If Khizanishvili plays - will we be in trouble?

Terminal Boardom
Hob Nob Addict

Re: If Khizanishvili plays - will we be in trouble?

by Terminal Boardom » 05 Feb 2010 11:21

Once again, evidence of football being out of touch with the real world. Would this happen in any other industry? Am I allowed to work for more than two employers in a year?

I agree with the sentiments regarding Blatter and Platini. But one has to ask why the legislation is in place in the first instance. Why have FIFA got this ruling in place. That may help to clear up the confusion surrounding the legal-speak. Is it to stop the big clubs buying up all the talent and then loaning them out here and there to suit their greedy purposes?

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator
Location: No one cares about your creative hub, so get your fukcin' hedge cut

by Platypuss » 05 Feb 2010 11:22

ZacNaloen
Platypuss Football League regs say:

Temporary Loan Transfers
47.1 The temporary transfer of the registration of a Contract Player shall only be approved for a
defined period and is subject to the conditions of such temporary transfer being known to
the Player and approved by the Board prior to registration with the League.
Temporary loan transfers shall only be accepted on the prescribed form a copy of which
shall also be supplied to The Football Association. The provisions of Regulation 41 shall
not apply to such transfers.

Whats the difference between a temporary loan and a loan? :|

Good question, as "temporary loan transfers" include both short-term (emergency) and long-term (half season/full season) in the regs.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 05 Feb 2010 11:31

I think it's a case of Lolawyers :roll:

Anyway, at least the FA regs are clearer than the Fifa ones.

strap
Hob Nob Regular

by strap » 05 Feb 2010 11:31

All a storm in a teacup. If FIFA do get shirty about it, we simply accuse FIFA of operating anti-competitive restraint of trade rules, and the whole thing will be tied up in various courts and will die a death. Plus, FIFA will only take umbrage with the ruling FA, as they are the ones who allowed these deals to go through.

Bacon Double Cheese
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Lincoln, the home of quality football and Peterborough which isn't

by Bacon Double Cheese » 05 Feb 2010 11:47

Forbury Lion a few seasons back West Ham's (I think) secretary failed to note that one player had been cup tied whilst on loan to Gillingham (I think) and they fielded an illegitimate player.
Bastards :shock:

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 05 Feb 2010 11:57

I thought that the idea was that a player could only be registered to two clubs in a season, loans are not supposed to be included?????

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 'If atheism is a religion, then bald is a hair color.' -Mark Schnitzius

by ZacNaloen » 05 Feb 2010 12:05

Harpers So Solid Crew I thought that the idea was that a player could only be registered to two clubs in a season, loans are not supposed to be included?????

Read the thread already :lol:

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Feb 2010 12:08

It looks clear FIFA isn't going to be able to take any sanctions that will directly affect our league position.

BUT it seems possible / likely that Khizanishvili was not an emergency loan to us or Newcastle, which means the emergency loan get out clause doesn't help us.

Either we are potentially in trouble with FIFA or we are in trouble with FIFA & the FA & FL.

Given at the time HNA? managed to questioned this signing for these reasons, if he isn't eligible then someone needs a disciplinary at the very least.

One for STAR to raise with the club pronto IMO.

Scarface
Hob Nob Regular

by Scarface » 05 Feb 2010 12:30

If we have fcuked up and signed someone who can't play then Nicky Hammond needs sacking.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 05 Feb 2010 12:34

Scarface If we have fcuked up and signed someone who can't play then Nicky Hammond needs sacking.

Do you always make knee-jerk reactions that are totally OTT?

Silver Fox
Hob Nob Legend

by Silver Fox » 05 Feb 2010 12:45

So the situation is fine with the FA and fine with the FL, but FIFA aren't happy?

I demand sackings as this clearly jeopardises our world club championship prospects

Man Friday
Hob Nob Regular

by Man Friday » 05 Feb 2010 12:47

handbags_harris
Forbury Lion ..although a few seasons back West Ham's (I think) secretary failed to note that one player had been cup tied whilst on loan to Gillingham (I think) and they fielded an illegitimate player.

Samassi Abou.

If I said "bless you", would that be amusing?

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Feb 2010 12:58

Scarface If we have fcuked up and signed someone who can't play then Nicky Hammond needs sacking.

Actually the club secretary's job to go through the paperwork and make sure signings are done correctly and legally iirc.

Hammond does the negotiations and leg work between board, manager, player, agent and other club.

royal.badger

by royal.badger » 05 Feb 2010 13:08

Ian Royal

Actually the club secretary's job to go through the paperwork and make sure signings are done correctly and legally iirc.

Hammond does the negotiations and leg work between board, manager, player, agent and other club.

sack him anyway.

ZacNaloen
Hob Nob Addict

by ZacNaloen » 05 Feb 2010 13:18

on 17 September 2009 Zurab joined Championship football club Newcastle United on loan in a 3-month deal

Anyway, that's an emergency loan by definition innit? It's outside the transfer window.

Harpers So Solid Crew
Hob Nob Addict

by Harpers So Solid Crew » 05 Feb 2010 13:39

ZacNaloen
Harpers So Solid Crew I thought that the idea was that a player could only be registered to two clubs in a season, loans are not supposed to be included?????

Read the thread already :lol:

I am not reading all that, I am saying that I thought the idea of the two club rule was that you could only have two permanent contracts in a season, not to limit legitimate loans.

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 05 Feb 2010 14:15

ZacNaloen
on 17 September 2009 Zurab joined Championship football club Newcastle United on loan in a 3-month deal

Anyway, that's an emergency loan by definition innit? It's outside the transfer window.

Soccerbase says the loan started 17th August, but that's clearly wrong as he played for Newcastle after that.... If the loan was only 3 months then, as you say, it was an emergency loan and we're in the clear with the FL/FA.

fester_royal

by fester_royal » 05 Feb 2010 14:20

the way this seasons going, even if we're perfectly within the rules.. somehow, someway.. we'll get deducted points and a huge fine...

now hows that for glass nearly empty philosophy :lol:

Comfortably Numb

by Comfortably Numb » 05 Feb 2010 14:20

Bacon Double Cheese
Forbury Lion a few seasons back West Ham's (I think) secretary failed to note that one player had been cup tied whilst on loan to Gillingham (I think) and they fielded an illegitimate player.

showumni or summat :?:

Platypuss
Hob Nob Moderator

by Platypuss » 05 Feb 2010 14:22

Comfortably Numb
Bacon Double Cheese

showumni or summat :?:

Yep, definitely not Jay. :|