BLAME MADEJSKI !!!!!!

188 posts
Vision
Hob Nob Addict

Re: BLAME MADEJSKI !!!!!!

by Vision » 27 Oct 2009 10:40

rhroyal Rodgers has not had "nothing" to work with. Managers at Scunthorpe, Blackpool, Watford, Plymouth and Barnsley have had less. Swansea have lost their manager and all their best players, how much have they had to reinvest? How much are Palace spending? I heard Sheff Wed were facing hard times. Bristol City have hardly bought their into the top 6. I could go on.

The point is they are all above us, apart from Plymouth. Rodgers has spent £3-4million and has a decent wage structure, we should be competing with those teams. When looking at promotion you can realistically say that Mr. Mad needs to invest more to compete with the likes of West Brom, Boro, Newcastle, Sheff Utd, QPR etc. Although Coppell never spent as much in 1 summer as Rodgers did. He built his team over time.

I digress, the point is for simply staying in this league, nobody can shift the blame too much from Rodgers. Maybe he doesn't have the set up for the top 6 and promotion, but I can say with 100% absolute certainty that an accomplished manager at this level (not necessarily a really good or outstanding one) would keep us up without too much hassle.

If you're disappointed we're not pushing for a Premiership return, blame Madejski if you wish. If you're simply horrified by the idea of a return to League 1 after all our development over these past 8 years, the blame falls at Rodgers.

Spot on , but history tells me its a wasted effort as far as the OP is concerned.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 27 Oct 2009 19:42

Compo's Hat He's given Rodgers nearly £3 million already and we shouldn't be in this mess down in the bottom three. Madejski would do well to bite the bullet and save himself from trying to flog a League 1 club and quickly.

£3M! Big bloody deal!! And what is the value of quality players shipped out? And the numbers of them too? And the pitiful wage structure Rodgers now needs to work within when trying to sign players?

It's an age-old Japanese ritual as well-scripted as seppuku, the samurai's rite of suicide. Scandal shakes a major Japanese company. Its reputation is on the line. So its top executive announces he takes full responsibility for the misdeeds, even if he was unaware of them, and resigns.

Oh for a touch of Japanese culture at the Mad Stad!

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 27 Oct 2009 20:22

The silence from SJM is deafening.
I understand that he refused to give interviews to both BBCRB and SKY last night.

It would certainly be interesting to hear his views on our current predicament.

The longer the season goes on, the more I am feeling sorry for Brenda as it is becoming more and more evident that SJM is at fault for the current situation.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 27 Oct 2009 20:37

It all started going wrong as soon as we were promoted at Leicester when SJM announced that he wanted to sell the club. Completely shit timing.

OldBiscuit

by OldBiscuit » 27 Oct 2009 20:42

howser Always believd that Madejski is the reason we are where we are now, he has hung us out to dry, got shot of the decent players and not replaced them, this goes back to Sids !! We, sorry HE has sipped out Kits, Lita and Doyle, in thier times here proven scorers, and again he has not replaced them. The mans a cock !

Yes, he got rid of all our players that dearly wanted to stay in the championship despite the fact that premier league clubs were interested in them. They really did not want all that money that they were offered to lure them away, and they really did not want to play top flight football. No, they really wanted to stay at Reading for the rest of their careers because thats what the average loyal modern day footballer does. How Kits, Sonks, Hunty, Sidders and Co. miss being part of a championship community. How they must have been devastated when that nasty Mr. Mad said that, against their will, that they had to go because he needed the money. I don't think so howser!

phil in cornwall

by phil in cornwall » 27 Oct 2009 21:27

These sort of threads are PATHETIC.

You must have memory loss.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 28 Oct 2009 05:15

These last few posts sum up HNA?. Vision says I hit the nail on the head, which I view as probably one of the best compliments you can get from a poster on here. People just ignore the post - by no means can they read anything that will get between them and a scapegoat. It's pathetic.

