Happy to be a Reading fan again

facaldaqui
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Happy to be a Reading fan again

by facaldaqui » 08 Feb 2010 18:04

Upper West Ginger Well, Reading FC seem to be incapable of mid-table obscurity. It's a constant succession of promotion or relegation battles.

I think most of us agreed at the start of the season that we'd be happy with consolidation in mid-table. Rodgers, after he made it clear he was originally expecting a run at promotion, also came round to saying that it was a long project that would take some time. But if he thought we could rebuild in some kind of mid-table comfort zone he was mistaken. I don't think there's anywhere in the table you can relax. Either you're in contention for the play-offs and above, or you're in danger of being swallowed into a relegation fight. I'm not sure mid-table obscurity exists any longer. Even water-treading clubs such as Coventry and Sheffield Wednesday have rats up their skirts. The reality is that defeats are a luxury no one can afford.

Archie's penalty
Hob Nob Addict

by Archie's penalty » 07 Mar 2010 21:09

Looking back today was great and I feel so proud to be a Reading fan. I think we can be in the prem in 2011.

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

by PEARCEY » 07 Mar 2010 21:18

Always happy to be a Reading fan. One of the reasons why is because when going to games I always end up talking with those around me inside the ground or whilst walking to and from the game....my fellow fans nearly always come across as good, decent people. There's never any grief and its a pleasure to go and support the team.
If this squad sticks together the future looks to be good.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 07 Mar 2010 21:23

Villa knew they were in a game today, and that's all we could really ask for.

It's just gutting that 10 minutes of truly piss poor defending lost us the game.

Always proud and happy to be a Royal.