Lita for Norwich

139 posts
Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Lita for Norwich

by Ian Royal » 07 Dec 2008 19:16

Handsome Man
Ian Royal
Handsome Man He is looking quite good against Ipswich without coming too close to scoring. It is certainly a better performance today than any that Hunt has produced this year in Lita's place. I am firmly on Lita's side - why should he wnat to come back to Reading when he is being kept out of the side for non-football reasons?

Surely the fact he looked about as likely to score as me for 18 months constitutes quite good footballing reasons?

He scored against Derby didn't he? And he hasn't played too many other games.

Lita 14(4) 2 & 3(1) 0
Long 10(22) 3 & 5(15) 1

16 is a fair few games to do something. Neither are great, but at least we're sure Long wants to be here and will try. Ideally I'd like to see us offload Lita in January and Long in the summer with Mooney & Church coming through and a nice quality tall goalscorer to come in and challenge NHunt.

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 07 Dec 2008 21:24

Handsome Man He is looking quite good against Ipswich without coming too close to scoring. It is certainly a better performance today than any that Hunt has produced this year in Lita's place. I am firmly on Lita's side - why should he wnat to come back to Reading when he is being kept out of the side for non-football reasons?

He did look OK today (on TV).

But to say that he is better than Hunt (which? or both?) is crazy.

I wouldn't swap either of them for him.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 07 Dec 2008 22:39

Are you refering to the N.hunt who has 10 goals so far this season, which is more than Lita has managed in the last Two

juanpablo
Hob Nob Regular

by juanpablo » 07 Dec 2008 23:02

N Hunt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lita

many strikers in league 1 >>>>>>>>>>>Long

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 07 Dec 2008 23:07

alex pierce wasnt alowed to play against us, im assuming lita cant either

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 08 Dec 2008 08:33

Lita will not be playing for Norwich on Saturday

Let's hope we do rather better v Norwich than we did the last time a side with one of our players on loan came to town.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 08 Dec 2008 08:48

72 bus

Are you refering to the N.hunt who has 10 goals so far this season, which is more than Lita has managed in the last Two

Most strikers would score in half their games while Stephen Hunt is firing in premiership corners against championship defenders. Lita has done it playing for Norwich, where the rest of the team looks a bit League 1. Lita doesn't look much fun to defend against either. From what I have seen, Lita looks a better player than Noel Hunt.

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 08 Dec 2008 08:59

Handsome Man
72 bus

Most strikers would score in half their games while Stephen Hunt is firing in premiership corners against championship defenders. Lita has done it playing for Norwich, where the rest of the team looks a bit League 1. Lita doesn't look much fun to defend against either. From what I have seen, Lita looks a better player than Noel Hunt.

And how many games each would you base that on? You can't be serious on just READING form? Lita hasn't done as well for us as Nhunt has, I'm sure. And it's not just about scoring either. Yes, he looked good yesterday, but that is the only game I've seen him play for Norwich this season and so I will not make a judgement on that alone. On past form (on and off the pitch) I'd rather have Nhunt thanks.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 08 Dec 2008 09:22

Handsome Man
72 bus

It's still an irrelevant argument wether Hunt is or isn't better than Lita. It's farily obvious that Lita's attitude has irked Coppell and that he does not want his influence around the camp - and Coppell's, not ours, is the opinion that matters. He's done OK at Norwich but he's still not setting the league alight. I thought he played OK yesterday. Typical Lita performance really. Against the better defences (Ipwsich had only conceeded 20 goals before yesterdays game) he looks ordinary.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 08 Dec 2008 09:34

juanpablo N Hunt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Lita

many strikers in league 1 >>>>>>>>>>>Long

Not sure N Hunt is that many '>' ahead of Lita, especially if we rewound the clock back to Lita's first season (as it's N Hunt's) They would probably be about the same. Having said that Hunt offers the team a lot more apart from goals and he's fitted in seemlessly. What I would say that a 3 man attack of Doyle, N Hunt and Lita. That's with Lita being used readily, sub appearances, then maybe forcing his way back in to the side would be a hell of a lot stronger than the current 3. You almost feel that if the front two play badly or don't score, we can't really change things from the bench to get a goal.

