Out of contract players

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Out of contract players

by Deathy » 15 May 2009 11:27

mx
Does anyone know whether Ben Hamer is out of contract? I'm guessing he'll stay at Brentford anyway rather than come back and be understudy to Federici & Anderson.

Anderson signed a new deal recently and added that he was assured he would be in contention for the no.1 shirt in that time. Obviously that's all change now, but maybe for the better. If he impresses the new management and Hahnemann does move on, good luck to him! A.Fed is far from convincing, so Hamer and Anders have all to play for this summer!

Dawn

by Dawn » 15 May 2009 11:35

Deathy
mx
Does anyone know whether Ben Hamer is out of contract? I'm guessing he'll stay at Brentford anyway rather than come back and be understudy to Federici & Anderson.

Anderson signed a new deal recently and added that he was assured he would be in contention for the no.1 shirt in that time. Obviously that's all change now, but maybe for the better. If he impresses the new management and Hahnemann does move on, good luck to him! A.Fed is far from convincing, so Hamer and Anders have all to play for this summer!

Hamer has been offered a new contract but he hasn't signed it yet

http://www.rivals.net/news/pgarticle.aspx?artid=13730_5321678&id=13

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 15 May 2009 12:16

Director Of Football Nick Hammond is making decisions on the future of a number of out-of-contract players.

The likes of Graeme Murty, Marcus Hahnemann, Leroy Lita, Brynjar Gunnarsson and Michael Duberry are all at the end of their contracts with the Club, and Nick will meet with each of the players over the coming days.

Nick said, "I had a conversation with the board on Wednesday and there are a number of players out of contract so I will deal with those over the next few days.

"I've been here a long time and worked very closely with Steve Coppell over his five-and-a-half years here so the board are comfortable that I'm in a position to make those decisions. I've been with the players every day.

"It's a question of timing and in order to be fair with those players we need to speak to them as soon as we can."

Shaka's Giant Hands

by Shaka's Giant Hands » 15 May 2009 12:22

Hearing that Duberry is out of contract is the best news I've heard for a while...it at least gives me hope that he will be leaving!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 May 2009 12:28

So:

Murty
Hahnemann
Lita
Duberry
Gunnarsson

There must be more!? Ingimarsson? I think we could probably afford to lose all of them, although it would be sad to see some go.

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 15 May 2009 12:30

It will be sad to see them go but the club moves on, players move on.

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 15 May 2009 12:31

A lot of the youngsters must be out of contract too, not sure which ones though.

Doesn't Strap or Cube have definitive list for us?

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 15 May 2009 12:39

After reading about doyles comments in the EP why should he go? I mean he doesnt say anything saying that he is actively seeking a move so why push it?

I think we should spend as much effort in keeping him in as much as actively finding someone to take s.hunt

doyle and n.hunt to score the goals for promotion next year!

Rex
Hob Nob Addict

by Rex » 15 May 2009 12:48

Hopefully whatever it is that completely screwed the season gone will finally be sorted out. What ever it was behind the scenes which caused such a breakdown in confidence / performance , lets hope that influence will have been shipped out, or the issues resolved.
Perhaps we will never get to the bottom of this as supporters and it is kept internally. Maybe a few who leave will shoot their mouths off.
Despite his performance (goals) i would stil like to see Doyle in the side.

If Shunt wants premiership but the clause in his contract is not met - lets hope we do not have a player festering at this club on high wages who doesn't want to be here.

Y25

by Y25 » 15 May 2009 12:52

Graeme Murty, Marcus Hahnemann, Leroy Lita, Brynjar Gunnarsson and Michael Duberry are all at the end of their contracts with the Club.

I would let them all go. We need to move on.

Royal Rother
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Rother » 15 May 2009 12:59

I am sure sentiment will play no part in the decision making process.

shaka's shorts

by shaka's shorts » 15 May 2009 13:17

I think many of the youth players have signed recently e.g. Bignall, Henry, Karacan, Pearce, Robson-Kanu. May well lose some of the other fringe players: Sodje, Golbourne, Scott Davies, Bennett, Bozanic, Spence. Players on loan in Div 2 and Conference, or who aren't even getting games at their loaned clubs, are too far from the first team to warrant staying. We have enough young talent & I'd be focusing on:

Anderson, Hamer
Kelly, Pearce, Kamdjo
Siggurdson, Karacan, Henry, Antonio, Walcott
Church, Baggie, Robson-Kanu

Anyone outside that is unlikely to be anywhere near the first team in the next few years (anyone I missed?).

Of the older players - all 5 out of contracts can go as far as I am concerned. Doobs, Gunn, USA, Murts, Lita - although a case can be made for Gunn (1 year) and a new manager may just fancy having Lita around. I'd love to keep Murts, but he is much more likely to be valued by a Norwich/Southampton/Charlton/Peterborough/Millwall type of club - assistant to Parky maybe?

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 15 May 2009 13:19

Royal Rother I am sure sentiment will play no part in the decision making process.
It'll be down to what the club needs in terms of players and also the salary the out of contract players may be willing to take in order to stay.

If money wasn't a factor then keeping these players > letting them go, however keeping will likely eat up funds that could be better used elsewhere.