Post-match protests and Facebook groups, etc

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Post-match protests and Facebook groups, etc

by Royalee » 29 Dec 2009 00:42

Dirk Gently
Royalee
Dirk Gently
But from what I know of him he's smart enough to realise that all that will get him the love of the fans is either to pump lots of money into the club or to sell up immediately at a massive loss.

He can't be very smart at all if he thinks those are the only two ways to succeed.

Those are the only two things being called for.

No they aren't, they were to stick with a manager and original plan - this would have proven cheaper and provided he was backed to sign the players he wanted in January (at a fraction of the cost of paying him and his staff off and consequent relegation) and resulted in us representing better value for our chairman.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 Dec 2009 00:44

Royalee
Dirk Gently
Royalee He can't be very smart at all if he thinks those are the only two ways to succeed.

Those are the only two things being called for.

No they aren't, they were to stick with a manager and original plan - this would have proven cheaper and provided he was backed to sign the players he wanted in January (at a fraction of the cost of paying him and his staff off and consequent relegation) and resulted in us representing better value for our chairman.

So you want a campaign to reverse a decision made two weeks ago?!?!? Good luck with that one!
Last edited by Dirk Gently on 29 Dec 2009 00:46, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2009 00:45

LOLLY.

I think Lee's lost the plot completely.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Dec 2009 00:48

Dirk Gently
So you want a campaign to reverse a decision made two weeks ago?!?!? Good luck with that one!

He reversed a decision made 6 months ago.

I know that won't happen though, so realistically I would just like him to bring in a good manager and back him rather than asset stripping and doing a both job, as this will ultimately cost Mr Madejski a lot more money in the long term through relegation.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2009 00:49

Royalee
Dirk Gently

I know that won't happen though, so realistically I would just like him to bring in a good manager and back him rather than asset stripping and doing a both job, as this will ultimately cost Mr Madejski a lot more money in the long term through relegation.

I thought you wanted him to stick with a manager? Doesn't that mean keeping MaccyD?

I'm really getting worried about that head injury of yours.
Last edited by Ian Royal on 29 Dec 2009 00:50, edited 1 time in total.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2009 00:50

Ian Royal LOLLY.

It's Stalin era revisionism at it's finest.

"We were going to gloriously win the league but then Rodgers was sacked"

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Dec 2009 00:50

Ian Royal
Royalee
Dirk Gently

I thought you wanted him to stick with a manager? Doesn't that mean keeping MaccyD?

No, because he's not a manager.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2009 00:50

I think you'll find he is.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Dec 2009 00:52

Ian Royal I think you'll find he is.

I didn't see any evidence of management today - I guess you weren't there though as is usually the case.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2009 00:53

Royalee

I didn't see any evidence of management today - I guess you weren't there though as is usually the case.

I don't need to be at a match to know who our manager is.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 Dec 2009 00:54

Royalee
Dirk Gently

Hardly reversing it - he'll never un-sack anyone!

Bringing in a new manager and backing him is effectively putting lots of new money into the club. I can see him possibly doing that, but the one thing that's virtually guaranteed to ensure that he doesn't is lots of people on the pitch or on facebook shouting at him to do just that.

If he does it it'll need to be his idea, and not in response to being told what to do.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Dec 2009 00:54

leon
Ian Royal LOLLY.

No, but we were at least building from the rubble as opposed to the shower of shit I encountered today. Today was a lot worse than QPR, and that's really saying something. We were at least winning games before Rodgers was sacked and created chances - we created next to bugger all today and played hoofball.

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Dec 2009 00:55

Dirk Gently If he does it it'll need to be his idea, and not in response to being told what to do.

He doesn't have any idea, that's his problem.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2009 00:56

Royalee
leon
Ian Royal LOLLY.

No, but we were at least building from the rubble as opposed to the shower of shit I encountered today. Today was a lot worse than QPR, and that's really saying something. We were at least winning games before Rodgers was sacked and created chances - we created next to bugger all today and played hoofball.

