Changes to be made next week

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Changes to be made next week

by Woodcote Royal » 22 Feb 2009 01:00

You could well be right but if a week of soul searching produces a centre mid of Harps and Marek, I'm glad I won't be there to express my observations.

Having said that, if the dross we've witnessed recently resulted in our manager selecting an unchanged team I guess we should be grateful if he decides to change his Y fronts.
Last edited by Woodcote Royal on 22 Feb 2009 01:03, edited 1 time in total.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 22 Feb 2009 01:02

Woodcote Royal You could well be right but if a week of soul searching produces a centre mid of Harps and Marek, I'm glad I won't be there to express my observations.

That's a point, he might play Gunnarsson, I still can't see him dropping Harper though :|

it should be mass change with 5 or 6 changes throughout the side, in reality we'll be lucky to see 3.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 22 Feb 2009 08:05

Federici
Rosenior
Armstrong
Pearce
Bikey
Little (in the vain hope that Portsmouth will let out on loan this week)
Matejovsky
Gunnarsson
Doyle
Hunt S
Hunt N

Subs

Hahnemann
Kebe
Lita
Tabb
Cisse

Schards#2
Hob Nob Regular

by Schards#2 » 22 Feb 2009 08:40

I would love to see Murty back, firstly, because he's a leader, a Reading hero and will die for the shirt, secondly, because IMHO Rosenior is utter gash.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 22 Feb 2009 08:55

crossie
Row Z Royal You on the left, me on the right and dariusz up front. Maybe Stevo in midfield too.

Done.

:lol: Yeah right.

However, the other 3, yes :wink:

Cut.

Bristol Paul

by Bristol Paul » 22 Feb 2009 09:07

What will really happen is:

Fed
Rosenior
Armstrong
Pearce
Doobs
Harper
Matejovsky
SHunt
Kebe
Doyle
NHunt

He doesn't do radical...., and again we'll be outplayed by a 5 man midfield

sawyers left arm

by sawyers left arm » 22 Feb 2009 09:18

I don't care I just want Kebe out he is crap and lazy

Percy's Rocket

by Percy's Rocket » 22 Feb 2009 13:32

Definitely send for Murty.this team needs a leader...though Rosey has done well
..and Blakey is a nice idea but has he got any games under his belt..even for Pompey reserves..

My problem with Kebe is that though he can clearly dribble and control a ball, put two sticks in the ground and ask him to put the ball through them and he is lost..he is a truly crap shooter (but then Blakey had that fault too alot of the time. Tabb must be given a chance on one side or the other.

This has been going on too long..since xmas like evryone says. It is time to go with Marek, stick with Marek, build what we do round him and combine some creativity with the hustle and bustle..we can have a bit of both...what we have at the moment just looks ugly...

we need to be able to vary our shape to counter three in midfield against two..we are too predictable..

and Bikey can pass to so if we leak goals again please make a change there SC..

and what has Noel done to deserve to be dropped..the goal drought has seen Leroy's last chance IMO.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 22 Feb 2009 13:52

Schards#2 I would love to see Murty back, firstly, because he's a leader, a Reading hero and will die for the shirt, secondly, because IMHO Rosenior is utter gash.

I would go along with that, but I disagree that Rosenior is "utter gash". Earlier in the season he was superb but his form has fallen through the floor and at the moment he has no pressure on his place. Bring Murty back and start him next week and that will give Rosenior a huge kick up the backside.

Other changes for me are:

Harper and Cisse out. Gunnarsson and Matejovsky in.

Lita out. NHunt in.

It's harsh on Lita as he has not been playing badly but he just can't play with Doyle.

If I was being even more brutal I would also drop Pearce and bring Bikey back, drop SHunt and replace him with Tabb and drop Federici who I thought could have done better with both goals yesterday (he didn't come for the ball on either goal) and bring Hahneman back.

Tutti Frutti

by Tutti Frutti » 22 Feb 2009 13:56

Bring Murty back for leadership's sake. Bring Marcus in, simply because him and fed are much of a muchness in goal, but Feds good kicking is encourging the long ball. Tabb and Bikey in, kebe and Harper out so Rosey can play on the wing. Play Marek off Doyle against any team that is trying to pull the 3v2 trick (as Notts will). As said above, harsh on Lita who was a brighter spark yesterday, but can't play with Doyle. You then end up with:

Marcus
Murts
Armstrong
Bikey
Doobs
Rosenior
Tabb
Cisse
SHunt
Matejovsky
Doyle
--
Fed
Pearce
Harper
NHunt
Lita

And get Henry back from Milwall asap.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 22 Feb 2009 14:17

It really does tickle me that people are still clamouring for Harper to remain involved. CISSE does all the work in the midfield, if you drop him and partner the wardancing crab with Matejovsky then you'll see us overrun every more than we already are because Matejovsky is only slightly stronger than Harper and Cisse is the main source of strength. Going forward is where Matejovsky is the best at the club, so a novel idea would be to get Cisse to drop back and play defensively where he is best, can tackle and pass the simple ball on for others like Matejovsky to create.

