Que sera sera

PEARCEY
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Que sera sera

by PEARCEY » 15 Feb 2010 19:17

seahawk10
Far Canal An excellent summary Floyd; a pleasure to read.

+1

Someone send that in to the Evening Post.

The EP may have a problem with the Floydmeister's liberal use of the word bollocks.

Allyh84

by Allyh84 » 15 Feb 2010 21:00

floyd__streete Well, a funny thing happened to me yesterday - for the first time in a couple of seasons I thoroughly enjoyed a match at the Madejski.

Playing against a side who are absolute certs to be promoted from our division this season, a side who beat us comfortably a matter of months ago, Reading played with plenty of b*llocks.....rather than playing absolute b*llocks as has so often been the case in recent times. Down to 10 men against a very decent team we all feared the worst especially as they had out-passed us to death after their first equaliser. But Reading lifted it again, Bryn drove us forward and West Brom capitulated in having their own man sent off and then we bossed them; this was a chance to make history and our players just weren't going to allow the opposition to put us out on our home turf. Great stuff.

And the crowd weren't going to be over-awed by 4,000 travelling supporters as boisterous as those Baggies fans always are. Our drones raised their game too, as we always tend to do against a big away support, and there wasn't even a god-awful chorus of how sh*t must you be to be heard. The Albion fans were giving it the billy big-b*llocks outside the ground, but only because they had been out-shouted inside when it mattered. Some good old fashioned abuse being chanted back and forth betwee East and South stand as we all streamed away from the ground; no-one got hurt, so happy days.

Some truly memorable moments yesterday. Kebe - rather aptly for someone who moves like sh*t off a shovel - now has the honour of scoring our fastest goal ever, which was bonkers in absolutely every way. Then the Church goal; everyone rose, waited, agonised as Carson raised a hand, and went potty as the scraps were swept home. Memorable.

Of course, Reading being Reading rarely does the big ocassion have a truly happy ending but the intial disappointment at narrowly failing to get the job done yesterday is tempered by the realisaton that we get another go at it and we have the incentive of today's brilliant home draw. Of course, we have no chance in the replay.....just like we had no chance at Anfield.

83 years. Several generations of RFC fans have never seen their team get to the last 8 of the cup. You can imagine that legendary supporters such as Roy Tranter and Frank Orton would have given that a huge thumbs up yesterday. I know I certainly did.

Oh come on you love it! I am sure when everyone is singing it, you are sitting down, cross armed, frowning and shouting "leave them alone and stop being so mean!" :(

GET INVOLVED IN THE SAVAGE BANTER MATE OI OI! :twisted:

handbags_harris
Hob Nob Regular

by handbags_harris » 15 Feb 2010 22:27

Allyh84
floyde__streete And the crowd weren't going to be over-awed by 4,000 travelling supporters as boisterous as those Baggies fans always are. Our drones raised their game too, as we always tend to do against a big away support, and there wasn't even a god-awful chorus of how sh*t must you be to be heard. The Albion fans were giving it the billy big-b*llocks outside the ground, but only because they had been out-shouted inside when it mattered. Some good old fashioned abuse being chanted back and forth betwee East and South stand as we all streamed away from the ground; no-one got hurt, so happy days.

Oh come on you love it! I am sure when everyone is singing it, you are sitting down, cross armed, frowning and shouting "leave them alone and stop being so mean!" :(

But it's not really savage banter. The Southbank was all about quick witted original banter, and getting behind the team. If the best "savage banter" the East Stand can come up with is one song knicked off Fulham then Jesus, standards have plummetted over the past 11 years :|

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 15 Feb 2010 23:03

handbags_harris
Allyh84
floyde__streete And the crowd weren't going to be over-awed by 4,000 travelling supporters as boisterous as those Baggies fans always are. Our drones raised their game too, as we always tend to do against a big away support, and there wasn't even a god-awful chorus of how sh*t must you be to be heard. The Albion fans were giving it the billy big-b*llocks outside the ground, but only because they had been out-shouted inside when it mattered. Some good old fashioned abuse being chanted back and forth betwee East and South stand as we all streamed away from the ground; no-one got hurt, so happy days.

But it's not really savage banter. The Southbank was all about quick witted original banter, and getting behind the team. If the best "savage banter" the East Stand can come up with is one song knicked off Fulham then Jesus, standards have plummetted over the past 11 years :|

As it goes I think the standards have plummetted severely HH. I equally detest that song for it's association with them Putney pcunts Fulham

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 16 Feb 2010 02:33

How is it 'savage' banter?

What a tool!