SHORT AND CURLY

by SHORT AND CURLY » 28 Oct 2009 06:16

rhroyal These last few posts sum up HNA?. Vision says I hit the nail on the head, which I view as probably one of the best compliments you can get from a poster on here. People just ignore the post - by no means can they read anything that will get between them and a scapegoat. It's pathetic.

All is well in the land of rhroyal
:shock:

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 28 Oct 2009 09:06

RoyalBlue
Compo's Hat He's given Rodgers nearly £3 million already and we shouldn't be in this mess down in the bottom three. Madejski would do well to bite the bullet and save himself from trying to flog a League 1 club and quickly.

£3M! Big bloody deal!! And what is the value of quality players shipped out? And the numbers of them too? And the pitiful wage structure Rodgers now needs to work within when trying to sign players?

And what were those "quality players bought in for? You're constnatly peddling the "peanuts for monkeys" line yet conveniently forget that those "quality players" cost "peanuts" in the first place and took several seasons to reach the value we sold them at. FTR. Hunt = free tansfer, Doyle = 100k, Sonko = Free Transfer, Kitson = 150k, Bikey = 1m, Shorey = 75k. They're the 6 that have been the major sales that you're complaining about losing and they were a combined cost of considerably less than the £3m you're moaning about.

RoyalBlue It's an age-old Japanese ritual as well-scripted as seppuku, the samurai's rite of suicide. Scandal shakes a major Japanese company. Its reputation is on the line. So its top executive announces he takes full responsibility for the misdeeds, even if he was unaware of them, and resigns.

Oh for a touch of Japanese culture at the Mad Stad!

And who exactly would we be left with? You seem to think that Madejski is the only chairman and we are the only club that has to take the action we have in the 2nd season after relegation from the Premiership. You can choose to cry like a baby and lay the blame at the door of one person with your constant sniping but it ignores the fact that the vast majority of clubs in the same position have been forced to do the exact same thing.
Even bigger clubs in their 1st season down are forced into it. How much of the money got in for the likes of Bassong, Duff & Martins or the astronomical wages saved on the likes of Owen & Viduka have Newcastle spent? Southgate has just lost his job at Boro yet how much of the 12m from the Downing sale was he given? Or the Tuncay money, or the Huth money?

Madejski's not perfect by any means (who is) but by christ he doesn't deserve the vitriol the likes of you and several others seem to want to throw at him.
Last edited by Vision on 28 Oct 2009 09:23, edited 1 time in total.

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 28 Oct 2009 09:21

OldBiscuit
howser Always believd that Madejski is the reason we are where we are now, he has hung us out to dry, got shot of the decent players and not replaced them, this goes back to Sids !! We, sorry HE has sipped out Kits, Lita and Doyle, in thier times here proven scorers, and again he has not replaced them. The mans a cock !

Yes, he got rid of all our players that dearly wanted to stay in the championship despite the fact that premier league clubs were interested in them. They really did not want all that money that they were offered to lure them away, and they really did not want to play top flight football. No, they really wanted to stay at Reading for the rest of their careers because thats what the average loyal modern day footballer does. How Kits, Sonks, Hunty, Sidders and Co. miss being part of a championship community. How they must have been devastated when that nasty Mr. Mad said that, against their will, that they had to go because he needed the money. I don't think so howser!

Personally I think you have hit the nail on the head when it comes to who to blame. It is a result of the fact that the game of football is so competitive. Therefore players want to play at the highest level and for the highest monetary rewards, fans want to play at the highest level with no responsibility of the cost and so complain when 'someone else' won't bankroll their dreams.

If this were the real world rather than football a lot of clubs would be out of business as they are not going concerns without a sugar daady/arab to fund them, while those clubs trying to make things work financially (like those run by their supporters trusts) are struggling and under constant pressure to sell out to someone who will buy them success. The sooner a financial level playing field is introduced the better - then those managers who can build a team without instant solutions will suceed (and tbh I have no idea yet if that would include Brendan or not).

Stuffed Crust Pizza

by Stuffed Crust Pizza » 28 Oct 2009 09:22

Tamworth_Royal Madejski drop the clause in the sale of the club that ground remains in your name then perhaps just perhaps someone might buy and we will be rid of you.