We've only had 3 games since he was sacked. I'm pretty sure we'll win at least a couple more without your messiah.

leon
Hob Nob Legend

by leon » 29 Dec 2009 00:58

Royalee

or at QPR, or at Peterborough or for the whole of this season..it's easy to point the finger isn't it?

Royalee
Hob Nob Addict

by Royalee » 29 Dec 2009 01:01

Today was much worse than QPR and we actually turned up for one half at Peterborough.

In Rodgers' last 7 games we managed 11 points - slightly better than 2 from out last 3. That's 'results', or what he was supposedly sacked for, before we even get to performances and how abysmal we were today.

floyd__streete
Hob Nob Addict

by floyd__streete » 29 Dec 2009 01:02

JOHN MADEJSKI AND HIS BOARD HAVE MESSED US ABOUT TOO LONG TAKING THIS CLUB FROM THE PREMIER LEAGUE TO THE POSSIBILITY OF LEAGUE ONE. WITH HIGH TICKET PRICES AND CONSTANT CLOTH CUTTING; READING ARE IN DIRE STRAIGHTS STARING RELEGATION TO LEAGUE ONE IN THE FACE. PREVENT THIS AWFUL EVENTFUL RELEGATION BY STANDING UP NOW. PANTS DAY SAVED RFC, AND WE KICKED ON FOR YEARS AFTER. MADEJSKI MUST SUPPORT THE CLUB AND SHOW THIS SUPPORT, OR GET OUT. ACTION IS NEEDED. NO ACTION WILL EQUAL RELEGATION WHICH WILL EQUAL THE CLUB BEING WORTH A LOT LESS THAN THE MADMAN WANTS.

PROTEST IS BEING ORGANISED FOR THE LIVE LIVERPOOL GAME. THIS WILL BE PLAYED OUT TO FANS ACROSS THE WORLD, FIRSTLY SHOWING UNITY BETWEEN OUR FANS AND YOU NEVER KNOW, A MILLIONNAIRE BUISNESS MAN WHO REALLY DOES CARE AND WANTS A NEW CHALLANGE

Office:THE TO BE RENAMED STADIUM

14 people have signed up to this sh*t :lol:

I might start the We're going down and there is bugger all you can do about it group in response.

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 29 Dec 2009 01:04

RG30 Slightly assuring to know his sidekick Ian Wood-Smith was sat in the away end today. There was a lot of disgruntled fans at full time and providing he was still there come the full time whistle, I would imagine JM will just be made fully aware of the booing and chanting.

He was there until the final whistle, he got evil looks from me!

It's up to Madejski now if he wants us to stay up, we'll be in the bottom three next month with the fixtures upcoming. I think i saw him in the directors area today and he'll hopefully realise something needs to be done, today was PATHETIC!

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 29 Dec 2009 01:05

Royalee Today was much worse than QPR and we actually turned up for one half at Peterborough.

In Rodgers' last 7 games we managed 11 points - slightly better than 2 from out last 3. That's 'results', or what he was supposedly sacked for, before we even get to performances and how abysmal we were today.

Three games is statistically insignificant. Especially when the new man has no opportunity to bring in new players or make significant changes. And has essentially carried on with the previous manager's selection policy.

McDermott's start is no worse than Rodgers' except McDermott's team is scoring significantly more goals (3 vs 0) albeit conceeding significantly more (6 vs 3). And of course Rodgers had an entire preseason to get to where he wanted to be before a ball was kicked in anger.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 29 Dec 2009 01:05

Compo's Hat
RG30 Slightly assuring to know his sidekick Ian Wood-Smith was sat in the away end today. There was a lot of disgruntled fans at full time and providing he was still there come the full time whistle, I would imagine JM will just be made fully aware of the booing and chanting.

He was there until the final whistle, he got evil looks from me!

It's up to Madejski now if he wants us to stay up, we'll be in the bottom three next month with the fixtures upcoming. I think i saw him in the directors area today and he'll hopefully realise something needs to be done, today was PATHETIC!

They are certainly aware of the feelings from the supporters, be in no doubt about that.