Stoke fan here fellas

144 posts
Ark Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Stoke fan here fellas

by Ark Royal » 02 Nov 2009 22:39

What a condescending pcunt. oxf*rd off back to your Clayhanger hovel and try and remember what a tree looked like.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Nov 2009 22:43

floyd__streete How long did it take for you to type all that only for no-one to care one iota? Unlucky.

Ark Royal What a condescending pcunt. oxf*rd off back to your Clayhanger hovel and try and remember what a tree looked like.

Oh well :roll: . Tbh, I no more care what Kate Humble from AutumnWatch thinks about RFC than some Stoke fan.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 02 Nov 2009 22:47

I don't mind stoke, nice to see a small club doing ok in the premiership. Will never sustain it and will see them back down in the championship within a few years.

Stevie G

by Stevie G » 02 Nov 2009 22:53

Funny, I thought club's only bought players, on sound judgement, to improve their squads.

Either your club have a different policy or they lack judgement.

Winchester Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Winchester Royal » 02 Nov 2009 23:04

AmazingMan
I hope the friendship between our two clubs will continue, we have always gotten on well, and who knows you may get the chance to earn a big payday if you draw us away in a cup tie, also we may help you out with some loans from our reserves.

That happened last season, and about 8,000 people turned up.... :lol:

AmazingMan

by AmazingMan » 02 Nov 2009 23:11

I apologise if I have offended the mighty Reading fanbase in some way, and for my, on re-reading my post, somewhat patronising tone. Successful well-run clubs should show grace and understanding with those clubs that have failed miserably in those very regards.

Some would suggest that it's unsurprising that you lot are more vocal behind the safety of a keyboard than in the flesh but I won't comment on that, there's a lot to be said for a placid support = family-friendly, hooliganism unlikely to emerge, women fans not alienated. And forgive me but despite the decibel levels at our stadium in danger of knocking nearby buildings the more casual football fan can feel a little bit alienated by the nature and intensity of the hot-blooded support for my team, so I accept we are not perfect.

I want Reading to survive and you may dismiss this thought as negative and provocative, but on the contrary I feel I am being sensitive to the very real danger your club faces. Small provincial clubs are the lifeblood of the football league and despite your meagre following and lack of any real success you do have a long history. The neutral fan will always cheer the likes of your club, cheering them on to giantkilling exploits (however unlikely) against the likes of ourselves. That you deal in yearning, nostalgia and butterness is a measure of how far you have fallen. I hope my wishes for your descent to be slowed are accepted in the genuine good grace they are offered. Football needs the Accrington Stanleys and Readings of this world. I salute your very existence (despite how tenuous it may be).

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 02 Nov 2009 23:15

AmazingMan Anyway we are doing pretty well at the moment and I don't want to rub it in but I have no idea how the likes of Sonko and Kitson formed part of a record-breaking team.

You realise that the record breaking team was 4 years ago - i.e. Sonko and Kitson are 4 years older and probably not in their peak anymore.

starbug

by starbug » 02 Nov 2009 23:15

Agree with earlier poster, its nice to see small clubs like us having a go in the Prem but it'll take a miracle to keep it up.

Just for a laugh I thought I'd think about Stoke's players and realised I had no oxf*rd clue who any of them were (apart from the ex-Reading), so found the team from Saturdays game - how many would I want in Reading's squad, short answer none, well possibly one, maybe.

Looking at Wolves, Burnley, Birmingham & Portsmouth I think Stoke will probably survive this year, just.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 02 Nov 2009 23:18

http://www.royals.org/matdoc/091099.html

Thought I'd seen at least one game in front of a miniscule crowd at your wind-tunnel of a ground, this is the one. 9,621.....and you got to the play-offs that season too. Awesome support. You know Reading are struggling when our peers are sniffing around Hob Nob sneering :roll:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Nov 2009 23:19

Thaumagurist*
AmazingMan Anyway we are doing pretty well at the moment and I don't want to rub it in but I have no idea how the likes of Sonko and Kitson formed part of a record-breaking team.

