HARPER IS POSSIBLY NOT VERY GOOD.......

142 posts
Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: HARPER IS SHIT.......

by Royal Lady » 21 Feb 2009 18:28

Bring back Murty to instill a bit of leadership and shout at the players when they're playing appallingly. Harper NEVER talks to the team. And as for that rubbish about not talking to Dellor because "he slagged him off in the paper last week" - grow a pair Harps - whether he did or he didn't, YOU'RE the oxf*rd captain, so do your oxf*rd job.

statto

by statto » 21 Feb 2009 18:31

Change of captain, yes.

Change of right back, no.

There isn't really an obvious candidate out there.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 21 Feb 2009 18:32

Fair comment RL. We do miss Murty's leadership skills. It would be tough on Rosenior but things need to change as 5 points from our last five games is more akin to relegation form.
On a positive note it hs been a tough run of games and we now have a run of matches against apparently weaker opposition.
We really must beat Forest next week though.

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 21 Feb 2009 18:33

By far the worst thing about having Harps as a captain is his decision to keep turning us around from the kick-off :evil: :evil:
I am f*cking sick of it

Played right into their hands today

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 21 Feb 2009 18:35

Mods can you please give this thread an appropriate name? - something like the "seeing everything in black and white thread."

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 21 Feb 2009 18:36

How is Murts doing at Charlton? Is he fit enough/good enough to do a job now?

Charlton seem to have started getting results.

There DOES seem to be a leadership issue on the pitch.

It might be tough on Rosy, but managers have to make tough decisions

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 21 Feb 2009 18:41

Royal Lady Bring back Murty to instill a bit of leadership and shout at the players when they're playing appallingly. Harper NEVER talks to the team. And as for that rubbish about not talking to Dellor because "he slagged him off in the paper last week" - grow a pair Harps - whether he did or he didn't, YOU'RE the oxf*rd captain, so do your oxf*rd job.

Totally agree too - Harper does not command the midfield, nor does he command the team as a captain should do - however, whilst he is happy to take the armband, he should also take the responsibility of the necessary media coverage that would be expected for him to undertake - it must be wholly frustrating for the likes of Marek and Tabb so see such an inept performer keeping them out of the team

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 21 Feb 2009 18:45

PEARCEY 5 points from our last five games is more akin to relegation form.

Yet we are still on a better run of form than Wolves and Birmingham! Bizarre really.

madreadingfan

by madreadingfan » 21 Feb 2009 18:51

harper is crabman

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 21 Feb 2009 18:53

Royal Lady Harper NEVER talks to the team. And as for that rubbish about not talking to Dellor because "he slagged him off in the paper last week" - grow a pair Harps - whether he did or he didn't, YOU'RE the oxf*rd captain, so do your oxf*rd job.

:shock: Harper is always talking to the team, how you can say he doesnt is beyond me. He gets slated constantly for pointing and talking as opposed to getting stuck in so, who do you think he is talking to when he does that?

You can often see him geeing up players and having a word with the ref

RoyalBlue
royalexile So who gets the captains armband. The team lacked discipline and leadership :| Again no real bite in any particular area of the pitch. Doobs played a solid defensive game for probably three quarters of the game.

With the mention of Doobs I think you answered your own question. He is a player who leads from the front (or should that be back!) in a blood and guts way (literally) in the style of a certain Mr A Williams.

Did you ever see Adie play?

There styles are hardly comparable

Harper is certainly a bit out of form. He isnt shit but he is a midfield that isnt functioning very well and he is the key component

I think it sums up our season that Harper and Cisse have become the preferred partnership in the middle but they havent been convincing all season but we got away with it before christmas but now getting over run week after week in the middle is coming home to roost

Tacano

by Tacano » 21 Feb 2009 18:58

I'm charming.
Last edited by Tacano on 21 Feb 2009 19:20, edited 1 time in total.

Fezza

by Fezza » 21 Feb 2009 19:14

Tacano
Charming.

Hmmmm was a touch upset after the game and will remove it!
Last edited by Fezza on 22 Feb 2009 21:15, edited 1 time in total.

79Royal

by 79Royal » 21 Feb 2009 19:18

Oh my God, we lost at home. Let's all panic, blame Harper and give absolutely no suggestions as to what to do next. :roll:

Anyone who was actually at the game today and, for that matter the past 5 games, would know that Harper isn't the only player under performing at present. Federici should have come for the ball for both of their goals, Pearce had the type of game youngsters sometimes do, Duberry lost his battle against Adebola, Kebe and Hunt were both poor, Armstrong and Rosenior have both played much better this season, Cissé was found wanting at times, Harper was poor, Lita ran a lot and not much else and Doyle definitely didn't play to his own high standards.

The team has been poor recently and perhaps Harper does need a spell on the bench. But he is not the only one. If Coppell decided to play a comepletely different 11 for the Forest game, he'd probably be justified. As someone quite rightly posted earlier, Harper is being used as the scapegoat - although he's done himself no favours by not speaking to the press.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 21 Feb 2009 19:20

handbags_harris Scapegoat.

That is all.

He's never really been much good though mate, I still don't know what Harper is actually really good at 9 years after him signing. But he's lucky, because as long as Stephen Hunt is on the pitch he'll never be the worst player for Reading.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 21 Feb 2009 19:23

Harper seems to be a player who does take things very very personally. I spoke to him once after the Infamous Portsmouth game and to say he was swearing and unresponsive is an understatement. Part of his personality i suppose. BUT being a representative of the club he should have spoken to BBCRB.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Feb 2009 19:26

79Royal Oh my God, we lost at home. Let's all panic, blame Harper and give absolutely no suggestions as to what to do next. :roll:

I think you'll find a lot of suggestions offered by those on here.

Millsy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Millsy » 21 Feb 2009 19:28

I never really seem to notice enough of Harper to tell if he's rubbish or not tbh.

It confuses me: is it becaue he's so good he runs the whole show and doesn't put a foot wrong? Or is it because he's anonymous and rubbish?

I've never really noticed him much but with him as the engine of our team we're doing very well in the league so he can't really be "shit" I'm guessing.... :?:

However one thing I'll say about Matejovsky - he was excellent today. I definitely noticed him. Ok a couple of times it was for stray passes but boy oh boy did I ejoy seeing him take the ball from the halfway line past half the Brizzle team and lay create something out of nothing.

Class.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Feb 2009 19:34

Ideal
handbags_harris Scapegoat.

That is all.

Seconded.

When the team includes Cissé, Henry, Lita and Pearce, why should Harper be the one singled out?

The goat has been scaped.

Not really. Harper has been crap since December.

boyal royal

by boyal royal » 21 Feb 2009 19:35

The thread was HARPER IS SHIT yes he was fu@*ing awful so was Kebe and Hunt change the fu@*ing team copell they were all awful!!

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 21 Feb 2009 19:38

Steven Gerrard would look shite in a midfield that was outnumbered!!!! HTH :roll:

Harper Cisse and Hunt v 5 Brizzle city players...come off it...even my nan could work out which team would come out on top...

Not helped by a winger who insists on hugging the right touchline...refusing to track back..shrugs his shoulders when given instruction and then because the pitch was bobbly he refused to try and got passed his man to get the cross in on a number of occasions...

:roll:

142 posts