Fulham Match Thread Sponsored By Michael Jackson

206 posts
namroyal

Re: Fulham Match Thread Sponsored By Michael Jackson

by namroyal » 28 Oct 2012 14:45

I was as confused as most people on here as to why Kebe didn't try to beat Riise yesterday, but rather than criticising him - I am more wondering whether he'd received instructions not to try it. Reason being - we seem to be playing with a style so not to over-commit when attacking - so even if Kebe did get past his man, he wouldn't have much to aim at in the box. Also, Richardson had a great game yesterday - and if Kebe lost out to Riise, Cummings would have found himself 1 on 1 with Richardson, and I'm wondering whether this was some kind of tactical effort to protect Cummings.

Either way, I'd would have liked to have seen Kebe take on Riise at least once or twice - but he is a very experienced LB, and I'm not convinced he would have got round him too easily. I still don't think he had the rubbish game everyone here thinks he did.... I think he was doing what was asked of him - which to a large extent was doubling up on Richardson with Cummings, which with Riise handy getting forward as well - I think was the right tactic. Question is should we have rolled the dice a bit more going forward...?

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 28 Oct 2012 18:58

parky
Ill admit it is almost as if we bought a player simply because he was good and Russian and not because he fitted how we play. He is not getting the service he needs from anyone other than Guthrie.

Not sure how you work that one out about guthrie being the only one giving him service.??

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 28 Oct 2012 19:01

RoyalBlue
MmmMonsterMunch
Ian Royal Ah, you've decided to come back now we're shit again. Hard to criticise the management of the club and team when things are going well I spose.

My thoughts entirely. I'd rather play head tennis for 90 mins than have that prize cock Rodgers in charge here.

I damn well wouldn't! That 'prize cock Rodgers' will continue to ram the words of his critics back down their throats and out of their posteriors!

we were going down, playing daft football, he kept making mental decisions, and falling out with players cos he was being mental.
whatever you think about him, and whether hes a good manager- surely you must admit that we got shot at the right time, it wasnt working out, and the decision has been nothing but good for us ever since

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Oct 2012 20:05

Indeed. What Rodgers does elsewhere changes how things were going for us with him in charge not a jot.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 28 Oct 2012 20:06

Indeed. What Rodgers does elsewhere changes how things were going for us with him in charge and how we've done since not a jot.

WestRoyal

by WestRoyal » 28 Oct 2012 20:20

namroyal I was as confused as most people on here as to why Kebe didn't try to beat Riise yesterday, but rather than criticising him - I am more wondering whether he'd received instructions not to try it. Reason being - we seem to be playing with a style so not to over-commit when attacking - so even if Kebe did get past his man, he wouldn't have much to aim at in the box. Also, Richardson had a great game yesterday - and if Kebe lost out to Riise, Cummings would have found himself 1 on 1 with Richardson, and I'm wondering whether this was some kind of tactical effort to protect Cummings.

Either way, I'd would have liked to have seen Kebe take on Riise at least once or twice - but he is a very experienced LB, and I'm not convinced he would have got round him too easily. I still don't think he had the rubbish game everyone here thinks he did.... I think he was doing what was asked of him - which to a large extent was doubling up on Richardson with Cummings, which with Riise handy getting forward as well - I think was the right tactic. Question is should we have rolled the dice a bit more going forward...?

Are you being serious..??! So out of all the wingers kebe being the quickest was the only one that was told not to get at his man and stretch the opposition creating space for others. BM being the type of managers who loves playing with width. Hmmm.... I don't think so. Whether your marker is hard to get round or not you have to try and commit him indirectly if not directly and not make it easy for for him.

206 posts