Rodgers: The 'Truth'

207 posts
strap
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Rodgers: The 'Truth'

by strap » 23 Dec 2009 11:52

As I said right at the start, wrong man, wrong job, wrong time and wrong place.

Bodgers' is delusionsal at best, a complete charlatan at worst. Has no experience, (Chelsea Acadamy/Reserves is of absoutely no relevance to a manageing a struggling Championship club), arrogance in his own ability far in excess of reality, and is nothing more than a loudmouthed "billy big bollux".

He should have kept his trap firmly shut, and gone about his job accepting that he was on a huge learning curve, and that he didn't have ANY of the answers, never mind all the answers. He spent £3.5Million in one trasfer window on utter dross, failing miserably to strengthen the squad, never mind balance it! In 6 months, one of the signings, McAnuff, is starting to show glimpses of ability that suggest he should be an automatic starter. The rest are only in the side (if at all) becasue there is no-one else.

His "reign" was a catalogue of mistake after mistake, with never a glimmer of acceptance that HE might be to blame for anything! Wrong type of player, no money, poor ref decisions, blah blah blah, culminating in that ridiculous performance on BBRB. A man with no class or dignity, never mind common sense.

Frankly RFC is far better off without this pretender. He and Tommy Burns would not spoil a pair. The sooner he accepts his own shortcomings, the quicker he will progress as a person. From his various public utterances, it is clear this will be a long time coming.

He may one day get a job as a youth coach somewhere, as that his the limit of his natuaral ability. Another managerial position? Don't hold your breath Bodgers.

Forbury Lion
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Forbury Lion » 23 Dec 2009 11:58

Harpers So Solid Crew I wonder what he would have done differently??????
Well, communication works both ways. If Nigel Howe isn't communicating with you then why not pop upstairs and have a chat or give him a call, maybe even schedule some time with his pa to discuss things.

It's clear his objectives were unclear, A lesson there for both board and manager going forward. Yes the board want you to rebuilt but from a safe league position. Avoiding relegation is number 1 priority for every manager, whether your managing Manchester United or Acrington Stanley.

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

by Terminal Boardom » 23 Dec 2009 12:00

Who?

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 23 Dec 2009 12:12

Vision Not sure anyone comes out of this looking particularly good really.

When all's said and done even with the sales , the squad is good enough to be around mid-table. If he was relatively comfortable in mid-table then he would have been given the time to gradually prove himself up to the task. Not being out of the bottom 5 for nigh on half a season means inevitably that he would be put under pressure. If he really didn't see that as he claims then you have to question whether he's got the awareness and judgement to ever make it as a successful manager reagrdless of his alledged coaching skills.

That said, the club knew this season was going to be tough and were preaching patience amongst the support as we restructure and rebuild. For the most part despite dissenting voices on here and the odd outburst at individual games the fans have actually been remarkably patient. As it turns out the board weren't. Whatever Rodgers' mistakes (and there were plenty of them), 6 months is not long enough really to make the inroads that were required when he took over. Having employed such a relatively inexperienced manager to such a job, to dump him after 6 months is a pretty poor show in my view.

Neither Rodgers nor the board come out of this with any credit to be honest.

+1 Good post

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 23 Dec 2009 12:29

Opening our eyes a bit to the truth of the club.
His call for "more time" is easily supportable, considering our gradual improvement and heap load of chances created - I'm sure if he was given January we would have escaped the relegation battle.
Never mind, we'll have to look ahead and hope the new bloke does well enough.

Dorset-Knob

by Dorset-Knob » 23 Dec 2009 12:33

Mr Angry This bit made me :o

“I never felt pressure in the job, I wanted the club to be successful and the January transfer window was my only opportunity to put things right. It still doesn’t rack up.

2 reasons;

1. How on Earth could he NOT have felt pressure in the job - smacks of thinking that REGARDLESS of performances and results, he wouldn't be fired.

