Back From The Game - Watford; Thoroughly Deflated

130 posts
MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

Re: Back From The Game - Watford; Thoroughly Deflated

by MmmMonsterMunch » 24 Apr 2010 18:49

lowerwestjnr
MmmMonsterMunch Get a grip you suicidal lot. Watford had everything to play for in front of their home fans - we had nothing to play for.

Only ever going to be one winner today. We have a shite record there anyway.

This team has done phenomenally well since BM took over. They can't play brilliant every week & perhaps adrenaline has been keeping them going thus far. Now they have nothing to play for, it's inevitable they will take their foot off the gas. So fecking what?!

LOL at slagging off Griffin. Some people on here crack me up.

feck off you pLOLastic pcunt.. After watching trash like that we can criticise our players. And yes i never liked Griffin so i can slag him off when he plays like he did.

Infact did you even go today?

So one bad game undoes all the good work up til today does it?

Time of the month darling?! You can buy herbal pills for that :lol:

No I didn't go today - that ok with you?

John Madejski's Wallet
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Anyone who lives within their means shows a serious lack of imagination

by John Madejski's Wallet » 24 Apr 2010 18:49

lowerwestjnr And yes i never liked Griffin.

What kind of a retard are you for heavens sake?? :shock:

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 24 Apr 2010 18:50

Super_horns I must say you should have had a penalty at 0-0 when Taylor pushed Church (?) down with a rugby style tackle

I think hat was Sigurdsson wasn't it?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 24 Apr 2010 18:52

McDermott out! :wink:

dantheloyalroyal

by dantheloyalroyal » 24 Apr 2010 18:54

RoyalBlue To 'Sue' who rang BBCRB to say we shouldn't have a go at the players - I bet you weren't at the game were you?!
To be fair, she was right. We do need to hold onto Jobi McIntyre.

As for Griffin, let's not get carried away. He's been absolutely fantastic since coming, so it was inevitable he'd make a mistake eventually. Wouldn't have mattered had he not, nor Long clear the ball properly, nor had someone won one of the headers leading to the first goal, the team was never going to produce anything in front of goal and Watford would've put away any one of a number of any chances.

RoyalBlue
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber
Location: Developed a pathological hatred of snakes on 14/10/19

by RoyalBlue » 24 Apr 2010 18:54

SLAMMED
Super_horns I must say you should have had a penalty at 0-0 when Taylor pushed Church (?) down with a rugby style tackle

I think hat was Sigurdsson wasn't it?

Long, I believe and confirmed by him in interview afterwards.

As one of my kids plays for Watford's youngsters, I am in many ways glad they stayed up, albeit disappointed in the way we gifted them survival. The other downside is that we have got to witness some more dire performances/games against Watford next season!!

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 24 Apr 2010 18:56

It's worth it, just for the pub/bbq combo again :D

Joe 90

by Joe 90 » 24 Apr 2010 18:58

quote]To be fair, she was right. We do need to hold onto Jobi McIntyre.
quote]

Anuff said

:D

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 24 Apr 2010 18:59

They are a bogey team for us.... Even with a ghost goal we can't beat 'em at Vicarage Road it seems!

brendywendy
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by brendywendy » 24 Apr 2010 19:03

Lol at gay reading fans whingeing about a nothing game. Watford wanted it more.ref helped. Oh well. And lol at kebe falling over about 3 times, on his own, miles from anyone.

LoyalRoyalFan
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyalFan » 24 Apr 2010 19:06

Super_horns Yes there wasn't much effort from you guys once we took the lead (sure I saw Nigel Gibbs get a fiver from GT and Mackay after the game..;) )

Very good support with all those inflatables...

I must say you should have had a penalty at 0-0 when Taylor pushed Church (?) down with a rugby style tackle...bare in mind the 2 penalties against us in previous games for nothing!

Anyway see you next season.

Well done on staying up.

Dirk Gently
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Dirk Gently » 24 Apr 2010 19:09

Yeah - mentally the season ended for our players in Scunny on Tuesday, so they just went through the motions today.

But while it was end of term for us it meant something for Watford, so was never going to be a proper contest.

You'd have hoped that our players had a bit more professional pride than that - but sadly not.

Most interesting thing was watching Mills & Feds square up to each other after the first goal - with what looked very much like Mills shouting at Feds "Why didn't you use your f***ing hands?"