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 21 Feb 2010 16:56

Having just watched the Brizzle v Brom game, you got to say that Brom looked decidedly dodgy when the two Citeh wingers were taking on their full backs.Especially matey at left back (Mattock).Looks like the court case might be playing on his mind.Kebster and Enuff's Enuff have surely got to do some serious damage.

Okay they still looked good in patches going forward but it also looked like a couple of their players picked up knocks - Dorrans included.

Should be interesting.Hopefully Maccy D will have the lads practising pens as well.It could be that tight.

themadstad

by themadstad » 21 Feb 2010 18:57

Rawlie19
Barry the bird boggler Shame we didn't get Portsmouth in the QFs then if we beat WBA and Portsmouth go bust we could have had a bye to the semis...

First person I've heard say that...

I'd rather not get to another round via a bye, so pleased that if we overcome WBA then we get to face either Aston Villa or Crystal Palace. Both are very beatable if we can continue to have good days in the cup, whereas Chelsea would have been probably the worst team to come up against. Man City are a team I'd think we'd struggle against, but then if Stoke can contain them then I'm sure we could.

Mmm, well first we need to get through by beating West Brom at Hawthornes. It's not going to happen I'm afraid, they're a fairly free scoring team at home with good movement. We should have held on at home, specially after going ahead for a second time.

For us the Sheff Weds game is big and West Brom will be confident they are going up as well as being up for a continued FA cup run after previous years where they've fallen right at the end!

The Cap
Hob Nob Regular

by The Cap » 21 Feb 2010 19:05

Free scoring or not, when we went to their place in the league we took the lead and if it hadn't been for Enuff's Enuff making a balls up of his back pass we could have been 1-0 to the good at half time. And let's face it we now have the man Griffin playing at right back in place of Short Cummings.

It's the Cup and anyway who'd have given us much chance away to the 'Pool?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 21 Feb 2010 19:08

WBA are a better team away from home. Absorb the pressure, get at them on the counter-attack, we may just do this.

It will not be the end of the world if we don't though.

themadstad

by themadstad » 21 Feb 2010 19:11

The Cap Free scoring or not, when we went to their place in the league we took the lead and if it hadn't been for Enuff's Enuff making a balls up of his back pass we could have been 1-0 to the good at half time. And let's face it we now have the man Griffin playing at right back in place of Short Cummings.

It's the Cup and anyway who'd have given us much chance away to the 'Pool?

We took the lead twice at our place and still failed to win the game. Yes WR you're right it won't be the end of the world.
Last edited by themadstad on 21 Feb 2010 19:13, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 21 Feb 2010 19:12

Did the players already have their minds on the replay? The last time we put in that sort of poor performance it was Plymouth, just before the first Liverpool game.

I can see a bit of a reaction to that display to be honest.

rg6royal
Hob Nob Regular

by rg6royal » 21 Feb 2010 19:19

I watched the game on BBC today and it's clear WBA are a very good side but yes I agree Kebe and McAnuff have potential to do alot of damage on those wings.

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Feb 2010 20:51

WBA are looking to beat us in the replay. Bad times.

Rax

by Rax » 21 Feb 2010 20:59

Is the replay on TV?

I was there at Elm Park

by I was there at Elm Park » 21 Feb 2010 21:04

Rax Is the replay on TV?

No.

Wycombe Royal
Hob Nob Addict

by Wycombe Royal » 21 Feb 2010 21:30

FiNeRaIn WBA are looking to beat us in the replay. Bad times.

You sound surprised?

Do they often go into matches looking to lose then?

FiNeRaIn
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by FiNeRaIn » 21 Feb 2010 22:07

Wycombe Royal

You sound surprised?

:lol: I just thought id make a stupid, pointless comment out of boredom really.

Avon Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by Avon Royal » 21 Feb 2010 22:12

rg6royal I watched the game on BBC today and it's clear WBA are a very good side but yes I agree Kebe and McAnuff have potential to do alot of damage on those wings.

Kebe and McAnuff have been damaging on the wings for most of the season...................

Compo's Hat
Hob Nob Regular

by Compo's Hat » 22 Feb 2010 03:13

Avon Royal
rg6royal I watched the game on BBC today and it's clear WBA are a very good side but yes I agree Kebe and McAnuff have potential to do alot of damage on those wings.

Kebe and McAnuff have been damaging on the wings for most of the season...................

We should of got the ball out to them more in the first tie, it was clear then that the wingers had the pace to get round the back of the full backs.

Royal With Cheese
Hob Nob Addict

by Royal With Cheese » 22 Feb 2010 09:10

FiNeRaIn
Wycombe Royal

You sound surprised?

:lol: I just thought id make a stupid, pointless comment out of boredom really.

Spacey has that position well and truly sewn up.