Ratings v Brum

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Ratings v Brum

by brendywendy » 23 Mar 2008 17:26

marcus- 8 - shot stopping and command of his area great again
LR- 6 solid again
Bikey-9 two goals won everything in the air, some great tackles, at fault for their goal, but MOM for me by a mile-love the bloke
Ivar- 6 solid again
shorey-7 great delivery and support of the midfielod, little wrong defensively
oster- 6 some great play, good delivery, another assist, missed a sitter, and lost the ball a few times, but made up for that with some of his work
harps-- 6 not his best game, but worked his socks off again,
marek-7 he real deal in my eyes, passing and control sublime,gave it away a couple of times, and faded at the end
hunt-6 one great run and shot, lots of industry, little end product
doyle- 7 worked his socks off again, created a fair bit, strong, great attitude
Kitson-6 worked hard all over the pitch, too often fannying about on the wings and in midfield instead of waiting to receive crosses

long-7 great pace and attitude at the end turned a point into three
cisse-6 looks solid enough, and up to speed

copps-7 tactics good, subs worked,

no 13- ok, nervy at times, but solid enough

Kevin Doyles Right Foot

by Kevin Doyles Right Foot » 23 Mar 2008 18:41

Usa - 8
Ros - 7
Bikey - 8
Inga - 6
Shorey - 7
Oster - 6
Harps - 6
Marek - 7
Hunt - 6
Doyle - 6
Kitson - 6

Long - 7
Cisse - 6

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 23 Mar 2008 20:24

AthleticoSpizz

Doyler 6 - tries hard but (as has been the case for much of this season) not given/nor finds the space to shoot

Kits 8 - Defends as well as he attacks...............tries anything.

Thank God Coppell knows better

Doyle held the ball up all day and won several lost causes. He will score at some point but until then his overall play is priceless. He probably wishes he could cross the ball to himself

Kitson does indeed try anything - most of it not very constructive yesterday. If he only played the simple ball occasionlly he would be so much more effective.

rotherwick_royal

by rotherwick_royal » 23 Mar 2008 20:55

'lista
Royal Rother I do find those ratings odd. MM was clearly our best midfield player yesterday - the way he drops his shoulder and dummies the opposition time after time is a joy to watch and his passing is by far the most inventive we have seen at this club for years. To me he is still getting better every game, and of course he nearly scored another cracker from distance. (Sidwell eat your heart out!)

Agreed.

Though I suspect MM needs a different type of midfield partner other than Harper to allow him to really command a game.

Sidwell would be a good choice!

Hmmm....I was thinking the same thing, but I doubt we would have got MM if Sidwell hadn't left anyway.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 23 Mar 2008 21:10

'lista
Royal Rother I do find those ratings odd. MM was clearly our best midfield player yesterday - the way he drops his shoulder and dummies the opposition time after time is a joy to watch and his passing is by far the most inventive we have seen at this club for years. To me he is still getting better every game, and of course he nearly scored another cracker from distance. (Sidwell eat your heart out!)

Agreed.

Though I suspect MM needs a different type of midfield partner other than Harper to allow him to really command a game.

Sidwell would be a good choice!

Personally i think Cisse would be a good partner to MM, though maybe Fae would be also

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 24 Mar 2008 11:44

USA - 7 : vital, vital save from Forssell
Rosenior - 7 : nice and easy does it, gradually cementing his place as 1st choice R-B
Shorey - 8 : another underrated performance. Great free-kick for the winner, and stats show he won 100% - yes that's one hundred of your English percentage points - of his tackles
Ingimarsson - 6 : solid, but could have been sharper for the Brum goal
Bikey - 8 : also could have been sharper for the Brum goal but solid otherwise and two stonking goals
Oster - 7 : great delivery at set-pieces, decent energy, just those stray passes to eliminate from his game, but if he does so would he have risked setting Hunty free on the run that eventually earnt the free-kick that led to the first goal?
Hunt - 7 : hustled and bustled to reasonable effect, great run and shot in the 1st half that deserved a goal
MM - 6 : not one of his better days, although expectations are possibly too high already. His bad was still better than Brum's average, though
Harps - 6 : quietly unsepectacular as usual; solid defensively
Doyle - 7 : desperately deserves a goal, but really does he ever get more than a chance a game? Works so hard in the channels that he's depriving himself of glory. Unsung hero of the last two home games
Kitson - 6 : closed down well, but most of his creative work didn't seem to come off. Gradually getting back to form, though, inch by inch