2. The January window his "only" opportunity to put things right?? He was appointed in June, and bought in 7 players ffs - that was the time to show that he had the nous to get a group of players together, playing the way he wanted. YET...... we saw some of our brightest young stars (Henry, Davies) farmed out, others (Karacan, Sigi) either dropped, ignored on played out of position whilst his most expensive signing and a quality loanee from celtic left to sit on the bench or dumped in the reserves.

Take responsibility Brendan.

+1

Excuses are like arseholes everybody's got one! BR was not hounded out by disgruntled, impatience as reported by some, the results and bizzare decisions cooked his goose!

SteveRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by SteveRoyal » 23 Dec 2009 12:34

I'd rather read the comments on getreading.
They're much easier to read than this HNA rot.

readingbedding
Hob Nob Regular

by readingbedding » 23 Dec 2009 12:53

See ya.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Dec 2009 13:05

Why would the cock need to speak to Howe? Hammond is the man he speaks to, he's the bridge to the board. He sorts out transfer related stuff and liaises with the board.

More bullshit from the clown.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 23 Dec 2009 13:06

it was common knowlegde that Howe was 100% against the appointment of Rodgers so this is no real suprise.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Dec 2009 13:20

Focher it was common knowlegde that Howe was 100% against the appointment of Rodgers so this is no real suprise.

LOL @ anyone suggesting Howe tells his Madj what to do though.

Excellent post from Vision as always> I only differ in that I think Rodgers did plenty badly enough to be sacked. Must have been a tough call, but with the improvements stalling and possibly reversing and his previous transfer activity I think it was dump him then or risk giving him money to arse it up again and still get us relegated.

He was well on his way to losing he crowd and leaving it a month or two for things to get really bad (or improve fully) would have left it way to late to make changes.

Southbank Old Boy
Hob Nob Regular

by Southbank Old Boy » 23 Dec 2009 13:30

Ian Royal Why would the cock need to speak to Howe? Hammond is the man he speaks to, he's the bridge to the board. He sorts out transfer related stuff and liaises with the board.

More bullshit from the clown.

It might be that the relationship with Hamond wasnt working or that Rodgers needed to know that he had the full backing upstairs

Someone the other day said that there was an issue with Hammond over the transfer budgets, maybe thats why Rodgers needed to go over his head to make sure they knew what he felt

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 23 Dec 2009 13:37

midfield diamond Lack of communication with N Howe an interesting complaint.
I thought that N Hammond was supposed to be the vital link between the Manager and the Board?

Anyway I'm glad one of them got rid of him before he could inflict any more damage on the Club.

As for SJM he comes out of it smelling of roses - it wasn't really him who pulled the trigger.

Like hell does he come out smelling of roses!! It wasn't me guv, I was only following the orders of one of my subordinates?!!

At the very least he comes out reeking of bull shyte!

If my staff foul up, it reflects badly on me. Madejski's people (Howe, Hammond, Rodgers - take your pick, although personally I opt for the first two) foul up and it reflects very badly on him.

Funny how Rodgers saw the January Transfer window as the opportunity to fix the things that needed fixing. He goes to talk to the Chief Exec about this and then finds himself out on his ear. Sounds like someone didn't want Rodgers trying to buy some new cloth!

Still that objective has been fixed and when no one wants to join without knowing who the longer term boss is, we can all be told the money was available but we couldn't find the right players!

Ian Royal Why would the cock need to speak to Howe? Hammond is the man he speaks to, he's the bridge to the board. He sorts out transfer related stuff and liaises with the board.

How about if Nick Hammond tells him that he as DOF no longer has authority to talk about money for transfers and it has all been placed in the hands of the Chief Exec - just for example?

And if Hammond is the only man the manager is meant to communicate with, how come Madejski is reported as speaking not only to the manager but also addressing the team?