Federici

Armstrong
Pearce
Bikey
Rosenior

Tabb
Cisse
Matejovsky
Kebe

Doyle
N Hunt

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

by tomrfcurz » 22 Feb 2009 15:40

Hopefully:

GK - Federici
DR - Rosenior
DC - Bikey
DC - Duberry
DL - Armstrong
MR - Tabb
MC - Matejovsky
MC - Cisse
ML - S. Hunt
ST - Lita
ST - N. Hunt

tomrfcurz
Hob Nob Regular

Coppell's "Changes" = 1 or 2

by tomrfcurz » 22 Feb 2009 15:44

I'm fed up of a truly awful performance by the starting 11 and then SC promising changes. These so called changes should consist of a more wholesale change with 4,5 even 6 changes made from a shocking 11 that started against BC yesterday. Coppell in the past has promised changes like he's promised after the game but then only changed a few players and more likely just one. I believe he may have done this against Cardiff once but don't hold me on that. Just after a performance like that "changes" should really mean:

FIGHT FOR YOUR PLACE BOYS OR JUST FCUK OFF

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 22 Feb 2009 15:50

If there is one change that certainly should be made it is to replace Duberry with Bikey. Yesterday Duberry allowed Adebola to get behind him to score the first and he gifted City the second by heading the ball directly down to the incoming City winger. He has had some shocking performances of late and is being caught out of position time and time again. Otherwise we are fine defensively and only need to add a spark of creativity in midfield by dropping Harper and Cisse and playing Marek and Tabb.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Coppell's "Changes" = 1 or 2

by SteveRoyal » 22 Feb 2009 15:53

Have you just watched the replay of the game?
You haven't calmed down since the game at all, have you?
I agree with your sentiments, though.

glass half full
Hob Nob Regular
Location: If you see someone without a smile..... give him one of yours!

by glass half full » 22 Feb 2009 15:54

Maybe he should imagine that the next game is a League Cup game.....

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 22 Feb 2009 15:54

We do not need wholesale changes. If it were not for Duberry we would have drawn o-o yesterday. Duberry allowed Adebola to get behind him to score the first and he gifted City the second by heading the ball directly down to the incoming City winger.We need to replace him with Bikey. Otherwise we are fine defensively and only need to add a spark of creativity in midfield by dropping Harper and Cisse and playing Marek and Tabb.

Tilehurst End

by Tilehurst End » 22 Feb 2009 16:05

Glad to see others have picked up on the Bikey theme. Although the front 6 have been bearing the brunt of the critism over recent weeks I believe we look a better side with Bikey at the back, despite his occasional lapse, and he plays with that air of confidence that seems to spread through the side. It would also increase our threat from free kicks and corners.

That said would also bring in Marek, Tabb and Noel for Harper, Kebe and Leroy.

zummerset

by zummerset » 22 Feb 2009 16:11

1. Feds (kicking the long ball does need rationing though)
2. Rosy (better performance shades Murty but either would be good)
3.Cisse (imo a defender)
4. Pearce
5. Armstrong
6. Bikey (welcome back brother - just in front of back 4)
7. Shunt (left midfield)
8. Marek (sorry Harps but we ain't scoring)
9 Tabby (right midfield)
10. A big hard centre forward that we don't have so -Doyle
11. Noel (the boy is lucky)

Subs

Marcus
Lita
Gunnarson
Doobs
Harps

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 22 Feb 2009 16:35

North Somerset Royal We do not need wholesale changes. If it were not for Duberry we would have drawn o-o yesterday. Duberry allowed Adebola to get behind him to score the first and he gifted City the second by heading the ball directly down to the incoming City winger.

And what about the player who let the City winger sneak in completely unmarked? Is he not even more responsible for the goal?

Doobs also saved us on plenty of occasions yesterday. Bigger questions should be asked of how well our wide midfielders perform their defensive duties (and on yesterday's performance how well they perform their attacking duties too!).