You realise that the record breaking team was 4 years ago - i.e. Sonko and Kitson are 4 years older and probably not in their peak anymore.

And have been buggered up by injuries and are playing in a team that couldn't even begin to play the football we did in those two glorious seasons.

Fair play to Stoke, living the dream right now, but fears of us going into administration or disappearing from the league are, quite frankly, laughable right now. Can't see them lasting in the Prem, but Wigan are managing it, so who knows.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 02 Nov 2009 23:21

Thinking about it, I'd rather see any of Manchester United, Arsenal, Hull City, Portsmouth, Fulham, Wigan, Burnley, Birmingham City or Sunderland to go down than Stoke.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 02 Nov 2009 23:22

Ian Royal Can't see them lasting in the Prem, but Wigan are managing it, so who knows.

At a high cost, I think they're heavily in debt with no hope of paying it off.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 02 Nov 2009 23:27

AmazingMan I apologise if I have offended the mighty Reading fanbase in some way, and for my, on re-reading my post, somewhat patronising tone. Successful well-run clubs should show grace and understanding with those clubs that have failed miserably in those very regards.

Some would suggest that it's unsurprising that you lot are more vocal behind the safety of a keyboard than in the flesh but I won't comment on that, there's a lot to be said for a placid support = family-friendly, hooliganism unlikely to emerge, women fans not alienated. And forgive me but despite the decibel levels at our stadium in danger of knocking nearby buildings the more casual football fan can feel a little bit alienated by the nature and intensity of the hot-blooded support for my team, so I accept we are not perfect.

I want Reading to survive and you may dismiss this thought as negative and provocative, but on the contrary I feel I am being sensitive to the very real danger your club faces. Small provincial clubs are the lifeblood of the football league and despite your meagre following and lack of any real success you do have a long history. The neutral fan will always cheer the likes of your club, cheering them on to giantkilling exploits (however unlikely) against the likes of ourselves. That you deal in yearning, nostalgia and butterness is a measure of how far you have fallen. I hope my wishes for your descent to be slowed are accepted in the genuine good grace they are offered. Football needs the Accrington Stanleys and Readings of this world. I salute your very existence (despite how tenuous it may be).

Much worse second effort. I've highlighted the WUM parts.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 02 Nov 2009 23:29

Thaumagurist*
Ian Royal Can't see them lasting in the Prem, but Wigan are managing it, so who knows.

At a high cost, I think they're heavily in debt with no hope of paying it off.

Well yes they are potentially right up shit creek if they do go down, but it hasn't happened yet.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 02 Nov 2009 23:45

I like him. Got real class and wit.and some real balls mocking us on a discussion forum. He has made me both shake with rage and green with envy all at the same time. I could crush a grape.top wumming.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 03 Nov 2009 03:58

Top WUM work. Nobody seems to have taken the bait though, so maybe we're complimenting him too much.

Very near...far away

by Very near...far away » 03 Nov 2009 07:20

Zigga Zagga Zigga Zagga.....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Is it that dip$hit Hancock (does he still have a job, the one where he's tediously unfunny?) on a wind-up?

Ah, who c a r e s.

Rawlie19
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Rawlie19 » 03 Nov 2009 07:27

Archie's penalty
AmazingMan I apologise if I have offended the mighty Reading fanbase in some way, and for my, on re-reading my post, somewhat patronising tone. Successful well-run clubs should show grace and understanding with those clubs that have failed miserably in those very regards.

Much worse second effort. I've highlighted the WUM parts.

It was that bit that actually made me :lol:

Gordons Cumming
Hob Nob Addict

by Gordons Cumming » 03 Nov 2009 08:12

Amazing Man = A lesson in patronisation.

Norfolk Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Norfolk Royal » 03 Nov 2009 08:46

The WUM might be more relevant had Stoke ever had any real success. I recall a League Cup win back in the 70s was it? But they're hardly Barcelona.

144 posts