Federici wants New Deal.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

Re: Federici wants New Deal.

by Ian Royal » 13 Jun 2010 12:10

Yeah, Fed is all about buying time for one of the three we have in the wings to become ready.

Hamer is the only one with enough first team games under his belt, and virtually all of his are at conference or league two level, which is a very very big step up to make. 'Keeping is as much about experience and nerve as skills IMO. Hamer needs experience at a higher level, McCarthy and Andersen need more games at a similar level to the ones they've already got.

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 14 Jun 2010 09:34

Royalee McCarthy is in the U21's squad and Hamer has been involved in a promotion with Brentford and was voted player of the year which is very hard to win for a keeper.

And Federici is taking part in the World Cup.....

T.R.O.L.I.
Hob Nob Addict
Location: 2 down, far right - Still recovering from the weekend's excesses

by T.R.O.L.I. » 14 Jun 2010 13:08

LOL at Schwarzer being a "disaster keeper" - played in the Premiership / Premier League for a lot more seasons than Federici has so I guess he can't be that bad :lol:

Row Z Royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: LOLandmarks come and go. There'll only ever be one "Clickety Clique"

by Row Z Royal » 14 Jun 2010 13:34

Ideal
Sun Tzu
Royalee McCarthy is in the U21's squad and Hamer has been involved in a promotion with Brentford and was voted player of the year which is very hard to win for a keeper.

..and judging by the standard of Australia's goalkeeping, must be doing really badly in order to be 2nd choice behind that disaster keeper..

:facepalm

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 14 Jun 2010 16:49

Ideal
Sun Tzu

..and judging by the standard of Australia's goalkeeping, must be doing really badly in order to be 2nd choice behind that disaster keeper..

Oh dear.

If there was anyone left who took your posts seriously (and let's face it, it's unlikely), you've just lost them.

Big Foot
Hob Nob Addict

by Big Foot » 15 Jun 2010 08:33

Ideal Nobody can deny that Schwarzer made a terrible mistake on the one german goal, where he comes out to collect a cross, doesn't get there in time and the German puts the ball in the net.
Schwarzer has been known to make mistakes before, so it surprises me that it's suddenly not common knowledge now that I point it out.
I just think it's odd that the Australians go with the team selection that they do.

So you're saying Federici should be starting ahead of Schwarzer? :lol:

Sun Tzu
Hob Nob Regular

by Sun Tzu » 15 Jun 2010 09:27

Ideal Nobody can deny that Schwarzer made a terrible mistake on the one german goal, where he comes out to collect a cross, doesn't get there in time and the German puts the ball in the net.
Schwarzer has been known to make mistakes before, so it surprises me that it's suddenly not common knowledge now that I point it out.
I just think it's odd that the Australians go with the team selection that they do.

Substitute the name of any keeper ever in there ....

Keepers make mistakes, all keepers make mistakes.

That doesn't stop someone who has been playing at a high level for many years being a good keeper.

And it doesn;t make someone who has just broken into first team football, let alone international football, a failure for not grabbing a starting place at the World Cup ahead of a vastly experienced player.

But let's not be realistic about it.

RobRoyal
Hob Nob Regular

by RobRoyal » 15 Jun 2010 10:11

Nobody is denying that, what we're denying is that the mistakes he had made make him a "disaster keeper." Anyone who has watched Premiership football over the last few years will know he's amongst the top keepers in the division.

You may as well say that Federici's mistake away to West Brom means we should have put Hamer in.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 15 Jun 2010 18:50

I'd argue it wasn't terrible keeping anyway. Not worthy of such a strong term. Poor only. If that's terrible where the hell do you go from there to describe Green's effort?

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 05 Jan 2011 12:30

Instead of creating a new thread, it finally seems like this is getting somewhere:
http://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/readingfc/s/2084955_federici_set_to_agree_new_reading_fc_deal
Good news.

leww_rfc
Hob Nob Regular

by leww_rfc » 05 Jan 2011 12:33

Terrific news!

silas
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by silas » 05 Jan 2011 12:54

Basically a one year contract extension. Surely we should offer him more than that? We will be in the same situation this time next season

Hoop Blah
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Hoop Blah » 05 Jan 2011 14:09

silas Basically a one year contract extension. Surely we should offer him more than that? We will be in the same situation this time next season

He holds all the cards though and probably only wants a 1 year deal.

loyalroyal4life
Hob Nob Addict

by loyalroyal4life » 05 Jan 2011 14:31

Least he has a higher buy out clause in this contract which will serve us well when he departs in the summer

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 05 Jan 2011 14:45

Ian Royal
One of Hamer, McCarthy and Andersen probably will be better than Federici, in the future. But the fact is Federici is the best 'keeper we have at the moment. Hamer needs games at League One after a season sitting on the bench. He's only played at League Two and looked very nervy in his one appearance.

Why do you say this? On what basis do you make your judgment?

Have you been a professional goalkeeper or coach?

Kitson12
Hob Nob Regular

by Kitson12 » 05 Jan 2011 15:01

I don't think Hamer has a hope of getting near the first team, he hasn't exactly convinced me in the dozen or so games I've seen him in.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 05 Jan 2011 16:25

Snowball
Ian Royal
One of Hamer, McCarthy and Andersen probably will be better than Federici, in the future. But the fact is Federici is the best 'keeper we have at the moment. Hamer needs games at League One after a season sitting on the bench. He's only played at League Two and looked very nervy in his one appearance.

You really are a petty little man.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 05 Jan 2011 17:44

Ian Royal
Snowball
Ian Royal

You really are a petty little man.

Nothing PETTY about it. You deliberately BOLD that "will" as if it's written in stone, and act as if you actually understand goalkeepingl

I have absolutely NO specific reason for being able to say ANY of our back-up keepers "probably WILL be better" ( I notice, as usual you hedge every bet you post by adding "probably").

Face it you know absolutely nothing about what characteristics in a young keeper mean he'll be a top keeper in his mid-twenties.

For them to be clearly BETTER than Federici means they will be Premiership quality.

They MAY be, but because I have not been a goalkeeper or a goalkeeping coach I'm not dumb enough to pontificate about them.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 05 Jan 2011 17:45

Kitson12 I don't think Hamer has a hope of getting near the first team, he hasn't exactly convinced me in the dozen or so games I've seen him in.

You catch that Ian?

peterroyal76
Hob Nob Regular
Location: North stand B13.......where all the empty seats are!

by peterroyal76 » 05 Jan 2011 17:54

Snowball
Kitson12 I don't think Hamer has a hope of getting near the first team, he hasn't exactly convinced me in the dozen or so games I've seen him in.

You catch that Ian?

Snowball I think that sometimes you are treated unfairly on here. You have your opinions and you're prepared to back them(sometimes I agree other times not), which I applaud you for, even though the grief you get is sometimes a bit too personal.
HOWEVER I do believe you are acting petty over this.