Coppell was right

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

Re: Coppell was right

by RoyalBlue » 10 Oct 2009 09:11

Sun Tzu Mmm

1. Fed has been pretty consistent this season. Couple of mistakes over 10 games. I'd say we've seen more a less a straight swap of keepers in terms of their abilty.

2. Of the youngsters most have not played anywhere near enough games to judge whether they are of Championship quality. Some will be, some won't. It's hardly a revelation !

3. Coppell didn't resign which I guess knocks the suffing out of the arguement anyway !

Pretty easy to resurrect it though isn't it!

He decided not to stay with the club, despite the fact that the Chairman wanted him to.

Could well be he knew (indeed, he must have done because JM had such an open relationship with him) what was coming and didn't fancy trying to tackle a task even more difficult than that he was presented with first time around.

'Needed a break' - I bet he did.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 10 Oct 2009 09:24

RoyalBlue
Sun Tzu
3. Coppell didn't resign which I guess knocks the suffing out of the arguement anyway !

Pretty easy to resurrect it though isn't it!

He decided not to stay with the club, despite the fact that the Chairman wanted him to.

Could well be he knew (indeed, he must have done because JM had such an open relationship with him) what was coming and didn't fancy trying to tackle a task even more difficult than that he was presented with first time around.

'Needed a break' - I bet he did.

That's fine, you take things from your very personal perspective !

It seems pretty off the wall to claim that Coppell decided to refuse all efforts to get him to stay (if there were any, which is highly unlikley) because he didn't fancy working under difficult financial constraints. That's how he's operated all his career, it's how he works the best.

It seems pretty obvious to anyone taking an open minded view that Coppell and RFC parted because it was best for both parties. He was not the right man to take us on, and the chairman said the right things about him when they parted.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 10 Oct 2009 10:13

Terminal Boardom But if Brendan Rodgers turns out to be half as successful as Coppell, he will have done well.

He will be lucky if hes half as good as Terry the taxi

by 1960 » 10 Oct 2009 12:08

I can't believe that noboby has said this, so I will:

F*ck off newbie.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 10 Oct 2009 12:58

midfield diamond Last season some fans, including me, questioned why USA was reinstated to the team after injury, rather than giving Fed an extended run. Also with the senior players not performing we wondered why SC didn't give the youngsters more of a chance.
Events this season have proven SC's decisions were correct. Fed's displays have been too inconsistent this season. USA was more reliable despite his sometime dodgy distribution. Pity we couldn't have kept him for another season. As for the academy players, apart from one or two exceptions, most are proving not of Championship standard.
Finally SC's best call was to resign having no doubt known that JM's budget cuts were in the offing rendering the managers job mission impossible.

In terms of the academy players, the performances they put in now dont relate to the performances they might have put in last season if given a go, not that many were being called for.

Coming into a team full of premiership experience and easily good enough to complete at the top of this division is a totally different prospect to playing in a side full of similary inexperienced youngsters

Henry and Karacan, with possibly Pearce alongside one of Doobs and Bikey, were the only likely options so I dont think the current performances, or lack them, from those in and around the squad this season proves coppell right or wrong in anyway at all :roll:

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 10 Oct 2009 13:36

Royalee Steve Coppell resigned because he'd realised he left us in the shit and didn't have the balls to sort his mess out. Nobody has taken him on since.
Steve Coppell stated that he wanted a break from football, he's done it before and has done it again. If he announced he was wanting to return to football I suspect he'll be in with a shout at a number of clubs, however his past history suggests he is also fussy about which type of club he wants to work for.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 10 Oct 2009 14:25

I think Coppell left because he had failed and because he didn't know how to stop failing. He tried everything to turn the bad run round and none of it succeeded. All normal human beings would feel like giving up at that point.

Nobody on this board knew how to turn that run round either. Nobody's suggestions worked--from dropping Harper and then Hunt to bringing back Bikey. It was a conundrum: after all, we had players here like Kitson and Doyle who have shown since that they can still score in the prem: and even Hunt seems to be back to his old sharpness at Hull (though I expect him to lose his edge as usual later in the season). Coppell must have felt confused. He did the right thing to leave, and I have plenty of sympathy for him.

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 10 Oct 2009 15:04

facaldaqui I think Coppell left because he had failed and because he didn't know how to stop failing. He tried everything to turn the bad run round and none of it succeeded. All normal human beings would feel like giving up at that point.