Is this true? If he sells up then the ground must still bare his name?

Perhaps selling the naming rights to the newly named Smallmead Stadium would introduce some cash for the January transfer window.

westendgirl

by westendgirl » 28 Oct 2009 09:23

Vision
Madejski's not perfect by any means (who is) but by christ he doesn't deserve the vitriol the likes of you and several others seem to want to throw at him.

Quite agree, I really enjoy your contributions Vision as they are measured and thoughtful and a great constrast to other kneejerk and predictable posters.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 28 Oct 2009 09:26

Stuffed Crust Pizza
Tamworth_Royal Madejski drop the clause in the sale of the club that ground remains in your name then perhaps just perhaps someone might buy and we will be rid of you.

Is this true? If he sells up then the ground must still bare his name?

Perhaps selling the naming rights to the newly named Smallmead Stadium would introduce some cash for the January transfer window.

Wasn't the idea originally that a chunk of the finance for the building of the stadium was to be paid for with naming rights except that no-one else was interested so Madejski finanaced that shortfall himself?

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Oct 2009 09:48

And of course he did not want it named after him, or so he said at the time i seem to recall.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 28 Oct 2009 10:02

this is the 1st time ive read this thread, and may i say what a huge array of retarded (and spasticated) comments, bar the odd few.

RoyalBlue's comments were in particular out of the Addington School of Economics.

Madejski HAD TO sell or loan our prized assets to keep us finacially stable, and i really don't understand how some 'Reading' fans can be so f'ing thick to think that all the transfer fees made should be fully reinvested.

Deathy
Hob Nob Regular

by Deathy » 28 Oct 2009 10:06

Harpers So Solid Crew And of course he did not want it named after him, or so he said at the time i seem to recall.

Yeah I bet... or his fecking name on the seats.

Vision
Hob Nob Addict

by Vision » 28 Oct 2009 10:15

Deathy
Harpers So Solid Crew And of course he did not want it named after him, or so he said at the time i seem to recall.

Yeah I bet... or his fecking name on the seats.

Yeah i think the phrase "persuaded" was used.

Either way it still indicates if his motivation was purely business opportunism as his detractors suggest, its rather odd that no other business (local or otherwise) could see the potential in gaining naming rights for the shiny new stadium of a football club who had rarely been out of the bottom two tiers of English football in their history.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 28 Oct 2009 10:27

And indeed had been struggling while the plans were being drawn up with relegation more likely than promotion at the time.

Mad Dog's Ghost

by Mad Dog's Ghost » 28 Oct 2009 13:59

The Madejski era is going to end in tears I'm afraid. He's understandably holding out for the best price possible but sees his pay off diminish by the week. If you're starting to dread watching Reading lose again, imagine how SJM feels.

Probably thought that we could repeat the trick of putting together a good side with some shoestring buys and one big-money purchase ... but sadly we don't have a manager with the same nous as Coppell and all the signings have largely been very poor.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 28 Oct 2009 16:13

Focher this is the 1st time ive read this thread, and may i say what a huge array of retarded (and spasticated) comments, bar the odd few.

RoyalBlue's comments were in particular out of the Addington School of Economics.

Madejski HAD TO sell or loan our prized assets to keep us finacially stable, and i really don't understand how some 'Reading' fans can be so f'ing thick to think that all the transfer fees made should be fully reinvested.

Correction. The club i.e. Madejski claimed that they had to sell or loan our prized assets to keep us financially stable. I can't believe how some 'Reading' fans can be so f*ing thick as to swallow that line, hook and sinker!

One moment we are being told we ar the model of perfect financial management, the club all others look to and, the next moment we are having to sell everything bar the kitchen sink to remain financially stable. Ironically those very actions will probably now be the thing that most threatens financial stability.

I doubt anyone believed that the transfer fees would be fully reinvested - that's never been the man's style. However, I doubt many believed the cloth cutting would be so ridiculously severe and there were certainly no hints whatsover when they were pushing for season ticket renewals prior to another promotion push!

188 posts