New Signings ?

773 posts
MalcybabyRFC

Re: New Signings ?

by MalcybabyRFC » 09 Jun 2009 10:43

bottom left hand corner
MalcybabyRFC Just read on the London Metro today David Moyles and the Everton gang are planning a £10 million swoop for both SHunt & Doyle :|
Its like they say.. he gives with one but takes with the other!

Its the first transfer news ive heard regarding our existing players so far

It was on bbc gossip yesterday that everton was planning to bid for doyle and hunt but i think it was 7m for the pair

7m thats even worse - SHunt has a £5 million clause in his contract that needs to be fulfilled before he can leave. That means they are looking to take our top goal scorer for £2m :evil: :o :cry: :idea:

The 17 Bus
Hob Nob Regular

by The 17 Bus » 09 Jun 2009 10:46

MalcybabyRFC
bottom left hand corner
MalcybabyRFC Just read on the London Metro today David Moyles and the Everton gang are planning a £10 million swoop for both SHunt & Doyle :|

It was on bbc gossip yesterday that everton was planning to bid for doyle and hunt but i think it was 7m for the pair

7m thats even worse - SHunt has a £5 million clause in his contract that needs to be fulfilled before he can leave. That means they are looking to take our top goal scorer for £2m :evil: :o :cry: :idea:

we can sell for what we like tho, Hunt for £5m would be robbery now

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 09 Jun 2009 11:13

RFCMod Andrew Surman after all the bloody seasons of nearly signing him
Especially seeing Sheff Utd want him now

Would be a good signing but i think we will be too late going in for him!! I am certain he would choose usn over sheff utd

IMAMATEOFJOVSKY

by IMAMATEOFJOVSKY » 09 Jun 2009 11:42

From what Ive heard, from someone who provides insurance plans for some of the players at Southampton, Surman is a bit of a homing pigeon or the "second coming of Joey Beauchamp" - he would also like to wait and see if Matt Le Tiss and the consortium manage to secure the club, because if they did, he would like to stay...loyalty or lack of ambition???

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 09 Jun 2009 12:00

MalcybabyRFC
Harry Carry
rhroyal Hope Rodgers goes for Harding on a free.

It's good to see Reading aspiring to these types of players. :lol:

Yes its good to see us looking around but I believe we just arent ambitious enough. On the market there are many, many great players who could potentially come to the Royals on loan with potentially a view to perm after. You see the likes of Freddie Sear going to Sheff Wed or Palace???? and think why the hell havent we put out name forward to take him what a fantastic talent. What about Jason Scotland - Reading are a bigger club with what I believe are better opportunities and lets face it if Doyle goes, can we really rely on Long & NHunt to fire us forward into the prem?????.

We may also have a GK problem soon and rumour has it City are looking to send young Joe Hart to the championship for a year to give him the regular footie he requires. Now if I know that then the RFC staff def do!!!!

We just dont put our name into the pot for better things. Yes Harding is a good player but hardly top 3 quality shouldnt we want more (No-one would have ever heard of Harding before he came to us)??
I believe we have become too used to getting lucky with the likes of Hunt, Doyle, Kitson, Sidwell on the cheap and the Mad man must think why bother spending the money when we havent needed to in the past. My point is that that was what coppell SSC was good at (e.g. Ian Wright etc) however he is gone and my fear is that we will still try the same old same old to our peril.

Sorry to be negative but the facts dont lie!!!
Harding had a great 5 games or so and will not provide cover to Armstrong but solid competition for the shirt. When there's a player like that available on a free who is already familiar with the club it makes perfect sense to sign him. You say Jason Scotland, Joe Hart and Freddie Sears. Where's your high profile left back? We need to 2, you're taking your chances if you only have one left back all season. As for Freddie Sears, 2 lower half sides are after him. You don't hear Sheff Utd, WBA, Cardiff, Ipswich and other 'ambitious' clubs linked with him. Maybe they know that he scored on his debut and really hasn't been that good since. Hart - get your head out of the clouds. If he goes on loan anywhere it will be to a lower Premiership team.

