RTG

howser
Hob Nob Regular

Re: RTG

by howser » 17 Sep 2009 08:19

I will agree to a point Scaface, but he is trying to put a team together with a formation that suits, it must be very rare for a new man to come in and be expected to create a completely new team, it will take sometime, but I for one thinks that he will do ok, although sadly I expect he will regret taking this "poison Challice" of a job.

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 17 Sep 2009 08:20

howser I will agree to a point Scaface, but he is trying to put a team together with a formation that suits, it must be very rare for a new man to come in and be expected to create a completely new team, it will take sometime, but I for one thinks that he will do ok, although sadly I expect he will regret taking this "poison Challice" of a job.

WARNING: SENSIBLE POST ALERT

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 17 Sep 2009 08:20

sandman
clauski
sandman Did he say "This was good experience for our young players" as well?

Well he did say we had 5 players under the age of 21 - like this is forced upon him or is a reasonable excuse for losing a game. Why try and garner sympathy rather than just deal with it and if that many young players means we lose then don't play so many young players!

Don't forget that big bad Madejski is the one that forced him to play them by not providing enough money to get any of the players he wanted in. :wink:

You may take the p*ss but that is exactly what happened. Rodgers wanted Smith but Madjeski, as usual, wanted to buck the economics of football single-handedly and do it on the cheap. As a consequence we end up with the donkey Rasiak! 'Good in the air'?! The only time he won anything in the air last night was when he was using a defender as a step ladder! :evil:

The sooner Madejski realises he won't be able to sell our club for the fortune he desires, gets real and fulfills his ambition to get out, the better.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 17 Sep 2009 08:27

RoyalBlue The sooner Madejski realises he won't be able to sell his club for the fortune he desires, gets real and fulfills his ambition to get out, the better.

Corrected for you.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 17 Sep 2009 10:16

"we were fantastic", "some of our play is outstanding",

i agree, rodgers mouth is annoying sometimes
but i agree 100% with those comments

AF1
Hob Nob Regular
Location: Ya got guns, got guns too, what up son, do you wanna battle for cash and see who Sun Tzu?

by AF1 » 17 Sep 2009 10:31

clauski Rose Tinted Glasses = Rodgers Talks Garbage.

ALOL, simply brilliant :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 17 Sep 2009 10:36

Archie's penalty
It's the round thing I much prefer hearing Rogers talk positively and noting the bright spots then the dear in the headlights of Coppell at the end of last with no answers and no ideas. The points would have been great, but there's a difference between losing while playing with heart and simply throwing your hands up.

Tbh you may be right. By the end of the season Copps really didn't know what he was doing.

Rodgers is a young guy, he will learn. I wonder if Watford fans had similar things to say about him at the beginning?

Yes they did. Rodger's time there started pretty poorly, culminating in a 4-2 defeat at home to Bristol City after which Graham Taylor apparently had a word with him about his formation and the benefits of playing two up front. Their results didn't improve for a month after that, but after their 4-0 defeat against us they won 8 of their next 9.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 17 Sep 2009 10:43

Ideal Rodgers is full of shit, he big ups himself and the style of play only to fail miserably over and over again, and nobody can deny that - for it is the truth. It is just pathetic the way he is going on about everything being great and fantastic, players super, etc, when clearly pretty much nothing is working out.

I also think it speaks volumes of the state of things when certain users just resort to simple namecalling, twat, prick, cock and all that, rather than make debate. Those users are not worthy of engaging in discussion, and hope clauski is not put off by this namecalling. Funnily enough the very same users sprint to the rescue whenever someone criticises their lovechild Brendan Rodgers, and act all offended when the slightest slur is directed at Mr. Rodgers. I was slated for calling him a joke, but apparently it is OK for them to call other users cock, prick and twat. I think they should stop disgracing themselves and stop the namecalling.

Sack Brendan Rodgers, the sooner the better.

I swear you were quite a decent poster up until a couple of months ago.

Now you're just the forum clown.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 17 Sep 2009 10:56

winchester_royal
Ideal Rodgers is full of shit, he big ups himself and the style of play only to fail miserably over and over again, and nobody can deny that - for it is the truth. It is just pathetic the way he is going on about everything being great and fantastic, players super, etc, when clearly pretty much nothing is working out.

I also think it speaks volumes of the state of things when certain users just resort to simple namecalling, twat, prick, cock and all that, rather than make debate. Those users are not worthy of engaging in discussion, and hope clauski is not put off by this namecalling. Funnily enough the very same users sprint to the rescue whenever someone criticises their lovechild Brendan Rodgers, and act all offended when the slightest slur is directed at Mr. Rodgers. I was slated for calling him a joke, but apparently it is OK for them to call other users cock, prick and twat. I think they should stop disgracing themselves and stop the namecalling.

