Nostalgia time - pix from the 78/79 Championship season

Fluff

Re: Nostalgia time - pix from the 78/79 Championship season

by Fluff » 10 Feb 2009 22:50

Thanks for the pics.
The 3-0 win at home to Bradford was my first game.
Fond memories of the win at home to Aldershot (alot of rucking that day IIRC) and the end of season-ish win against Wimbledon, invading the pitch for the first time :D

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 11 Feb 2009 11:51

Superb, superb, superb.

Bradford was my first game of that season. They had a 'star' playing for them. Paul Reaney. Remember southbank being all pompey on that Easter game ... and remember the Wimbledon game too. A great midweeker.

Barnsley game my dad took me and my mates. It was my 11th birthday. In those days Town End wasn't officially the away end. They kept the gates shut for 10 mins at the end and we got caught in a crush with loads of pissed off barnsely fans in NCB donkey jackets. My old man complained to the Club and we got free tickets for the York home game (for which they gave out vouchers for the Saints league cup win, hence the 12,000 gate).

Franchise FC
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Franchise FC » 11 Feb 2009 19:52

Schards#2
PardewsLoveChild Thanks for the pics Ark Royal,superb.The Wimbledon home game which clinched the title was my first ever game,John Alexander scored the goal in a 1 - 0 win.

Surely Port Vale away was the title clincher?

A vintage season with that Grimsby game one of the most memorable, being a top of the table clash.

Absolutely right - in fact we didn't know we were champions until the results came through from other games.

Wimbledon game may have clinched promotion ?

Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Ark Royal » 11 Feb 2009 20:52

Franchise FC
Schards#2
PardewsLoveChild Thanks for the pics Ark Royal,superb.The Wimbledon home game which clinched the title was my first ever game,John Alexander scored the goal in a 1 - 0 win.

Surely Port Vale away was the title clincher?

A vintage season with that Grimsby game one of the most memorable, being a top of the table clash.

Absolutely right - in fact we didn't know we were champions until the results came through from other games.

Wimbledon game may have clinched promotion ?

Was the home game before, the 1-0 win against Halifax. Steve Hetzke scored.