How many more stories of this sort do we have to hear before some people finally accept that there appears to be a very clear common theme and there might just be a problem with the way the club is being managed off the pitch?
Last edited by RoyalBlue on 23 Dec 2009 13:41, edited 1 time in total.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 23 Dec 2009 13:40

Focher it was common knowlegde that Howe was 100% against the appointment of Rodgers so this is no real suprise.

The local rag doesn't know it though.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 23 Dec 2009 13:40

RoyalBlue
midfield diamond Lack of communication with N Howe an interesting complaint.
I thought that N Hammond was supposed to be the vital link between the Manager and the Board?

Anyway I'm glad one of them got rid of him before he could inflict any more damage on the Club.

As for SJM he comes out of it smelling of roses - it wasn't really him who pulled the trigger.

Like hell does he come out smelling of roses!! It wasn't me guv, I was only following the orders of one of my subordinates?!!

At the very least he comes out reeking of bull shyte!

If my staff foul up, it reflects badly on me. Madejski's people (Howe, Hammond, Rodgers - take your pick, although personally I opt for the first two) foul up and it reflects very badly on him.

Funny how Rodgers saw the January Transfer window as the opportunity to fix the things that needed fixing. He goes to talk to the Chief Exec about this and then finds himself out on his ear. Sounds like someone didn't want Rodgers trying to buy some new cloth!

Still that objective has been fixed and when no one wants to join without knowing who the longer term boss is, we can all be told the money was available but we couldn't find the right players!

What are you on about? Why does he come out of this "reeking of bull shyte"? Where did Madejski say it wasn't hs decision? It was Rodgers who said that.

As for Rodgers seeing the January transfer window as the opportunity to fix things. THe things he needed to fix were things he created - some poor signings, lack of strikers, not his type of players..... If I was on the board I wouldn't trust him with any more of the scarce funds.

Royal We
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal We » 23 Dec 2009 13:41

Ian Royal

No, but he does tell JM what the box holders are thinking and what the sponsors are thinking. Maybe he helps cajole JM towards a decision rather than actually telling him what to do.

Focher
Hob Nob Regular

by Focher » 23 Dec 2009 13:42

Ian Royal

LOL at anyone who thinks Madejski knows how modern day football operates, all his decisions are heavily influenced by Hammond and Howe. The only thing Madejski knows better than those 2 clowns is money, and how to safeguard it.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 23 Dec 2009 13:44

Focher
Ian Royal

LOL at anyone who thinks Madejski knows how modern day football operates, all his decisions are heavily influenced by Hammond and Howe. The only thing Madejski knows better than those 2 clowns is money, and how to safeguard it.

What does Howe know about football?

Madjesky will make his own decisions, he won't be told what to do. Of course he will take advice. TO say it wasn't his call is idiocy.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 23 Dec 2009 13:50

Reading are small time and that's from the board down. They don't have a clue to be honest.

How obvious that this was only going to be a transitional season for Reading and it was blindingly obvious they were going to struggle. So many changes in personnel. Rodgers could have only been judge more next season - after he had been given time to mould and shape his team.

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

by facaldaqui » 23 Dec 2009 13:57

I think Rodgers is post-rationalising. He blames Howe because he can't bring himself to blame Madejski. It's like finding someone else to blame after your beloved girlfriend dumps you.

Mind you, if Rodgers asked in November for more communication with Howe, then Howe should have given it to him, because managers should be given the working conditions they want. But I know that if I was a manager I'd rather not talk to people like chief executives, who aren't football men. If there's any truth in Rodgers' finger-pointing at Howe, perhaps Howe was against spending money in January (remember Gooding's informed opinion that issues over transfer money in Jan were behind Rodgers' departure). So Rodgers post-rationalises that Howe was the villain of the piece, while overlooking the fact that Madejski is the boss and Madejski, albeit with consultation, was the one who sacked him.
Last edited by facaldaqui on 23 Dec 2009 15:50, edited 1 time in total.

207 posts