Low profile signings have got this club a long way under Coppell. High profile signings on the other hand......Lita had his moments, Seol started well. Less said about Halford and Fae the better. Saying that under Pardew a lot of our signings were considered high profile at the time and that worked, so it's just whatever suits each manager better. We'll see who Rodgers goes after.

Doyler

by Doyler » 09 Jun 2009 12:13

LoyalRoyalFan
leww_rfc Maybe some Swansea players now that Martinez has left?

Mark Gower.
Add to that any of these: Jason Scotland, Ferrie Bodde, Jordi Gomez

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 09 Jun 2009 12:17

Doyler
LoyalRoyalFan

Mark Gower.

yeah! http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 088165.stm they all proved that there good enough in this division, id be happy for any of the main ones on the way out of there to come here :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jun 2009 12:24

MalcybabyRFC
bottom left hand corner

If we hold on for the clause (assuming it's still there as I believe he signed a new deal) we will never see him leave. He is not worth half that amount.

Coppell's Right Footed 11

by Coppell's Right Footed 11 » 09 Jun 2009 13:16

Ross Wallace off Cash-strapped Preston please!

Harry Carry

by Harry Carry » 09 Jun 2009 14:00

Craig Makail-Smith would be a good signing for you, and Aaron Mclean.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 09 Jun 2009 16:35

Aron Ramsay on loan

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 09 Jun 2009 16:41

Barry the bird boggler Aron Ramsay on loan

he'd perform awesome with Church, as they both did in Wales' qualifier with Azerbaijan :wink:

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 09 Jun 2009 17:01

:lol: He can do so much better.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 09 Jun 2009 17:09

rhroyal
MalcybabyRFC
We just dont put our name into the pot for better things. Yes Harding is a good player but hardly top 3 quality shouldnt we want more (No-one would have ever heard of Harding before he came to us)??

Harding had a great 5 games or so and will not provide cover to Armstrong but solid competition for the shirt. When there's a player like that available on a free who is already familiar with the club it makes perfect sense to sign him.

Whilst I don't agree with Malcy, I'd have to argue with Harding having 5 "great" games. He was ok at best against Norwich and pretty poor against B'ham. As demonstrated by being subbed fairly early on. Saying that he looked very handy against Burnley from what I saw.

I wasn't keen on getting him before, but I'm coming round. He's a good and fairly safe non-expensive bet for a covering left back. We can even play him on the right in the reservces to see if he can be a utility fullback.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Jun 2009 01:38

Doyler
LoyalRoyalFan

Mark Gower.

ferrie bodde will move to wigan especially if they are loosing scharner and valencia

cmonurz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by cmonurz » 10 Jun 2009 01:49

rhroyal

:lol: He can do so much better.

I don't think that suggestion is so laughable to be honest. Ramsay isn't good enough or experienced enough to go on loan to another Premier League side, and is probably at least a full season away from getting even semi-regular starts at Arsenal, when his team-mates are all fit.

A top half Championship side could be where Ramsay plays most of his football next season.

Handsome Man
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Practically Rock Paper Scissors Champion of the World

by Handsome Man » 10 Jun 2009 08:19

MalcybabyRFC
bottom left hand corner

We can still let him go for less. I'd be happy with that.

£7 million for both sounds a touch on the low side, but it is not as if the money is coming to me and you. It just get's swallowed up keeing us solvent and then there will be £1 million to buy replacements.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 10 Jun 2009 10:12

Although I've always admired him I'm a little worried we're interested in signing 36 year old Tommy Smith from Watford.

Would this mean the start of an influx of Watford players? :roll:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 10 Jun 2009 10:18

Gordons Cumming Although I've always admired him I'm a little worried we're interested in signing 36 year old Tommy Smith from Watford.

He's 29, and was statistically the best midfielder in the championship last season.

Not sure there is any reason to be worried GC.

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 10 Jun 2009 10:21

winchester_royal
Gordons Cumming Although I've always admired him I'm a little worried we're interested in signing 36 year old Tommy Smith from Watford.

He's 29, and was statistically the best midfielder in the championship last season.

Not sure there is any reason to be worried GC.

Ooppss! I misread the article. Rodgers is 36! :oops: :shock: I'm now not worried at all now, but quite pleased if we get him.

773 posts