Doyle

starbug

Re: Doyle

by starbug » 22 Aug 2008 14:01

Reminds me of the Hunt to Sunderland story last Jan and equally I cant see this ending in a happy move for either club. At this late stage any fee would be substantially higher than his true value which would lead to a huge weight of expectation that he'd be unlikely to live up to - assuming he even gets the chance to.

Meanwhile we'd bank the money, claim its all been spent and have Coppell giving the usual "I'm happy with the squad" bollocks.

Still I quite like Villa and can really see them pushing for top 5 at least (preferably without Doyle...)

Kieron1981

by Kieron1981 » 22 Aug 2008 14:07

Swap for Sidwell back :)

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 22 Aug 2008 14:27

Southbank Old Boy
adamavfc Coppell seems a manager that is good at replaceing people though.

:shock:

This is the kind of thing that just reminds me not to worry too much about what other fans/pundits think about my club

Funny, I was thinking this is the kind of thing that just reminds me not to worry too much about what RFC fans think about my club.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 22 Aug 2008 14:50

Royal Rother
Southbank Old Boy

This is the kind of thing that just reminds me not to worry too much about what other fans/pundits think about my club

Funny, I was thinking this is the kind of thing that just reminds me not to worry too much about what RFC fans think about my club.

'greed, although it depends on which ones for me

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 22 Aug 2008 15:08

We need Doyle more than you lot think :)

SpaceCruiser
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by SpaceCruiser » 22 Aug 2008 15:22

I see that my response to RR has been moderated. :roll:

And anyway, why has this been allowed to remain when there's a perfectly good thread with many pages in the unfounded rumour and gossip forum?

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 22 Aug 2008 15:43

Straight swap for Ian Ormondroyd please.

Soul Man

by Soul Man » 22 Aug 2008 16:33

[quote="adamavfc"]I come in peace lol

Really Peace Off lol

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 22 Aug 2008 16:35

Royal Rother
Southbank Old Boy

I remember a thread of around 6 months ago when you jizzed yourself into a frenzy because supporters of other clubs said we were too good to go down and they knew better than RFC supporters who dared to suggest we were going to be relegated :lol:

Bill Oddie's Beard

by Bill Oddie's Beard » 22 Aug 2008 16:45

floyd__streete
Royal Rother
Southbank Old Boy :shock:

I remember a thread of around 6 months ago when you jizzed yourself into a frenzy because supporters of other clubs said we were too good to go down and they knew better than RFC supporters who dared to suggest we were going to be relegated :lol:

I remember being told by a Villa fan and a Watford fan the day we played Villa on sky that we were too good to go down. They then saw us play and unanimously agreed that we were as good as down.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 22 Aug 2008 17:40

Hate to say it but I think Doyle would fit in great at Villa.

O'Neill, like Coppell would get the best out of him.

Having said that. Fcuk off!!

chandog

by chandog » 22 Aug 2008 18:11

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Hate to say it but I think Doyle would fit in great at Villa.

Can't see doyel being more than a bench player at villa
Carew and Agbonlahor are a proven partenership and i don't see how doyle could replace either of them
Would be a decent back up if one of them got injured though

Coppell has already said he does not need (or want) to lose any more players so villa may need to make a big offer to get doyle
Having said that the recent signing of mooney could leave the door open for doyle to be sold

Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 22 Aug 2008 18:21

chandog
Smoking Kills Dancing Doe Hate to say it but I think Doyle would fit in great at Villa.

Carew and Agbonlahor are a proven partenership and i don't see how doyle could replace either of them

Coppell has already said he does not need (or want) to lose any more players so villa may need to make a big offer to get doyle
Having said that the recent signing of mooney could leave the door open for doyle to be sold

He could be the cover for any of their 3 forwards, he'd see plenty of pitch time. Could play on the left or right of Carew or in the central position.

Plus being a squad player at Villa is prob a more attractive option than being 1st choice for Reading....

chandog

by chandog » 22 Aug 2008 18:23

chandog

He could be the cover for any of their 3 forwards, he'd see plenty of pitch time. Could play on the left or right of Carew or in the central position.

Plus being a squad player at Villa is prob a more attractive option than being 1st choice for Reading....

Fair point
I wouldn't want to play up front with lita either

Bench at villa > playing for grimsby > starting for reading with leroy

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 22 Aug 2008 21:42

Streets I hope it's true.

He had one good season in the Premiership and has been shocking since. If he's made enough of a name to be sold for £7-8m then I'll drive him up to Birmingham myself.

He'll be a loss, sure, but very over rated.

HA HA. Post of the day.

That nebuliser is clearly rotting whats left of your brain.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 22 Aug 2008 21:56

I hope he goes.

If we are being honest, he was our worst player in the Premiership last season. He didn't have the pace to beat anybody and his shooting just wasn't good enough to score with his feet. If any team want to pay millions for hime, good luck to them. We missed Sidwell loads, and we missed a focused Shorey, but I can't imagine how Doyle leaving will affect us at all.

H-Town Royal

by H-Town Royal » 22 Aug 2008 21:58

Will be pissed. :evil:

He had an off season last year. He is better player then what he showed last year. If he does go who do we play? Lita, could fall back in the dog house any day. Long, a nice sub but not quite a member of the 11.(yet.) h2, Mooney & others - not ready.

Also, you can't loose Doyle if we don't have a new LB yet.