Dissapointed- The goal that Never was.

290 posts
The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Dissapointed- The goal that Never was.

by The 17 Bus » 20 Sep 2008 20:45

In principle I agree, but it would have had to have happened immediately, taking it to 1-1.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 20 Sep 2008 20:45

FiNeRaIn Disappointed with coppell today, we might not have gone against the rules of the game, but we went against the spirit.
There is no way we should have accepted that as a goal, once it was given and we had a chance to discuss the incident at half time we should of walked the ball into our own net. It was a real scrubby move to play on as if nothing had happened.
I know we are a terrible team away from home but we were scraping the bottom of the barrel. Its not as if it was a " you win some you lose some" goal, it was NEVER a goal in a million years and we were awarded a goal out of nowhere. There wasn't even a decision to be made, the manager, players and club should be ashamed of themselves tonight.

you sir are a weird one or just a watford fan :shock: i dont care how we score as long as we score and im sure coppell and everyone else would feel the same, theres up and downs in the beautiful game, get over it!
Last edited by madreadingfan on 20 Sep 2008 20:46, edited 1 time in total.

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 20 Sep 2008 20:45

Had it been the other way round you lot would be calling for MP's to get involved. :roll:

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 20 Sep 2008 20:45

As both Coppell and Boothroyd have said, it's not up to the players to put it right. That's what the officials are there for, we have to abide by all their decisions, if they're so stupid as to get them wrong on occasion in our favour - who are we to tell them? Plenty of times a player is offside when they score against us, or the oppo are given a free kick when it should be ours, or a throw in when it should be ours - so you have to take the rough with the smooth, and on this occasion, we got the good end of the deal. You can be daft sometimes Finerain.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 20 Sep 2008 20:50

Second time in my lifetime that we ahve been awarded a goal, that was clearly not a goal, heres hoping we dont get two to even it up, still was 35 odd years between them, are there any other examples known, and i dont mean those that are on the line types.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 20 Sep 2008 20:58

It was the officials that messed this up.
Reading as a team were not to blame. They were jogging back for a goal kick or something when the ref inexplicably pointed to the centre circle for a goal. The players did not appeal for a goal at all.
No one around realised what was going on (Not for the first time this afternoon, as the referee and his officials had a shocker) Until then and there was a sort of muted celebration as we all ascetained a goal had been given.
It was up the other end, so difficult to work out what was going on.

This was one of a few odd decisions this afternoon. It was obvious the ref realised he messed up because some of the decisions there after where dreadful to say the least.

lozz2601

by lozz2601 » 20 Sep 2008 21:29

mini _dariusz Had it been the other way round you lot would be calling for MP's to get involved. :roll:

Or video technology.
Oh, wait, we did.

Sonic

by Sonic » 20 Sep 2008 21:31

FiNeRaIn Disappointed with coppell today, we might not have gone against the rules of the game, but we went against the spirit.
There is no way we should have accepted that as a goal, once it was given and we had a chance to discuss the incident at half time we should of walked the ball into our own net. It was a real scrubby move to play on as if nothing had happened.
I know we are a terrible team away from home but we were scraping the bottom of the barrel. Its not as if it was a " you win some you lose some" goal, it was NEVER a goal in a million years and we were awarded a goal out of nowhere. There wasn't even a decision to be made, the manager, players and club should be ashamed of themselves tonight.

Completely agree.

Dick Habbin's hairdo
Hob Nob Regular

by Dick Habbin's hairdo » 20 Sep 2008 21:32

No 17 - I was wondering on the way back if anyone else in the RFC end was at the Rochdale game in the 70s.... I was right behind the Town End goal that day and saw it clear as anything. Needless to say, I saw b*gger all today being the full length of the pitch away....

Sod it, we deserved three points from today and not giving the Bikey "goal" and having a much better pen shout turned down in the closing minutes I suppose it's all evened up.

Arch
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Arch » 20 Sep 2008 21:37

LUX Finerain = worst poster on HNA.

just saying

If being an utterly deranged lunatic rules out one of his main competitors, then you might be right.

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 20 Sep 2008 22:22

Dick Habbin's hairdo No 17 - I was wondering on the way back if anyone else in the RFC end was at the Rochdale game in the 70s.... I was right behind the Town End goal that day and saw it clear as anything. Needless to say, I saw b*gger all today being the full length of the pitch away....

Sod it, we deserved three points from today and not giving the Bikey "goal" and having a much better pen shout turned down in the closing minutes I suppose it's all evened up.

Yep, I was in the Town End that day as well. Dunphy commented on it in his book. Can't remember what he said but something along the lines of ... "did they expect us to not accept it".

mini _dariusz

by mini _dariusz » 20 Sep 2008 22:32

Any link to the goal ?

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 20 Sep 2008 22:47

watfordroyal

by watfordroyal » 20 Sep 2008 23:22

At least we can say we were there for the craziest of games, and Bikeys dissallowed goal makes up for the linos own goal. (can we vote it as goal of the season? :lol: )
But how the hell did Watford manage to score 2 :?:

New songs for Stoke and beyond....
" Lino, Lino, score us a goal!"
"Lino is a Royal, Lino is a Royal" :lol:

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 20 Sep 2008 23:31

watfordroyal At least we can say we were there for the craziest of games, and Bikeys dissallowed goal makes up for the linos own goal. (can we vote it as goal of the season? :lol: )
But how the hell did Watford manage to score 2 :?:

New songs for Stoke and beyond....
" Lino, Lino, score us a goal!"
"Lino is a Royal, Lino is a Royal" :lol:

Nicked that one from Watford :lol: maybe we should have a thread about our new signing? :P

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 20 Sep 2008 23:55

FiNeRaIn There is no way we should have accepted that as a goal

OH YOU CAN OXF*RD RIGHT OFF

so if that was the goal to promote us or to keep us from relegation, you would turn to the ref and ask him we dont accept the goal? NO YOU WOULDNT.

Theres been controversial desisions before, and there will be controversial desisions again.

I can guarantee that this desision will be equaled by one against us during the season, but if the ref gives it, it stands.
Last edited by SLAMMED on 21 Sep 2008 00:07, edited 1 time in total.

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 21 Sep 2008 00:04

The 17 Bus Second time in my lifetime that we ahve been awarded a goal, that was clearly not a goal, heres hoping we dont get two to even it up, still was 35 odd years between them, are there any other examples known, and i dont mean those that are on the line types.

Anyone seen the vid from Brazil where the ballboy scored?? :lol:

I'll try find it!

URZZZZZZZZ
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Long knocks it back in.............IT'S READING WHO TAKE A MASSIVE STEP TOWARDS WEMBLEY!!

by URZZZZZZZZ » 21 Sep 2008 00:06

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 21 Sep 2008 00:12

Has to be the worst refereeing desision that has ever been made anywhere...

kwik-silva
Hob Nob Regular

by kwik-silva » 21 Sep 2008 00:14

SLAMMED

Has to be the worst refereeing desision that has ever been made anywhere...

Well... shooting 4/5 yards wide and giving a goal for it can't be far off :roll:

290 posts