Anybody tell me what has spent on players the last 2 years

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Anybody tell me what has spent on players the last 2 years

by The 17 Bus » 06 May 2008 07:14

The load of toss was us fans daring to dream, I dont really think that Chairmen are the ones that get clubs up or down. JM was extremely fortunate to have three of the best ever managers at RFC, McGee, Pardew and now Coppell. We also have had poor ones during his reign, TB1 TB2 and Porterfield.

Dont think I have forgotten who was at the helm when we got there, personally with the little we know I blame the manager for performances this season. What happens at a higher level we really only know from rumour and guessing.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 06 May 2008 08:16

rhroyal I can understand a new fan who's come along with the success being bitter at everything like this, but I cannot understand anybody who has supported Reading since before the turn of the Millennium can have a problem with Coppell or Madejski. I should ask you to read all this AGAIN:

http://www.readingfc.premiumtv.co.uk/pa ... 91,00.html

Read it all and maybe that'll put everything in perspective for you.

It is precisely this complacent attitude of looking back to where we have come from and smuggly patting ourselves on our backs, rather than looking forward to where we need to be going, that has led to our current plight.

Why can anyone have a problem with Coppell or Madejski? Because the former looks as though he's been completely lost he plot this season 'I don't know which is my strongest 11 at the moment', 'will strengthen/don't need to strengthen' 'the fact they didn't play Berbatov and Lennon caused us problems with our shape in the first half' etc., whilst the latter has fed us all sorts of hype about ambition and competing effectively at this level whilst failing to deliver on that talk and overseeing our slide back to whence we came.

Y25

by Y25 » 06 May 2008 15:32

Not Enuff