there it is

And thus ends the thread.

Young lad, lost his temper a bit, not at anyone in particular except perhaaps himself and the lino. Still learning, won't happen again. Not a big deal.

STILL WAITING FOR VIDEO EVIDENCE to be introduced. THIS GAME IS TOO PRECIOUS AND TOO MUCH MONEY RIDES ON IT FOR IT TO BE REFFED BY ABSOLUTE F*CKING MUPPETS. Two clear penalties and a series of disgraceful decisions against Long ruined an otherwise good game. I'd have probably done more than just throw my shirt on the ground to be honest, and I'm older!

Respect to the lad for having some passion.

Cripple Creek
Hob Nob Regular

by Cripple Creek » 16 Mar 2008 07:52

Should a player be allowed to take their shirt off if they are feeling a bit "hot and sweaty" that's what I want to know.

Jerry St Clair
Hob Nob Regular

by Jerry St Clair » 16 Mar 2008 08:31

Skin f ucking hell if this was lita it would be a different story on here. that is all.

Fair point. But then,I just don't like Lita so probably cut him far less slack than I would other players.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 16 Mar 2008 09:25

Coppelled Streets Any more of that and it's the Championship for him, that's for sure, to be sure.

I dont think we will need to wait for a repeat, shipped out in the Summer IMHO, just not quite progressed enough, Div1 quality for me, needs to play a tad lower league and progress from there.

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Mar 2008 09:47

Well, with Lita almost certainly out on his ear come the Summer, I hope Copps has a couple of strikers up his sleeve to replace him and Long with then. I doubt he'll get rid of Long, but I do think he's too lightweight for us. Just because he managed to score a goal with his bum 1 minute after he came on as a sub once, people seem to think he's some sort of wonder kid.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 16 Mar 2008 09:48

Skin f ucking hell if this was lita it would be a different story on here. that is all.

And?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 16 Mar 2008 09:51

Referee gave him nothing all afternoon so can totally understand his frustration. Slap on the wrists and that's the end of it I reckon - at least it shows he cares and other than this, people can't fault his attitude or the way he's handled himself in a Reading shirt.

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 16 Mar 2008 10:00

Ian Royal
2.8 lita injection No player should ever throw a shirt down however angry he is. :twisted:

No player should ever commit a foul, no player should give lip to the officials. It happens all the time though.

Rush of blood to the head. Shows he cares and he's been properly told off. "incident" over.

if it was lita you'd all be calling him a c**t. :lol:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 16 Mar 2008 10:06

I have to agree there. And if it was Oster everyone would be going mad. :roll: Fact is, whether he was "angry with himself" or not, taking off your shirt and throwing it in the direction of your manager does not show that you are sufficiently mature to handle bad breaks in the game now and again. It was disrespectful.

shadesrwrf
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by shadesrwrf » 16 Mar 2008 10:21

Do we respond equally to everyone we know, or do we do so based on their previous behaviour?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Mar 2008 10:49

It says to me that whether further action will be taken or not isn't something Steve Coppell is prepared to disclose to the media, at least not until the manager has spoken to the player.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 16 Mar 2008 10:51

Royal Lady I have to agree there. And if it was Oster everyone would be going mad. :roll:
Quite the opposite, It would show that Oster is passionate about playing for the team... something we've not seen on the pitch.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 16 Mar 2008 11:04

Quite true

However, It was a silly reaction from a frustrated young lad. He's apologised, both parties said it won't happen again, it's been dealt with. Draw a line under it.

playoffs or layoffs

by playoffs or layoffs » 16 Mar 2008 11:57

Cripple Creek Should a player be allowed to take their shirt off if they are feeling a bit "hot and sweaty" that's what I want to know.

Probably depends on who they're roasting