Corners

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Corners

by Ian Royal » 18 Nov 2009 17:17

I thought the set pieces I've seen from Davies have been very good, you'll get no argument from me that Sig should be number one for them. I personally think we'd have probably beaten Watford if he'd still been on the pitch to take the late freekick we won.

Ryn

by Ryn » 19 Nov 2009 09:17

Oh yes, get the Sig behind every dead ball we've got.

I meant to have Howard lurking outside the area for any flick out, then pile drive the ball back towards the goal again, as he seems to have a decent long-range shot on him.

Those balls back into the box can easily take a deflection off someone's legs and go in the goal, and let's face it we'll take any goal we can get at the moment.

I'd just like to see a properly rehearsed corner routine, with a ball being put into the box (either directly or via a short corner) that is difficult for the keeper to claim, but gives us a 50/50 chance of getting on the end of it and getting an effort on goal.

12 opportunities like this in a match should surely result in a goal?!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 19 Nov 2009 12:21

Ryn Oh yes, get the Sig behind every dead ball we've got.

I meant to have Howard lurking outside the area for any flick out, then pile drive the ball back towards the goal again, as he seems to have a decent long-range shot on him.

Those balls back into the box can easily take a deflection off someone's legs and go in the goal, and let's face it we'll take any goal we can get at the moment.

I'd just like to see a properly rehearsed corner routine, with a ball being put into the box (either directly or via a short corner) that is difficult for the keeper to claim, but gives us a 50/50 chance of getting on the end of it and getting an effort on goal.

12 opportunities like this in a match should surely result in a goal?!

That's what the short routines have been. Taken fairly quickly, both players running into the box with someone lurking around the near edge for a shot if he's passed to whilst the defenders are drawn out to the short corner.

It's the balls into the box direct from corners that have largely been poor IMO, too near the keeper, not beating the first man, or not actually aimed at where our players are attacking.