Fed calls for consistency

PieEater
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

Re: Fed calls for consistency

by PieEater » 09 Dec 2009 18:31

I can't believe Feds doesnt hold his hand up for repeatedly getting beaten at his near post, if the ball moves or not he should be positioned better and react. I was side on to each shot and although they may have moved they seemed pretty tame shots that should of been routine saves.

The way the article reads, he almost saying he doesn't think he should be making any saves as the defence should be blocking all shots.

Confidence may be a problem and apportioning blame may not help, but he needs to be more honest about his embarrassingly shit performance last night.

Alan Partridge
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: In a daft little ground, watching a silly game so fcuk off

by Alan Partridge » 09 Dec 2009 19:23

Keepers make mistakes and have to have thick skin, during the game you do have to try and put it behind you and just get on with things, however he has almost just taken no responsibility for last night's result, if you have read Hahnemann's book or heard his interviews he was the most brutally honest of our players. Going through everything looking where he could improve, could have done better and if he made a mistake he would be the first to hold his hands up and say so. After the event that HAS to happen, if you are the keeper or the strikers, manager, whatever if you've cocked up then you hold your hands up.

That is a shocking interview from quite frankly a shocking keeper.

Adam, Reading lost last night mainly down to your total incompetence and positional sense. Coming out and saying this crap is hardly likely to endear yourself to anyone least of all your team mates.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 09 Dec 2009 19:28

Federici is consistent. Consistently awful. Mistakes costing us goals this season from the top of my head: twice last night, two more at QPR were down to poor positioning, Sheff U at home he let one from range slip through his hands, he should take part of the blame for WBA's equaliser too for marching so far off his line and leaving himself absolutely stranded.

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 09 Dec 2009 19:31

First full season as number one?
Dumped into first team in the Championship with limited match practice?
Match experience will improve him.

Sarah Star
Hob Nob Regular

by Sarah Star » 09 Dec 2009 20:42

I know it's time to scapegoat Federici for last night (and tbh I was sitting there with a :shock: look on my face when those goals went in too) but lets not forget that he's had good matches too inbetween the mistakes. Before the Sheffield game he'd virtually singlehandedly kept us in the game away at Swansea with his breathtaking saves - one being a penalty - and he made some good saves at Preston which helped us win. Nearly scored again against Cardiff at home too.

working class hero

by working class hero » 09 Dec 2009 22:36

Royalee

Shit positioning, he should be exactly where Clyne's left hand is.

What? 20 yards off his line?
I think not...

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 09 Dec 2009 22:49

Matt de K
Hoop Blah He was all of 20/25 yards when he hit it. How is that short range?

My point was that it was a short distance for the ball to move to the left then to the right like it did. Not saying that he spanked it from short range at all.

Oh and the penalty box is 18yrds and he hit it just outside of it if you wanna get pedantic FYI :wink:

if you wanna be pedantic you should check how far the angle of the box is from the post :wink:

As for Fed, as others have already said he aint good enough to be a number one at this level

I would love it if we went out and got a proper first team keeper and got rid of Fed, but I cant see it happening this side of the summer

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 09 Dec 2009 22:56

Personally I can't believe we're letting Hamer rot in the reserves while this tool keeps his place.

Far too small to be a good keeper anyway.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 09 Dec 2009 23:04

6ft 1 isnt the tallest these days, but its more than big enough to cut it at the top level

The fact he isnt good enough is much more of an issue than his height

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 09 Dec 2009 23:07

working class hero
Royalee

What? 20 yards off his line?
I think not...

:lol: You know what I meant - in line with it in the picture.

Forest Gump

by Forest Gump » 10 Dec 2009 00:29

BR should make N Hammond GK for a spell so that the players get a chance to kick him while he is down.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 10 Dec 2009 02:23

And to think our cLOLueLOLess cLOLown thinks we have some of the best goalkeepers in the world here and that was before last night.

Nearly LOL'd at him at the fans forum when he said that!

Negative_Jeff

by Negative_Jeff » 10 Dec 2009 04:07

Leaving his ability aside I just don`t like Federici. He comes across as surly, lacking in charisma and looks like an egg. Mind you the whole squad are a pretty joyless bunch, as is most of what passes for our support.
This is a grim time to be watching Reading. All the above and six defensive outfield players line up at home against Colin.
Makes you weep.

Ryn

by Ryn » 10 Dec 2009 08:29

Note to AFed - eating less pies will likely be beneficial, as you will weigh less than a house, and consequently be a bit more mobile between the sticks, and possibly be able to get your arm between your belly and the near side post, thereby being able to block a few of the shots going that way.

HTH

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Dec 2009 08:38

Forest Gump BR should make N Hammond GK for a spell so that the players get a chance to kick him while he is down.

:lol:

working class hero

by working class hero » 10 Dec 2009 18:18

Ideal
Ryn Note to AFed - eating less pies will likely be beneficial, as you will weigh less than a house, and consequently be a bit more mobile between the sticks, and possibly be able to get your arm between your belly and the near side post, thereby being able to block a few of the shots going that way.

HTH

He is a bit fat..

Is this pot / kettle / black - or is Ryn a stick insect?

Ryn

by Ryn » 11 Dec 2009 09:14

I am not a stick insect, nor am I a professional sportsman, that demands I be in peak physical condition.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 11 Dec 2009 13:33

THIS is how you react to mistakes of your doing Fed:

Marek Matejovsky said...
“It was a bad pass to Ryan,” admitted the honest midfield playmaker. “I could have played it forward so it was a bad mistake. I apologised to everyone afterwards about losing the ball like that during the game."

Toxteth O'Grady (USA)

by Toxteth O'Grady (USA) » 11 Dec 2009 13:47

Consistency - the great panacea. What the commentators, including the clubs own staff and players, fail to realise is that you can't just sit consistency as the simple answer.

Many of the players are not good enough to compete at the top end of this division (Federici is one of them - he is a rubbish keeper -but I voted for Shepherd as the worst by the way).

To get consistency, we need consistently better players. That means some new players and it means picking the best team. We've improved and then the manager makes arbitary decisions to change the team.

Destined to struggle for these two reasons in summary

- players generally not good enough for our lofty aspirations
- Odd manager makes silly decisions

Change that - consistency follows.

Royal1983

by Royal1983 » 11 Dec 2009 13:49

Royalee

No he shouldn't as the defender is supposed to be covering that area which he didn't.