Defences Confidence with USA

Thomas L'Heureux
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Defences Confidence with USA

by Thomas L'Heureux » 10 Dec 2008 12:17

Sarah Star Am I the only one who is't at all worried about the offside goal? I thought it had already been flagged offside way before it went in the goal, so why should Feds bother to save it?

Also, after the makeshift changes we had to make, the team would be a little shaky...not that that's a good thing, but it's like they have to get used to each other all over again. I hope they do before Saturday.

I agree with you. I remember at the time thinking that his positioning was quite questionable, but looking at the bigger picture you realise that he'd been on the field for a matter of seconds, hadn't touched the ball, and was still trying to warm himself up.

Knowing he's playing in advance will help him a lot. He'll be more prepared, will do some drills with Sal Bibbo, and has my confidence.

We're lucky to have two 'keepers of Hahnemann's and Federici's abilities at this level. Both 'keepers could improve, but then again, apart from maybe two or three goalies on the planet, so could everyone.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 10 Dec 2008 17:54

Alan Partridge
bishbosh92 Im not sure

Hes a good keeper dont get me wrong, but the Defensive didnt have as much confidence with him like they do with Marcus in goal.

Or thats how it looked Tuesday anyway/

At 1-0, sub keeper just come on,team not playing well I think it's human nature to maybe have a few more nerves at that time. Probably not down to Federici himself, more the game situation.

It's going to be interesting to see how he gets on, first choice defense, meaningful league games so no excuses now. This is the opportunity he has had to wait AGES for, so let's see if he's good enough.

Taken from: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=82974&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&start=20

S09Royal

by S09Royal » 10 Dec 2008 20:54

One day USA will leave or retire and we'll HAVE to cope with a new goalie.
This season is so vital but i can't help but be concerned that if he's out for a while, our whole campaign to get back into the PL will crash and burn. Bikey is back this Saturday so maybe he can bring in more confidence for the team again-if USA isn't back, which i sure well hope he is. I'm nervous for Saturday already!! Man, when will Wolves & Brum get concerns like this? Everything seems so rosy for them atm and now things are starting to go wrong for us. Is this our bad patch? 3 games 9 points...excellent, but without USA i wonder how many more we'll get this month :roll: :|

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 11 Dec 2008 00:10

Well clearly we shall see. It's all been said in the above posts. Fedders needs to command his area, take the initiative and have the confidence boost he needs to settle his nerves. He's been there at OT and made a few cracking saves against one of the best teams in the country. The replay was obviously a serious let down - but it's now his chance to have a run of games other than the cup runs and make his mark. It could be seen as make or break for his Reading career, and has been said many times before. BLEND the two goalkeepers to eventually wind down MH.