Dave Mooney Signs

168 posts
PLASTIC PIG

Re: Dave Mooney is Signing

by PLASTIC PIG » 20 Aug 2008 15:47

OMG look at him! He is without doubt the result of Stephen Hunt & Kevin Doyle having unprotected sex & then, somehow, one of them fell pregnant & gave birth to likkle baby Dave. My god it's uncanny :shock:

Bad news is he can only be about 7 or 8 so don't think he'll be ready just yet :wink:

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 20 Aug 2008 15:50

Gus the teenage cow i know all about the lad....to be honest all he's got is a finish, he's weak aswell, he reminds me of roy o donavan minus the pace, doesn't have doyle's all round game....it'll take him at least a year to adapt...if i could point to an english version of mooney it would be someone like john aldridge or gary lineker, an out and out poacher, doesn't really get involved in build up play, doesn't link play, will score goals against weak teams, that's about it really, a good bench option, nowehere near ready to replace doyler yet, like i said another roy o donovan who sunderland have loanded to dundee untied coz he wasn't making an impact

Oh no, we seem to have signed the irish equivalent of Lineker for 200k. Relegation seems a certainty now.

rfc58

by rfc58 » 20 Aug 2008 16:00

Only one Trevor Morley
Gus the teenage cow i know all about the lad....to be honest all he's got is a finish, he's weak aswell, he reminds me of roy o donavan minus the pace, doesn't have doyle's all round game....it'll take him at least a year to adapt...if i could point to an english version of mooney it would be someone like john aldridge or gary lineker, an out and out poacher, doesn't really get involved in build up play, doesn't link play, will score goals against weak teams, that's about it really, a good bench option, nowehere near ready to replace doyler yet, like i said another roy o donovan who sunderland have loanded to dundee untied coz he wasn't making an impact

Oh no, we seem to have signed the irish equivalent of Lineker for 200k. Relegation seems a certainty now.

If he is "not up to it" as your post suggests, then once again the cheap option is wasted cash.

I think i would be counting chickens and all that if i hung him before he's a) arrived and b) played, but given our recent record in the transfer market, I'd be telling porkies if I said I have complete faith in our scouting system.

Listening to the Bolton away game last season, Gilsksey came out with a very sensible comment, he said us and Bolton were evenly matched that day, but the reason they won 3-0 was, the quality they had on the pitch in the shape of a couple of players was THE main difference, he added "buying quality doesn't mean you will win matches, but it sure as hell enhances that opportunity".

Valid point i think.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 20 Aug 2008 16:04

If he's half the player either Gary Lineker or John Aldridge was I'll be more than happy.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 20 Aug 2008 16:06

Royal With Cheese

If he's half the player either Gary Lineker or John Aldridge was I'll be more than happy.

id take 25%

Wizard
Hob Nob Addict

by Wizard » 20 Aug 2008 16:15

Good to see we have brought in another new lad. I hope Doyle doesn't leave though.

Gus the teenage cow
Hob Nob Regular
Location: "God is dead"-Nietzsche 1882................."Nietzsche is dead"-God 1900

by Gus the teenage cow » 20 Aug 2008 16:22

Wizard Good to see we have brought in another new lad. I hope Doyle doesn't leave though.

who wants to say it? :D

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Aug 2008 16:22

PLASTIC PIG OMG look at him! He is without doubt the result of Stephen Hunt & Kevin Doyle having unprotected sex & then, somehow, one of them fell pregnant & gave birth to likkle baby Dave. My god it's uncanny :shock:

By God, you're right!! :lol:

Only one Trevor Morley
Location: On the floor of the penalty box, having won a penalty by falling over

by Only one Trevor Morley » 20 Aug 2008 16:32

Royal Rother
PLASTIC PIG OMG look at him! He is without doubt the result of Stephen Hunt & Kevin Doyle having unprotected sex & then, somehow, one of them fell pregnant & gave birth to likkle baby Dave. My god it's uncanny :shock:

hasnt Hunt married Doyles sister - in which case it explains everything.

Streets

by Streets » 20 Aug 2008 16:35

The Rouge http://eecho.ie/pdf/back.pdf

Sweet.

Cheap as chips and LOL @ that coxwhatshisface who said Mooney couldn't agree terms and was with Derby today when no one else had a bid accepted.

Idiot.

PLASTIC PIG

by PLASTIC PIG » 20 Aug 2008 16:36

Only one Trevor Morley
Royal Rother

hasnt Hunt married Doyles sister - in which case it explains everything.

Well just thank god that Kitson & Sidders sister never got it on

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 20 Aug 2008 16:40

PLASTIC PIG Well just thank god that Kitson & Sidders sister never got it on

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 20 Aug 2008 16:40

Streets

Sweet.

Cheap as chips and LOL @ that coxwhatshisface who said Mooney couldn't agree terms and was with Derby today when no one else had a bid accepted.

Idiot.

Oh yeah, I mean he's been shown to be miles off the mark hasn't he?

Get back to the Mrs quick - at least you had some semblance of grounding in reality then. :roll:

Streets

by Streets » 20 Aug 2008 16:42

Royal Rother
Streets

Sweet.

Idiot.

Oh yeah, I mean he's been shown to be miles off the mark hasn't he?

Get back to the Mrs quick - at least you had some semblance of grounding in reality then. :roll:

WTF? I never questioned the guy. I mean, his posts were backed up by the irish press!!! But he came out with Derby talking to him today. Where he got that from I don't know!!

Get over yourself you grumpy old git.

Streets

by Streets » 20 Aug 2008 16:49

Bad news is he can only be about 7 or 8 so don't think he'll be ready just yet :wink:

:lol:

chandog

by chandog » 20 Aug 2008 17:04

Could be a decent signing
I reckon that by buying a 5th striker gives a clear indication we may lose one of doyle or lita by the end of the transfer window
As lita is yet to really prove himself i think it will be doyle who could be on the move :cry:

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 20 Aug 2008 17:04

How come it's not on the OS? As usual, I won't believe it until it's on the OS. Didn't we have another oirish lad David C being a dead cert of signing in the past, but it never happened?

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 20 Aug 2008 17:06

All this talk of a target man, I've heard he's not great in the air. Can any of our Irish friends confirm this?

To be honest, if he is a replacement for Doyle, which he will be in the long term if not the short, arial ability isn't crucial. Still think Lita is a very underated target man.

Lets hope he can keep banging them in, hope this doesn't mean Doyle's going Villa next week though.

Big Ern
Hob Nob Regular

by Big Ern » 20 Aug 2008 17:07

Heres a selection of his goals. They look good, but then again, the opposition isn't exactly a high standard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WZwn_W4_VE

howser
Hob Nob Regular

by howser » 20 Aug 2008 17:08

Happy with that if it turns out to be true, in most terms we have been successful with the Irish lads we have bought, it still seems to be a fairly untapped market, big lad, good scoring record lets get him on the pitch and see what he can do.

168 posts