if tony pulis called you

statto

Re: if tony pulis called you

by statto » 03 Dec 2008 10:31

"Nicky Shorey, Dave Kitson, Sonko, Sidwell and Little (the last 2 to a certain extent) and get put off by their downfalls"

Please enlighten me how any of these players have "ruined their careers" by leaving Reading.

Shorey and Sidwell are playing in Europe for a club on the up which could sneak into the Champions League

Little played against AC Milan last week

Kitson and Sonko are in a premier league squad looking very capable of staying up this year.

Compared to them staying with a club that was relegated and now in a play-off position, I wouldn't call it a downfall, unless someone has changed the meaning of the word to mean "doing considerable better than before" without me knowing.

boy1985

by boy1985 » 03 Dec 2008 10:31

d) Ask Pulis to swap Sonko with Bikey

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

by Thomas L'Heureux » 03 Dec 2008 10:57

Negative_Jeff It is February 2009 and in a surprise switch the transfer window has seen Dave Kitson return to his old club Reading in exchange for Noel Hunt. The move fails to galvanise Kitson however as he continues to struggle to find his first goal for over a year. Reading`s form and team spirit suffers to the extent that a top half finish now looks fanciful.
Hunt however turns out to be the perfect foil for Sidebe and Fuller as a top half finish beckons for Stoke. Pulis reckons Hunt`s goals and clever link up play can take Stoke to the Cup Final in May.
Are you;
a Getting behind Kitson in an effort to help him rediscover his form?
b Booing Kitson?
c Planning to attend the Coppell Out demonstration at the Manager`s parking space?

Kitson scored against Man City in March and Derby in May. HTH.

Thames

by Thames » 03 Dec 2008 10:59

I'd rather have Kitson on footballing ability, but taking everything into account I'd go for Noel Hunt.

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 03 Dec 2008 11:05

A striker who gets in the box>>>>Than a striker who does not

Don't think DOyle and Kitson we suited to playing together, espically when Kits decided to do his poor mans Sheringham impression.

Hunt's direct and leads the line.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 03 Dec 2008 11:12

This is an overly negative thread and I don't like it.

In answer to the question, I'd rather we kept N. Hunt as his strike partnership with Doyle is working like a house on fire.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 03 Dec 2008 11:15

Say "no" - because I think having N Hunt at the club is one of the major factors that will keep S Hunt at the club.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 03 Dec 2008 11:29

Thaumagurist* This is an overly negative thread and I don't like it.

Not everything in the world is fluffiness and light, you borderline retarded man-child.

And is this even slightly negative? No, not at all.

Muppet.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 03 Dec 2008 11:35

Thames I'd rather have Kitson on footballing ability, but taking everything into account I'd go for Noel Hunt.

If we could have him ahead of Lita, Long or Mooney, then we'd be laughing. The front two we have is fine. Strength in depth is sent to Norwich, still a promising youngster and ... errr ... well, yes.

But Thames is right. Kitson is a far better player than Hunt. However, stuff away from the football field means that I'd rather stick with the front two and look to bolster around it. Plus a partnership >>> two individuals up front.

Something Leroy might want to take on board.

Blue and White Toucan

by Blue and White Toucan » 03 Dec 2008 11:47

Whilst I would possibly agree that Kitson is a technically better player the reality is we have a Striker who is full of confidence and scoring goals in Noel.

Kitson on the other hand, if you believe all you read, is not that settled and has not scored this season, and I would imaine quite low on confidence.

There would be no reason to swap from RFC's position. In fact it would be a backward step for the club. We are supposed to be moving forward and not looking back!!! :roll:

Next thing we will be asking is 'If Tony Adams rings and offers a swap deal - Kebe - Little'

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 03 Dec 2008 11:50

Blue and White Toucan Next thing we will be asking is 'If Tony Adams rings and offers a swap deal - Kebe - Little'

I can think of a worse question:

"If Alex phoned you up and offered you C.Ronaldo for free, would you be happy to take him?"

I'd say no, we don't need the cheating kunt here. I'd rather Kebe any day.

Huntley & Palmer
Hob Nob Moderator

by Huntley & Palmer » 03 Dec 2008 11:51

No comparison, Kitson is a more complete player than Noel currently. However, at the moment I wouldn't let Noel leave here for love nor money

Magicman

by Magicman » 03 Dec 2008 11:53

Its only Dec 2008 where I am, but if Tony called i would be thinking i wonder who else i could off-load and make a shed load of money on, then returning to the question i would say

Tony do one.

Maguire
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Maguire » 03 Dec 2008 12:02

Thames I'd rather have Kitson on footballing ability, but taking everything into account I'd go for Noel Hunt.

Yeah, nicely summed up.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Dec 2008 12:12

Dirk Gently Say "no" - because I think having N Hunt at the club is one of the major factors that will keep S Hunt at the club.

I think that's key.

It's not just that Shunty likes his brother around they work together really well. Imho the Shunt Nhunt partnership is almost as strong as Noel and Doyle's. Shunt seems to know what runs his brother will make and vice versa. They are always the first ones to congratulate each other when they score. It's actually quite sweet.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict

by papereyes » 03 Dec 2008 12:16

Magicman Its only Dec 2008 where I am, but if Tony called i would be thinking i wonder who else i could off-load and make a shed load of money on, then returning to the question i would say

Tony do one.

The temptation to teach Sodje or Bennett a scottish accent and see if it works must surely be there.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 03 Dec 2008 12:17

If Kitson was fit without a shadow of a doubt. He has proved time and again that he is easily good enough to bang in the goals at this level. There is no way that Pulis would swap him for Hunt though. He isn't an idiot.

Doyle he might try. But that would be No, even though I think Kitson is a better player.

londinium
Hob Nob Regular

by londinium » 03 Dec 2008 12:17

All things considered ... I'd Have Kitson back in a flash.

A much better footballer and thats what I want.

Thats not to say that I'm unhappy with Noel as I am not, but just think that Kitson wins in every department... heading, two footedness, shooting, passing a man, making better runs, vision, tackling back, defending.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 03 Dec 2008 12:18

londinium All things considered ... I'd Have Kitson back in a flash.

A much better footballer and thats what I want.

Thats not to say that I'm unhappy with Noel as I am not, but just think that Kitson wins in every department... heading, two footedness, shooting, passing a man, making better runs, vision, tackling back, defending.

Big headedness, injury proneness, a tendency to put in his foot in the mouth.

This should really be a poll, should it not?

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 03 Dec 2008 12:26

Gus the teenage cow ...and offered a straight swap in january of kitson for noel hunt and you were coppell, would you say yes?

no knee-jerk answers please, think it through, even sleep on it if you wish and get back to me

I'd want 4 cases of Kitson's finest wine too!

Seriously though, probably not.

It is currently 01 Oct 2024 20:58