Hob Nob Addict

Re: Team for Swansea

by PEARCEY » 24 Sep 2008 20:28

chandog USA
Rosenior, bikey, pearce, armstrong
Kebe, harps, karacan, shunt
doyle, nhunt

bench: fed, ingi, bryn, convey, long

i would like to see henry and mooney on the bench at least but cant see coppell changing the team that much. also i cant see convey and long being dropped for those two
bryn in for harps might work but coppell is loyal to harps so his place is pretty safe

Think there is a very good chance this will be the 16. Certainly dont expect any changes to the starting 11 from our past couple of games especially as only Bikey wasn't rested against Stoke and he has to start on Saturday

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 24 Sep 2008 20:41

I'd say Harper and Karacan are potentially our best pairing. But thats just because I wonder if we really have a proper quality pairing. The only other real options for me are Harper & Matejovsky and Matejovski & Karacan.

I don't rate Cisse as a midfielder, Gunnarsson is getting past it, whilst he still maybe good for the odd game and substitute match turning performances I can't see him having the legs to pay consistently or for a full match. Not sure how he got on against Stoke, I've only seen the pens. Bikey is clearly much more important in defence.

Personally I'd perservere with both Pearce and Karacan, because they're only likely to get better, even if they do have some games where they are a bit anonymous or make costly errors.

So as mentioned before I'd stick with:

Hahnemann
Rosenior, Bikey, Pearce, Armstrong
Kebe, Harper, Karacan, SHunt
Doyle, NHunt.

But I'd like to see a bench more like this:

Fed, Ivar, Gunnarsson, Henry, Mooney/Long. Maybe Convey in for one of Ivar or Gunnarsson.

Does anyone know the latest on Murty and Marek's injuries?

Boyband

by Boyband » 24 Sep 2008 22:38

Hahnemann
Armstrong
Rosenior
Pearce
Bikey
Henry
S. Hunt
Harper
Karacan
Doyle
N. Hunt

shaunyfarmer11

by shaunyfarmer11 » 25 Sep 2008 07:42

marcus
rosenior
pearce
bikey
armstrong
kebe /henry
karacan
harper
s hunt
n hunt
doyle

sub federici gunnarson mooney convey kelly

kelly waste of space i no he is young but he is not ready yet

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 25 Sep 2008 07:45

I would keep the same 11 as Watford but would change the bench. Federici obviously, Gunnarsson to cover defence and midfield allowing Convey, Henry and Mooney. In Championship winning season our bench was regularly Gunnarsson, 2 wingers and a striker.

Coppell is far to conservative with his subs, could understand 2 defenders last season when we are trying not to lose games but not anymore. Its just crazy.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 25 Sep 2008 07:55

silas I would keep the same 11 as Watford but would change the bench. Federici obviously, Gunnarsson to cover defence and midfield allowing Convey, Henry and Mooney. In Championship winning season our bench was regularly Gunnarsson, 2 wingers and a striker.

Coppell is far to conservative with his subs, could understand 2 defenders last season when we are trying not to lose games but not anymore. Its just crazy.

'greed

But from what I have seen of Kelly he seems pretty decent.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 25 Sep 2008 08:02

Unchanged from the Wednesday game.

But i'd like Henry on the bench or better still, starting ahead of Bambi.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 25 Sep 2008 09:21

Ian Royal Home, so same first team as against Sheff Weds.

If it was away, I'd be seriously considering playing Coppell over Kebe.

I think Coppell's best days are behind him to be honest mate.

Same team as v Wednesday.

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 25 Sep 2008 09:42

Maguire

I think Coppell's best days are behind him to be honest mate.

Same team as v Wednesday.

We seem to have the same mentality this season from SC, comments have dropped a bit, probably due to the goals flowing at home, I find the comments from those that travel much more revealing so far this season.

Sounds like there is still a bit of disappointment among the players, some are taking it better than others.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 25 Sep 2008 10:55

I think there's life in the ol' dog yet. He has brought in Karacan and Pearce and is blooding Kelly and Henry. Plus the signings of Nhunt and Armstrong have been class so far. Don't write Copps off yet. (Although I do agree he needs to be a bit more proactive with his team selection).

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 25 Sep 2008 10:57

Archie's penalty I think there's life in the ol' dog yet. He has brought in Karacan and Pearce and is blooding Kelly and Henry. Plus the signings of Nhunt and Armstrong have been class so far. Don't write Copps off yet. (Although I do agree he needs to be a bit more proactive with his team selection).

I think a whooosh is in order for that post.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 25 Sep 2008 11:06

Wycombe Royal
Archie's penalty I think there's life in the ol' dog yet. He has brought in Karacan and Pearce and is blooding Kelly and Henry. Plus the signings of Nhunt and Armstrong have been class so far. Don't write Copps off yet. (Although I do agree he needs to be a bit more proactive with his team selection).

I think a whooosh is in order for that post.

There hasn't been a whoosh on here for ages. I think I've forgotten what it means. Does it mean I missed the point? If so, how?

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 25 Sep 2008 11:54

Given Pardew`s admission a few weeks ago that Swansea gave his team the runaround, I expect to see a contrast in styles on Saturday.
Coppell is expected to name an unchanged team from last week so I think the defence will play high up the pitch, with a narrow midfield in an attempt to get close to the opposition and break up their passing game.
Shame really, I wish it was the other way round.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 25 Sep 2008 11:55

If im honest i think Gunna has seen his best days past him now, i think even in a majority of the games in the championship now.Doesnt anyone remember his shocking performances early last season (Portsmouth 7-4 and others) where his turning circle made wally downes look athletic.... However Coppell does seem to endure his performances which is irritating, the same goes for ingi.Harper and Karacan for now,its looked ok to me though when marek comes back jem will be back on the bench.Keep Kebe in, he will produce the goods on sat!Bikey and Pearce at the back.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 25 Sep 2008 12:42

Boyband
Archie's penalty

Kebe was good at Watford. HTH.

LOL!

You, sir, are a plonker.

Hope that helps

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 25 Sep 2008 12:43

I'd like to see Henry in for Kebe and Bryn for Harper, but it will be the same team that beat Sheff Wed.

Hampshire Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Hampshire Royal » 25 Sep 2008 12:45

What??? The same team that beat Sheff Wed 6-0?????

Coppell out.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 25 Sep 2008 12:57

Hampshire Royal What??? The same team that beat Sheff Wed 6-0?????

Coppell out.

Touche sir - touche... :wink:

Seal
Hob Nob Regular

by Seal » 25 Sep 2008 13:06

Negative_Jeff Given Pardew`s admission a few weeks ago that Swansea gave his team the runaround, I expect to see a contrast in styles on Saturday.
Coppell is expected to name an unchanged team from last week so I think the defence will play high up the pitch, with a narrow midfield in an attempt to get close to the opposition and break up their passing game.
Shame really, I wish it was the other way round.

How depressing that a team just releagted from the Premiership are worried about getting outpassed by a team just promoted from League 1.

hughsies no.1

by hughsies no.1 » 25 Sep 2008 13:37

i understand all this love for henry with his two goals and kissing the badge etc but no way should he be starting infront of kebe. against watford he was our main threat and at home he really excells. henry will get his chance, no doubt atall he should be on the bench but no way should kebe be droppeed!!!!