Sack Brendan Rodgers, the sooner the better.

I swear you were quite a decent poster up until a couple of months ago.

Now you're just the forum clown.
The 2 opposite extremes in opinion ^^^^^

I'm more with W_R's opinion but not quite to the same extent.

Ryn

by Ryn » 17 Sep 2009 10:59

Dirk Gently
RoyalBlue The sooner Madejski realises he won't be able to sell his club for the fortune he desires, gets real and fulfills his ambition to get out, the better.

Corrected for you.

It will be worth even less in League 1.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 17 Sep 2009 11:01

Ryn
Dirk Gently

Corrected for you.

It will be worth even less in League 1.

True, but irrelevant!

AbovetheI
Hob Nob Regular

by AbovetheI » 17 Sep 2009 11:14

PardewsLoveChild
clauski Rose Tinted Glasses = Rodgers Talks Garbage.

I'm fast getting fed up of listening to Rodgers post-match interviews as to hear him talk you would think we are excellent, when in reality we have just 6 points and have only scored in 2 out of 7 games.

So today, "we were fantastic", "some of our play is outstanding", "the performances have been strong", etc. Come off it. Positivity is one thing but pretence is another.

And once again the line that we have played the top teams and "been right up there" - ha! We got stuffed 3-0 by Newcastle and are yet to play Boro and West Brom - the only 3 real top teams this year. If you include Cardiff and Sheff Utd in his proclamation we've still lost to all 3 of those and failed to beat 3 other mediocre teams.

So Brendan, do you really believe this or are you just trying to make us feel better?

Do you know what,it's Twats like you that really fcuk me off about the support of this club............Tonight i was the driver of the first 79 bus to leave the ground after the match,tell me,you wern't the little prick in the dark blue top who was first on the bus giving it large and was saying (in a dumb homer simpson voice) "I've lost my ticket,i got no money to get back,we were shit,Rodgers out,Madjeski can fcuk off,Hammond's a cnut,wot a load of crap,blah,blah,blah...." cause if you was or if not and the prick is reading this,PLEASE do me a favour and fcuk off and support Poxford or Swindle,it's pricks like you and the rest of the knob heads on this board that are really frustating me the most at the moment.Tonight we played well,we were unlucky,i'm not saying everything is rosey and mistakes have been made,Cardiff had a 5 million pound striker out there tonight in Chropa which everything stuck to,his first touch was class,while weve got a 300 grand donkey called Rasiak who was caught offside more times than Nicky Forster ever was,can't trap a greyhound let alone a ball,sorry guys but he is shit !!!!!!!!!!

What i'm trying to say is most of you pricks have been spoilt !!!! You've seen us in a nice ground,in the premiership playing Man Utd and Liverpool and can't remember us playing Rochdale and Lincoln.FFS be patient,this is a totally new team with a new manager who needs time and support.I said at the start of the season i wanted to see potential(sp!!!) and i see it all over the pitch.I'm not saying people can't critise(sp!!!)I can be the biggest critic you've ever heard but FFS....were only 7 games in ...

I know i'm gonna get slaughterd by some of you on here,to be honest,i could'nt give a fcuk !!!!! But i won't sit behind a keyboard hideing behind a false name jerking myself off,i will be driving the 79's next home game,the big silver one's,i've got blond hair and wear glasses and my name's Simon so if you wanna comment on my post please feel free to come and have a chat.

We have only scored in 2 out of 7 games.

1. Take off your RTG's
2. Pull your bus over for a minute
3. Tell me the above stat doesn't worry you.

I admire your positivity, but jeez you don't half look stupid.

HolyBadger

by HolyBadger » 17 Sep 2009 11:16

To be honest, it annoys me with what he comes out with, but he's completely true about the Cardiff game. We were ontop all game, some of our play was outstanding. I don't agree with the luck thing, I don't think we were unlucky at all, I think we just wern't clinical.

clauski

by clauski » 17 Sep 2009 11:34

howser I will agree to a point Scaface, but he is trying to put a team together with a formation that suits

And unfortunately that's where I think he's currently going wrong - he's using a system that doesn't suit. We showed 4 years ago that traditional 4-4-2 was the best way EVER to win the Championship. Last year Wolves were clearly the best team, with a traditional 4-4-2. I'm sure you'll find that historically this will also be the case.

