Hob Nob Addict

Re: Score predictions v Scunthorpe (H)

by SLAMMED » 10 Dec 2009 00:28

2-0 win. Rasiak (2)

rob the royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rob the royal » 10 Dec 2009 00:32

themadstad 0-0, can't see us beating them now but can see them beating us. If our midfield and defence sorts itself out we can avoid another loss LOL at us not being able to beat the team that's concede the most goals at our own ground!

It'll be a battle which we both will not want to lose but we will be most nervous. This will prove Blackpool was a blip.

God knows how people will feel about not winning this one. I can see 0-0 or a humiliating 2-0 defeat.

actually this is what I'm thinking too but went for 1-0 because I simply don't want to see us draw or lose to scunthorpe. we have to pick points off the dump teams.

rhroyal
Hob Nob Regular

by rhroyal » 10 Dec 2009 05:09

rob the royal
themadstad 0-0, can't see us beating them now but can see them beating us. If our midfield and defence sorts itself out we can avoid another loss LOL at us not being able to beat the team that's concede the most goals at our own ground!

It'll be a battle which we both will not want to lose but we will be most nervous. This will prove Blackpool was a blip.

God knows how people will feel about not winning this one. I can see 0-0 or a humiliating 2-0 defeat.

actually this is what I'm thinking too but went for 1-0 because I simply don't want to see us draw or lose to scunthorpe. we have to pick points off the dump teams.
When was the last time we failed to score?

Ryn

by Ryn » 10 Dec 2009 08:35

Impossible to keep a clean sheet consistently, but still the ability to nick a goal or two from Greg.

This has 1-1 written all over it, witnessed by a crowd of 16,976 in the pissing rain.

Buck plays 4-5-1 again, as no other choice.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 10 Dec 2009 08:39

Ryn Impossible to keep a clean sheet consistently, but still the ability to nick a goal or two from Greg.

This has 1-1 written all over it, witnessed by a crowd of 16,976 in the pissing rain.

Buck plays 4-5-1 again, as no other choice.

Agree with the 1-1 scoreline

But the attendance?? we should be so lucky!!! 15,487

ROKERITE

by ROKERITE » 10 Dec 2009 08:46

ROKERITE It's hard enough to predict anyway but particularly so when Scunny have yet to play tonight. I'm hoping Scunthorpe don't lose at Oakwell.

At least Scunny got a point last night. I didn't want them turning up at The Madejski having lost their last seven away matches.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Dec 2009 12:15

Our inconsistent performances continue as we see a reaction and a win. But not a great performance

1-0 - McAnuff

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 10 Dec 2009 12:45

Royalee The team which played against Sheffield Wednesday would have won last night, let alone the one I'd pick. The changes he made were the problem.

Seriously, does this mean you of all people are suggesting the changes were unecessary and or surprising?

Especially as I saw from your previous comment that you had us down for a win, until you saw the team line-up.

It stuff like this that keeps me on the back foot with BR, these are not forced changes, they appear to be elementary mistakes!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 10 Dec 2009 12:56

Dorset-Knob
Royalee The team which played against Sheffield Wednesday would have won last night, let alone the one I'd pick. The changes he made were the problem.

Seriously, does this mean you of all people are suggesting the changes were unecessary and or surprising?

Especially as I saw from your previous comment that you had us down for a win, until you saw the team line-up.

It stuff like this that keeps me on the back foot with BR, these are not forced changes, they appear to be elementary mistakes!

He focuses on individual opponants too much and tried to tailor his side to what he expects them to be like, rather than focusing on putting out our best and most consistent side. He obviously decided he needed a physical presence against Palace, but failed to consider with Cisse & Gunnarsson in the middle Marek had no one to pass to with the combination of decent movement and passing ability.

Cisse can't really pass and his awareness isn't very good. Gunnarsson simply can't move around well enough. Because of this neither are particularly good for actually trying to defend together well either, because it's so easy to just use movement and short passes to play straight through them. A la QPR.

By which point Pearce and Ivar who are ridiculously slow anyway, have no chance of stopping the movement and breaking runs form midfield.

Didn't see the Palace game, but that's pretty much what happened against QPR.

Karacan may not be very tall or especially strong, but he's fairly quick and determined (like Tabb) and can actually pass (like Tabb). So he is a much better option for trying to be more defensive, giving Marek someone to play off of and still giving us more defensively.

Dropping Siggurdsson was the stupidest thing Rodgers could have done. I don't care if he struggles to last the game and isn't fit enough. He's consistently scoring and providing others with goals and should be the first name on the team sheet,.

Elmer Park

by Elmer Park » 10 Dec 2009 13:59

Won't necessarily make a great deal of difference but Scunthorpe's first choice keeper, Joe Murphy, is suspended for the match on Saturday as he has somehow managed to pick up five yellow cards as well as a red so far this season.

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 10 Dec 2009 14:32

20 nil RFC

Ferris
Hob Nob Regular

by Ferris » 10 Dec 2009 15:15

brendywendy 20 nil RFC

Scorers?

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 10 Dec 2009 15:20

It'll be tight. We may just sneak it.

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 10 Dec 2009 16:12

3-0 to the super royals

Gylfi, Groegory and a mazy full pitch run and finish from Jay T to finish

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 11 Dec 2009 16:59

Not going to predict a result this time but what I will say is that this match could tell us everything we need to know about the season ahead: whether we are currently on the incline or the decline. It's clearly not "must win" but I do believe that the result will be of significance in indicating how the season's goingto pan out. I suppose another way of saying it is that, lose (even draw) to a team like Scunthorpe AT HOME (no disrespect Scunnies) and we really are on the wane and a change of manager may urgently be needed.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 11 Dec 2009 17:07

I think we should beat them, but one thing worries me: Warnock outthought us on Tuesday by the strategy of taking long pots. I don't know if he thought Fed was vulnerable or just that the backline is disorganised. If Scunthorpe saw that and try the same tactic, we could be in trouble again. Lets hope they either aren't that smart or don't have very good marksmen.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 11 Dec 2009 17:31

1-1

Lose and he may have some abuse coming his way from the terraces.

There may be trouble ahead...

Big McC

by Big McC » 11 Dec 2009 17:42

I am getting steadily worse at predicting results. Could be because of the inconsistent team selection and so it's increasingly impossible to predict how we'll play. So, anything from 1-0 win to 0-3 loss!

RoyalX

by RoyalX » 11 Dec 2009 19:31

2-1 win.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 11 Dec 2009 20:26

1-1