Nobody on this board knew how to turn that run round either. Nobody's suggestions worked--from dropping Harper and then Hunt to bringing back Bikey. It was a conundrum: after all, we had players here like Kitson and Doyle who have shown since that they can still score in the prem: and even Hunt seems to be back to his old sharpness at Hull (though I expect him to lose his edge as usual later in the season). Coppell must have felt confused. He did the right thing to leave, and I have plenty of sympathy for him.

that because something behind the scenes is afectting the football on the picth.as to many players have not performed since january
Last edited by adamh4608 on 10 Oct 2009 17:36, edited 1 time in total.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 10 Oct 2009 16:46

Coppell is at the Wycombe game today :shock:

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 11 Oct 2009 14:11

ankeny Coppell is at the Wycombe game today :shock:

LOL, nothing would please me more than seeing him take that shower down to League 2.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Oct 2009 14:19

Royalee

LOL, nothing would please me more than seeing him take that shower down to League 2.

Idiot.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Oct 2009 14:21

Forbury Lion
Royalee Steve Coppell resigned because he'd realised he left us in the shit and didn't have the balls to sort his mess out. Nobody has taken him on since.
Steve Coppell stated that he wanted a break from football, he's done it before and has done it again. If he announced he was wanting to return to football I suspect he'll be in with a shout at a number of clubs, however his past history suggests he is also fussy about which type of club he wants to work for.

Yep, but of course a mong like Royalee will ignore the fact that Coppell is linked with pretty much every job outside the Prem, but has decided to relax and spend time with his family rather than get another job.

You wouldn't see Coppell say he only had thoughts for one job and then take another a couple of weeks later. He is probably the most honest person in football.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 11 Oct 2009 14:24

Ian Royal
Royalee

Idiot.

+1, I don't think this forum has ever seen the likes of Royalee before, he truly is unique.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 11 Oct 2009 14:33

I like Royalee. He makes me look rational.

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 11 Oct 2009 14:44

Royalee

royalee, i bet you were not slagging coppell down in the 05-06 season. and the 06-07 season you talk about Loyalty, where's your's

Smoking Kills Dancing Doe
Hob Nob Regular

by Smoking Kills Dancing Doe » 11 Oct 2009 15:20

A team strugling down the bottom of the league, not much money to play with, pretty low expectations.

Sounds like someones perfect job....

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 11 Oct 2009 15:22

adamh4608
Royalee

royalee, i bet you were not slagging coppell down in the 05-06 season. and the 06-07 season you talk about Loyalty, where's your's

Where was Coppell's? He upped and left as soon as things went against him and bottled it. He did the same at Brentford and Man City instead of showing them respect.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 11 Oct 2009 15:42

Royalee
adamh4608
Royalee LOL, nothing would please me more than seeing him take that shower down to League 2.

Where was Coppell's? He upped and left as soon as things went against him and bottled it. He did the same at Brentford and Man City instead of showing them respect.

What version of reality do you live in you deluded mental. You were calling for his head for years!

Things started going against Coppell two seasons ago you retarded halfwit. He stayed and nearly kept us up. He stayed and nearly took us back up. He saw out his contract and then he left at the best time for the club to have a renaissance. It's just a shame your oxf*rd hero came in and has done oxf*rd all to turn us around since.

adamh4608

by adamh4608 » 11 Oct 2009 15:47

[
[ royalee /Where was Coppell's? He upped and left as soon as things went against him and bottled it. He did the same at Brentford and Man City instead of showing them respect.

we all new that coppell was going to go if we had gone up, or stayed down. you seem to blame coppell for everything.if we had kept the core of players and added some youngsters with a good manager coming in we would be pushing at the top but the culb used it to have a big clear out and start again that not coppells falt.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 11 Oct 2009 16:01

Back on subject track, I don't see how he was right at all. He didn't play the youngsters much at the time as no doubt he was continuing to hold out too much loyalty to the likes of big time charlie's like SHunt. As much as I like Doyle I'm afraid that to say that the 'summer clear out' are all pretty much putting the effort in for their crust right now, something they couldn't do to at least repay their fans for the 2nd half of last season, less Bikey but he was not a liability for effort.

Our youngsters are performing well, sadly they are not led by enough quality experience on the field so I fear we are overlrelying on them. For me the most disappointing player this season has been Cummings and I think as soon as we plug that gap we'll have a much stronger side.