Now just as Coppell and McCarthy each said once in the Premier League you have to be more tactical. Rodgers is thinking as if he is in the Premier League (fair enough, most of his experience has been in the backroom of Chelsea), but he fast needs to understand that won't work here and now. Particularly if he has already been told this once last year at Watford and had to change his beliefs slightly to bring success.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 17 Sep 2009 12:10

If there are such things as "Rose Tinted Glasses", then the majority of fans on HNA? must have "Black Tinted Glasses". Even if it's tongue-in-cheek, it's annoying to read.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 17 Sep 2009 12:14

clauski
howser I will agree to a point Scaface, but he is trying to put a team together with a formation that suits

And unfortunately that's where I think he's currently going wrong - he's using a system that doesn't suit. We showed 4 years ago that traditional 4-4-2 was the best way EVER to win the Championship. Last year Wolves were clearly the best team, with a traditional 4-4-2. I'm sure you'll find that historically this will also be the case.

Now just as Coppell and McCarthy each said once in the Premier League you have to be more tactical. Rodgers is thinking as if he is in the Premier League (fair enough, most of his experience has been in the backroom of Chelsea), but he fast needs to understand that won't work here and now. Particularly if he has already been told this once last year at Watford and had to change his beliefs slightly to bring success.

True to a point, but the problem is that an attacking 4-4-2 can be completely shut down by a defensive 4-5-1 which overruns you in midlfield.

BR's 4-5-1 (well, really it's a 4-2-3-1) depends on the wingers getting forward so while it's 4-5-1 in defence it becomes 4-3-3 in attack, and that's what isn't really happening.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 17 Sep 2009 12:22

clauski

End of the day a system will only work if you've got the players to work it. For the first time last night we actually looked like we were playing a shape that suited the players picked. A midfield diamond which requires good technical players with a combative defensive player at its core and enabled us to actually play with 2 strikers. The only issue we had really was that it needs the full-backs to provide width which one can & did and the other (who has been here barely a fortnight) seemed reluctant to do. There was plenty of positive play yesterday and chances created. In my view we need to settle on a style for at least a short period rather than chopping and changing every game.

Rodgers has used 24 players in just 7 League games so far. Thats complete madness really regardless of what style you want to play.

holsgrove breaks a leg

by holsgrove breaks a leg » 17 Sep 2009 13:24

Vision
clauski

End of the day a system will only work if you've got the players to work it. For the first time last night we actually looked like we were playing a shape that suited the players picked. A midfield diamond which requires good technical players with a combative defensive player at its core and enabled us to actually play with 2 strikers. The only issue we had really was that it needs the full-backs to provide width which one can & did and the other (who has been here barely a fortnight) seemed reluctant to do. There was plenty of positive play yesterday and chances created. In my view we need to settle on a style for at least a short period rather than chopping and changing every game.

Rodgers has used 24 players in just 7 League games so far. Thats complete madness really regardless of what style you want to play

Exactly, it is madness but as a result he will find it hard to get any cohesion within our squad if he continues in this vein. Its all well and good having everyone together on the training ground but nothing beats the communication and relationship that comes during matchday and of a 46 game season. Tommy Burns and Bullivant floundered with a squad full of too many (bad!) choices and the introduction of Pards and Coppell saw ultimate success as they quickly set about shaping the spine of the team and trimmed down the squad based on this.

We currently have an over abundance of midfielders who Rodgers cannot yet decide (after 3months at the helm) provide the most effective formula and the striker problem is well documented.Our current squad is still a competitive one which should finish comftably in the championship, however my frustrations lay with the different formulas Rodgers utilises which means different players are readily used. World class sides like Chelsea and liverpool can get away with revolving the team as they have such strength in depth, we unfortunately have a whole new team and fairly inexperienced one to boot. Im not completely against tinkering the side but what BR must learn quickly is sticking to his guns with the midefield and striker positions that he wishes to include in his team sheet every week so as to have some continuity in our performances.

Still Hate Futcher!

by Still Hate Futcher! » 17 Sep 2009 13:43

AbovetheI We have only scored in 2 out of 7 games.

We have also only scored 4 goals in our last dozen home games which suggests this is a problem Rodgers has inherited rather than created.

As an RTG the current form is really hard to take because I'm getting angry at the lack of goals/positive results yet have nobody to direct it at. Still, I'd rather have that than the STG approach of aimlessly ranting at everyone from Rodgers, Hammond, Madejski to the new players who are 'worse than Sean Evers' (to quote one poster on another thread) after 2 indifferent performances. Its sad but an awful lot of people just aren't happy unless they have something to be outraged about.

As for Rodgers' bullshit/positive spin, yes it does get a bit tiresome but ffs what do you expect. Better to build the players confidence than publicly slate them. We are a work in progress and after too many lacklustere performances the second half last night suggested we are perhaps heading in the right direction. Just give them time. I'll be seriously pissed off if we become one of those clubs that sacks their manager every 10 games then moans about the lack of progress. If that's what people want then I suggest they fcuk off to Loftus Road!

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 17 Sep 2009 13:46

Do you think the ground is cursed or something?? How can Rodgers have inherited the fact we haven't scored many goals this season, when there's hardly any players left from last season. I'd understand it, if he had the same players.