Rasiak (.)Knockers(.)

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rasiak (.)Knockers(.)

by 1871 Royal » 06 Dec 2009 09:11

I like GR. Glad he started him today as I thought he gave us something else when he came on against Derby. Holds the ball up well, has good feet and knows where the goal is. Plus my dad was going on about how rubbish he was, I love telling him 'I told you so' 8)

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 06 Dec 2009 09:27

At least he does score and at least he's fit and not suspended. Given the general crapness of our other strikers its just as well anyway.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 06 Dec 2009 11:46

The issue is his fitness, (or lack thereof), and mobility. Journeyman, not someone who is going to propel us back to the PL, as implied by club rhetoric at the time of his signing. HTH.

(.)Boobies(.)

by (.)Boobies(.) » 06 Dec 2009 15:40

strap The issue is his fitness, (or lack thereof), and mobility. Journeyman, not someone who is going to propel us back to the PL, as implied by club rhetoric at the time of his signing. HTH.

We are some 3-4 years from any hope of a team capable of returning to the Premier League; unless of course a buyer materialises, and the last known interest faded rather rapidly by all accounts. Our John doesn't make anything easy, and while we're stuck with him and running the tightest of ships, this club can hope at best for mid-table mediocrity. Rasiak, for where this club is and where it will be for the foreseeable, is perfect for us.

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 06 Dec 2009 15:44

Exactly the kind of player we needed last season IMO. With him, McAnuff, Church and Sig in the team we have goals in the side.

papereyes
Hob Nob Addict
Location: “The mother of idiots is always pregnant”- Italian proverb

by papereyes » 06 Dec 2009 15:44

strap The issue is his fitness, (or lack thereof), and mobility. Journeyman, not someone who is going to propel us back to the PL, as implied by club rhetoric at the time of his signing. HTH.

No, but we keep knocking in crosses worth attacking and he'll score a fair few goals.

working class hero

by working class hero » 06 Dec 2009 16:52

Rasiak has always scored goals when given chances. He was a good buy by BR [as was McAnuff]. All we need is Jobi to keep feeding him and we will be OK.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Dec 2009 17:00

winchester_royal Exactly the kind of player we needed last season IMO. With him, McAnuff, Church and Sig in the team we have goals in the side.

Wow, that really is goals goals goals galore. :roll:

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 06 Dec 2009 17:08

Ian Royal
winchester_royal Exactly the kind of player we needed last season IMO. With him, McAnuff, Church and Sig in the team we have goals in the side.

Wow, that really is goals goals goals galore. :roll:

It's more than the second half of last season where we had........ummm.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 06 Dec 2009 17:15

14 goals for the entire team in our last 18 games last season.

13 goals from the 4 players Ian mentioned in our last 20 games.

It would appear they have more goals in them than Coppell's team, wouldn't it Ian?

In our last 5 games (since they got a run in the team together all at once really) these players have 8 goals between them, Ian.

Ian in talking utter shit shocker.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Dec 2009 17:17

Doyle, Kitson, Lita & SHunt? They may not have actually scored many at that time, but my God looking at the names you'd expect two or three times as many goals as your selection.

Sig is handy at chipping in. Rasiak will keep scoring at a steady rate if McAnuff can keep teeing them up for him, but none of them are potential 20 men.

The names you list really aren't that impressive, so when really impressive names for this level failed to bang them away, what makes you think you can rely on your choice for banging in the goals?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Dec 2009 17:21

Royalee 14 goals for the entire team in our last 18 games last season.

13 goals from the 4 players Ian mentioned in our last 20 games.

It would appear they have more goals in them than Coppell's team, wouldn't it Ian?

In our last 5 games (since they got a run in the team together all at once really) these players have 8 goals between them, Ian.

Ian in talking utter shit shocker.

16 goals for Doyle in the first 23 games of last season. Suggests to me Coppells team had a feck load of goals in it.

If Sig, McAnuff, Rasiak & Church finish with a combined tally this season of more than Doyle, SHunt, NHunt & Long last season I'll be amazed.

Currently on 13, need to reach 45. :|

12 goals in 3510 minutes of league football (equates to 39 games).

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 06 Dec 2009 19:11

Ian Royal
Southbank Old Boy Taking 1 in 4 or 5 chances isnt that bad a conversion rate, even if IR wants to slag him off for the ones his missed today. I havent seen the ones he missed, but I doubt they were all that easy, and as long as you do take a number of the chances that come your way you will get enough goal

Top forwards usually look for 1 goal for 3 good chances

Problem with Church is that he not only misses a lot of chances, but he misses all but the odd one, thats why his scoring record is so poor

I haven't slagged him off since he started scoring.

Seemed that way in the match thread yesterday

Mind you, you talked plenty of rubbish in there so perhaps i should just ignor it!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 06 Dec 2009 20:08

highlighting a player missing a good chance to score is not slagging him off.

Complaining that a striker who scores one but misses four will get praised but a winger that misses one would get blamed for a poor result is also not slagging him off.

I like Rasiak. He's a bit frustrating, but he's competent at this level and will score goals whilst McAnuff or someone else tees balls up for him. At the same time, though, I recognise he is simply a decent stop gap for us at the moment, like Owusu was a few years back.

Ryn

by Ryn » 07 Dec 2009 10:43

I think the highlight is 'if enough are teed up for him'. McAnuff or Kebe need to be having a really good day and swinging balls in all day long for Rasiak to net one. He in incapable of making a goal scoring opportunity on his own. That's not what we bought him for however.

He had enough chances teed up for him to score two hat-tricks on Saturday, but he stuck one away and got us on to winning ways, so fair play to him.

Competent, not a world beater, but I am still pleased we signed him.

We need someone with a bit of creativity in with him in January. Church and Long are both mince.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 07 Dec 2009 10:57

As said loads of times before. He may look gangly, awkward, a bit shit, but he has always scored goals in this league. He has excellent awareness around the box, takes up good positions and unlike Church is calm and composed in front of goal.

I said if he plays half the time Church does he will still easily outscore him. Church for all his willing effort and half decent play just doesn't have what Rasiak has in front of goal.

Whoever made that bet of Church outscoring Rasiak should go and give his mate the money now.

Thaumagurist*
Hob Nob Regular

by Thaumagurist* » 07 Dec 2009 11:11

Probably not the man to score the goals to lead us back to the Premiership, but he'll score enough goals to keep us up.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 07 Dec 2009 11:16

He's a proven goalscorer at this level, and I believe that he was a good signing. Still need to bring a striker in of course as we can't rely on Rasiak to score all of the goals this season.

CMRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by CMRoyal » 07 Dec 2009 12:07

(.)Boobies(.) Someone kindly remind the short sighted on here how his form is? The people on here never fail to amuse me with their poor judgement and knee jerk opinions. Terrific striker at this level; and I do believe when he signed, he had a record comparable to a certain Kevin Doyle. You cannot fault Gregorz, he's a goal scorer. Be thankful we have him here.

You can't fault him as a goalscorer. Put the ball into him in front of goal and he will deliver the goods. But quite clearly he needs a decent footballer playing alongside him. His hold-up play is often poor, his first touch is pretty woeful at times, he doesn't always bring supporting players into play and he's actually not even that good in the air when his back's to the goal. When he's not scoring, he is incredibly frustrating to watch. But he's scoring at the moment, so naturally we all love him.

Warfield North Stand

by Warfield North Stand » 07 Dec 2009 12:58

He played well on Sat. Scored a good goal but missed 2 sitters. Still, we would be oxf*rd without him. Without his opening goal on Saturday, my highlight of the game would have been my hot pork roll at half time with my Bovril a close 2nd.