Play Against the Legends !!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Play Against the Legends !!

by Ian Royal » 02 Jul 2009 12:21

Didcot Southbanker Sorry for the lack of info re the match , i am just waiting to confirm the legends team , however i can tell you that the package will include the following,

Two free tickets per player.
Match shirt , including name and number , date of game ect
14 min game at half time across the pitch
Team line ups , pen pics ect in the programm.
Player bar tickets after the game which will include food !

At the moment it really depends on what legends can play.

Blimey that's a lot for what the early cost indications are. I presume you're looking at Legends donating their time and effort free of charge?

Is this actually going ahead and it's a case of confirming who's playing, because 6 people at £120 each is only going to be £720 quid total, which doesn't seem a lot to be going to the recipients given what's happening.

Not that that's a complaint. I'm juyst a little cynical it'll actually happen.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 02 Jul 2009 13:33

Ian Royal
Didcot Southbanker Sorry for the lack of info re the match , i am just waiting to confirm the legends team , however i can tell you that the package will include the following,

Two free tickets per player.
Match shirt , including name and number , date of game ect
14 min game at half time across the pitch
Team line ups , pen pics ect in the programm.
Player bar tickets after the game which will include food !

At the moment it really depends on what legends can play.

Blimey that's a lot for what the early cost indications are. I presume you're looking at Legends donating their time and effort free of charge?

Is this actually going ahead and it's a case of confirming who's playing, because 6 people at £120 each is only going to be £720 quid total, which doesn't seem a lot to be going to the recipients given what's happening.

Not that that's a complaint. I'm juyst a little cynical it'll actually happen.

There are next to no overheads in that little lot and if any of the legends demand a fee then they need shooting ! Isuspect we're not talking legends at the level of Doyle or Kitson here - more like guys who still live locally and have proper jobs now and would be happy to give a littl ebit of time for a fun event.

Best of luck with it, how about arranging a blanket collection round the ground while the game is going on to collect a bit more cash - could rasie a few hundred quid of you get the PA announcer to push it and a couple of pretty young ladies to carry the blanket !

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Jul 2009 17:10

I was more expecting the likes of Senior and Gooding anyway...

erwin

by erwin » 02 Jul 2009 22:07

Blimey ... I'd jump at the chance of this if I were in England. It would have to be against the likes of Gordon Neate, though.

Didcot Southbanker

by Didcot Southbanker » 04 Jul 2009 10:56

We dont want to make millions of pounds we just want to add a little extra in the pot for the club and murts , no legend will be charging a fee and it will be last years kit !

Didcot Southbanker

by Didcot Southbanker » 07 Jul 2009 23:07

Bad news im afraid , due to legend availibilty this match will not be going ahead. i dont want to go into too much of who confirmed and who didnt but at this stage it was not going to happen with the timescales.
however i have discussed the possibilty of a full 11 a side game for fans against a legends team which has been agreed , i will be back with more info on that after in the future.

Thanks to all intrested and if the above takes place i will be sure to get in touch with yourselves first.

Enjoy the game at didcot and those that know me pop and say hello on the evening and we can discuss further then.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Jul 2009 23:15

I can't say I'm massively surprised. Did seem a bit last minute, unlikely and tentative, but bloody good job for giving it a crack and good luck for getting something off the ground in the future.