10 years ago

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: 10 years ago

by Dirk Gently » 18 Nov 2009 12:42

Matt de K This is what I'm referring to. JM thanking fans for taking up the OFFER of same priced season tickets. Then a few months later giving the same OFFER to everyone else. That's not an "offer" is it?

It's an offer if there's a reasonable chance of being in a hugher division at the time the ST go on sale - it's a nailed on certainty that ST prices in the PL would have been higher - probably about £100 higher.

And that's what the offer is - but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Stranded
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Stranded » 18 Nov 2009 12:44

No the offer was a ticket at that price regardless of what division we were in - those renewing early did so knowing they would get a deal if in the Prem but pay the same price for the Championship.

When we stayed down the price stayed the same - it's really not a con and is quite a good offer - if we'd gone up you'd be quite happy right now as people who hadn't had taken the deal would have paid an additional amount.

yorkieroyal

by yorkieroyal » 18 Nov 2009 12:56

Back to the Millwall game.... I also remember it being bitterly cold that night, followed by the slow realisation that Clapham High Road BR was nowhere near Clapham Junction BR :-(

Muskrat
Hob Nob Regular

by Muskrat » 18 Nov 2009 13:24

Thaumagurist*
Terminal Boardom Wasn't the Preston game the one where Mad Dog got our players to warm up in the wrong half?

Correct.

Mad Dog goes and sits in the home dugout.

David Moyes: You're sitting in my seat
Mad Dog: F*ck off
DM: Do you know who I am?
MD: No
DM: David Moyes
MD: Never heard of you, now f*ck off.
:D

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 18 Nov 2009 13:32

I parked the cab outside the New Den. Left ten minutes before the end. Amazingly it was still there. I went back to work.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 18 Nov 2009 13:37

Muskrat
Thaumagurist*
Terminal Boardom Wasn't the Preston game the one where Mad Dog got our players to warm up in the wrong half?

Correct.

Mad Dog goes and sits in the home dugout.

David Moyes: You're sitting in my seat
Mad Dog: F*ck off
DM: Do you know who I am?
MD: No
DM: David Moyes
MD: Never heard of you, now f*ck off.
:D

We need something similar right now. Someone the players can look at and think "What the **** was that!" Then again...

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 18 Nov 2009 13:53

Mid Sussex Royal I think the 2-2 draw at top of table Preston in Feb(?) was what turned the corner that season.

Fozzy scored a screamer in the first half and Martin Butler scored an equalizing header up our end in second half - think it was his debut??

Wasn't that when we nicked both strikers from under their noses. One of the more enjoyable games from that season.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 18 Nov 2009 13:55

Compo's Hat Wasn't that when we nicked both strikers from under their noses. One of the more enjoyable games from that season.

Yeah, as if you went to that game :roll: . You would have been, I dunno, 9 or something?

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 18 Nov 2009 13:56

floyd__streete
Compo's Hat Wasn't that when we nicked both strikers from under their noses. One of the more enjoyable games from that season.

Yeah, as if you went to that game :roll: . You would have been, I dunno, 9 or something?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Young RoyaLOLs coach.

I was 13-14 at the time gr8 m8