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 24 Apr 2010 19:10

dantheloyalroyal
RoyalBlue To 'Sue' who rang BBCRB to say we shouldn't have a go at the players - I bet you weren't at the game were you?!
To be fair, she was right. We do need to hold onto Jobi McIntyre.

Who :|

urz_1871

by urz_1871 » 24 Apr 2010 19:13

Well that was a pile of shite. Don't think any of the players put a decent shift in today. Then again I was in row bb right in the front row and didn't have the best of views behind the goal.

Also got a ball smashed in the side of my head during the warm up. Still have a headache!!!

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 24 Apr 2010 19:14

MmmMonsterMunch
lowerwestjnr
MmmMonsterMunch Get a grip you suicidal lot. Watford had everything to play for in front of their home fans - we had nothing to play for.

Only ever going to be one winner today. We have a shite record there anyway.

This team has done phenomenally well since BM took over. They can't play brilliant every week & perhaps adrenaline has been keeping them going thus far. Now they have nothing to play for, it's inevitable they will take their foot off the gas. So fecking what?!

LOL at slagging off Griffin. Some people on here crack me up.

feck off you pLOLastic pcunt.. After watching trash like that we can criticise our players. And yes i never liked Griffin so i can slag him off when he plays like he did.

Infact did you even go today?

So one bad game undoes all the good work up til today does it?

Time of the month darling?! You can buy herbal pills for that :lol:

No I didn't go today - that ok with you?

You like to presume everyone's a girl on here, calling people Dear and Darling? Why even post on a thread where it says Back from the game? I'm not saying it undoes all the good work, but for us to put out such a poor performance against an average, if not below average Watford side we are then entitled to moan on here, and say what/who was bad.. I did not once boo or have a go at our players today, i clapped and sung until the end, as i am, as well as everyone else, mightly relieved we turned out season round.. and i am proud of the way we did it. Just don't forget at the end of the day, these guys are getting paid a lot of money up until the season ends. They should atleast work their hardest till that season ends.

@Ian, I'm a retard for standing out and saying Griffin is sh!t, and that i never or will like him? Were they singing that Virgin song at you at the end? Or had you left by then.

SLAMMED
Hob Nob Addict

by SLAMMED » 24 Apr 2010 19:24

Do you have a justified reason for not liking him?

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 24 Apr 2010 19:24

You like to presume everyone's a girl on here, calling people Dear and Darling?

Just doing it to annoy you TBH. Besides - You are a girl aren't you? Judging by the huge bout of PMT you are displaying.....

Yes you are a retard for thinking Griffin is shit. Actually you sound like a retard regardless of that...

Very naive to think an end of season nothing game will have the same intensity as some of our previous games that actually meant something. Add to the pot a set of home fans who hate us & need the win to stay up - the result or performance is not very surprising.

Thou Voice

by Thou Voice » 24 Apr 2010 19:28

urz_1871 Well that was a pile of shite. Don't think any of the players put a decent shift in today. Then again I was in row bb right in the front row and didn't have the best of views behind the goal.

Also got a ball smashed in the side of my head during the warm up. Still have a headache!!!

...did you not duck?

A ball is fairly large and pretty easy to keep an eye on.

DO YOU SEE? :shock:

1871 Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by 1871 Royal » 24 Apr 2010 19:31

Thou Voice
urz_1871 Well that was a pile of shite. Don't think any of the players put a decent shift in today. Then again I was in row bb right in the front row and didn't have the best of views behind the goal.

DO YOU SEE? :shock:

He obviously didn't

LWJ
Hob Nob Addict
Location: Hobnob Prediction League Champion 2011/2012, 2020/2021

by LWJ » 24 Apr 2010 19:33

SLAMMED Do you have a justified reason for not liking him?

Just his overall manner, i never liked him when he was at stoke, just one of those players that you dislike for no apparent reason. Just like i don't like Rasiak, and will be happy when he leaves. Also i don't think he is a very talented player, and would rather have Murty than him. (if we had the choice)

MmmMonsterMunch You like to presume everyone's a girl on here, calling people Dear and Darling?

Just doing it to annoy you TBH. Besides - You are a girl aren't you? Judging by the huge bout of PMT you are displaying.....

Yes you are a retard for thinking Griffin is shit. Actually you sound like a retard regardless of that...

Very naive to think an end of season nothing game will have the same intensity as some of our previous games that actually meant something. Add to the pot a set of home fans who hate us & need the win to stay up - the result or performance is not very surprising.

130 posts