It's certainly an area that needs addressing in January. The front two can't be expected to play every game from now until the end of the season and Long is just well behind the both of them in terms of what he brings to the team. If Coppell has decided that Lita is definitely not in his long term plans then he should be sold if possible and someone of proven quality in this league needs to be brought in. Someone who can genuinely run the front 2 close for their positions and maybe ultimately take on of those positions. I think Birmingham have 1 or 2 too many but they do have quality up top, they haven't played as good football as us and Wolves but because of the firepower in their squad they are able to trun games and eek results in games they don't play well in. A good example would be Swansea, 2-1 down at a team going well, brings Phillips on, scores 2 win 3-2. Now could Reading do that? Highly unlikely to be fair.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 08 Dec 2008 09:56

I reckon we should have Lita back around Christmas Eve. That way he will probably have scored a few more goals and it would be wise not to let him play too many games over Christmas as he may get injured. Also, he'll be able to open his presents at home and roast his chestnuts over an open fire.

Also, don't know if it came across on TV, but Lita has gone down in history up here for his 'concern' for a fellow professional just before Norwich scored their second goal.

He sprinted about 40 yards to inform the ref that the Ipswich centre half Gareth McCauley had a blood injury.

He was sent off the pitch to have it attended to. The free kick swings in and with no McCauley at the heart of the defence, Norwich score. That's the sort of selfless concern for a fellow pro that the game so badly needs. :lol:

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 08 Dec 2008 10:24

Alan Partridge I think Birmingham have 1 or 2 too many but they do have quality up top, they haven't played as good football as us and Wolves but because of the firepower in their squad they are able to trun games and eek results in games they don't play well in. A good example would be Swansea, 2-1 down at a team going well, brings Phillips on, scores 2 win 3-2. Now could Reading do that? Highly unlikely to be fair.

Yes - we know how much you admire Kevin Phillips and, against Watford, he was on from the start and played a full 90 minutes. I'm not sure there will be anyone in the marketplace we could purchase in Januray who could currently satisfy this role. Are there any more Hunt brothers? ;-) Lita certainly has ruled himself out of it with his "I don't want to sit on the bench" comments.

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 08 Dec 2008 10:30

Have to agrre there!

in recent weeks Birmingham have been going behind in games but have still come out with all three points as they have decent strikers on the bench which can turn a game on its head.

and i dont think we could do that as our strike force qulity on the bench is Shane Long! and lets face it its unlikely hell turn a game on its head.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 08 Dec 2008 10:34

bishbosh92 Have to agrre there!

in recent weeks Birmingham have been going behind in games but have still come out with all three points as they have decent strikers on the bench which can turn a game on its head.

and i dont think we could do that as our strike force qulity on the bench is Shane Long! and lets face it its unlikely hell turn a game on its head.

He might do 1 in 10 if we're lucky. But, what's more important, we don't have any option until the transfer window opens. Even then I'm at a loss to see who, unless we plunder the lower leagues/Scottish set up, we could get which wouldn't be any more than a speculative punt. And, oh my god, if we did that and it didn't work out, how that would please a serious number of nobbers......

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 08 Dec 2008 10:45

Royal With Cheese

He might do 1 in 10 if we're lucky. But, what's more important, we don't have any option until the transfer window opens. Even then I'm at a loss to see who, unless we plunder the lower leagues/Scottish set up, we could get which wouldn't be any more than a speculative punt. And, oh my god, if we did that and it didn't work out, how that would please a serious number of nobbers......
True but we need someone who can come of the bench and change a game, yes long scores 1 in 10 thats just not good enough and despite hes injured i reckon we should give mooney a try see how he does of the bench.

John 3:16

by John 3:16 » 08 Dec 2008 10:49

bishbosh92
Royal With Cheese

True but we need someone who can come of the bench and change a game, yes long scores 1 in 10 thats just not good enough and despite hes injured i reckon we should give mooney a try see how he does of the bench.

:roll:

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 08 Dec 2008 10:51

bishbosh92 True but we need someone who can come of the bench and change a game, .....

Like Bryn does?

bishbosh92

by bishbosh92 » 08 Dec 2008 10:52

Dirk Gently
bishbosh92 True but we need someone who can come of the bench and change a game, .....

Like Bryn does?
Yh but Bryn is a Midfielder, yes its nice hes scoring but we wont do that everygame we need a striker who can do ot.

rabidbee
Hob Nob Regular

by rabidbee » 08 Dec 2008 11:45

League rules won't allow Lita to play - it will have nothing to do with clauses. There's too much opportunity for some seriously dodgy stuff to happen if a player owned by one club played for the opposition. Not that I'd object if Leroy decided to slam an injury-time winner into the Norwich net on our behalf...

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 08 Dec 2008 13:14

Loan has now been extended until January.

139 posts