SIGNED - Stephen Kelly

308 posts
genome
Hob Nob Legend

Re: SIGNED - Stephen Kelly

by genome » 11 Jan 2013 21:52

blythspartan Happy with this signing. My Manager is a Fulham season ticket holder and says that if he gets regular football he will be a very good signing for us.

Why are some people underwhelmed? It wasn't that long a go that some of us were worrying that the Karl Sheppard deal might fall through.

A marquee signing would be great but only if they want to play for us and give their all. I am convinced that BM etc. would love to announce that we have signed someone like Arshavin but the player has got to want to come here.

Because some people are having delusions of grandeur and getting disappointed when we aren't signing Welbeck, Arshavin and Lampard.

edinburghroyal

by edinburghroyal » 11 Jan 2013 21:53

Is he related to Julian Kelly?

winchester_royal
Hob Nob Super-Addict
Location: How many Spaniards does it take to change a bulb? Just Juan.

by winchester_royal » 11 Jan 2013 22:03

genome
blythspartan Happy with this signing. My Manager is a Fulham season ticket holder and says that if he gets regular football he will be a very good signing for us.

Why are some people underwhelmed? It wasn't that long a go that some of us were worrying that the Karl Sheppard deal might fall through.

A marquee signing would be great but only if they want to play for us and give their all. I am convinced that BM etc. would love to announce that we have signed someone like Arshavin but the player has got to want to come here.

Because some people are having delusions of grandeur and getting disappointed when we aren't signing Welbeck, Arshavin and Lampard.

Indeed.

Anton coming in has turned some of our fans into properly spoiled brats tbh.

SCIAG
Hob Nob Addict

by SCIAG » 11 Jan 2013 22:08

edinburghroyal Is he related to Julian Kelly?

I don't think he's related to Julian and Oliver, or Liam.

WestRoyal

Re: Rumour - Stephen Kelly

by WestRoyal » 11 Jan 2013 22:46

urz13
pea
Ian Royal 2) One good game when we had no alternatives makes you think he's seen as a potential winger? When he's not actually that good going forward as a full back?

Just because he doesn't go forward much doesn't mean he's not good at it. I'd say that Cummings is a far better crosser of the ball than any of our four wingers.

Disagree. When Kebe has time he delivers a good ball 90% of the time. However, he's also always looking to get a ball in so sometimes puts a slightly poorer one in when under pressure or from difficult positions. I'd say he's our best crosser by far. HRK second, McAnuff 3rd and crossing isn't one of mcClearys strengths, so him fourth

I think McCleary is the best dribbler and beats his man more often than not with quick feet and trickery. Kebe does as well but its more of a foot race so needs more space in behind. Ive seen McCleary deliver fantastic crosses so I dont think he is as bad as people make out on here. Jobi is the best crosser when there is time and hrk is the best crosser when there isn't.

Cummings on the wing wouldn't work that often bar the odd game because probability would allow it to. You don't always have to beat your man to deliver a cross but more often than not you need to beat your man to create the angle for a dangerous cross and Cummings doesn't strike me as the type of player to do that on a regular basis. Also wingers who can run at defenders with the ball in total control at pace(not kick and rush) stretch teams and creat space in behind them for the midfield to operate. Prime eg was McCleary v stoke when he came on hence why the game flipped on its head.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 11 Jan 2013 22:49

Think a good signing but do we really need another right back?

Would like to have seen a forward or attacking mid to be honest

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 11 Jan 2013 22:53

ManchesterRoyals Think a good signing but do we really need another right back?

Have you not been watching the two clowns that currently try to play there ?

Jay o/

by Jay o/ » 11 Jan 2013 22:55

He plays right and left back.

ManchesterRoyals
Hob Nob Regular

by ManchesterRoyals » 11 Jan 2013 23:01

72 bus

Have you not been watching the two clowns that currently try to play there ?

Yep shocking both of them

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 11 Jan 2013 23:22

It does make you think what a waste of bloody money Gunter was! Wasn't he £1.5-2m ish?

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 12 Jan 2013 00:02

Jay o/

He plays right and left back.

Yeah, WTF would we want another right back when the two we've got have been showing all season (Cummings may improve in time) that they are not good enough for this level and have cost us dearly at times?

Meanwhile, we are blessed with 2 former international left backs fighting it out for a starting place and this (perish the thought :| ) may have something to with us showing no inclination to sign a third.

Well done to everyone concerned for addressing this obvious priority by signing as good a right back as anyone in their right mind ( :roll: ) could have dared to hope for, given our league position.

No Fixed Abode

by No Fixed Abode » 12 Jan 2013 00:07

I've heard Gunter is going to be on his way in the Summer, so this signing makes sense.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 12 Jan 2013 00:14

No Fixed Abode I've heard Gunter is going to be on his way in the Summer, so this signing makes sense.

Good. Worst signing of the summer IMO.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 12 Jan 2013 00:20

Gunter the *unter can do one, absolute toilet right back

Jink

by Jink » 12 Jan 2013 00:35

This new signing can play LB as well as RB that makes even more sense with the lack of pace at the back there.

Barry the bird boggler
Hob Nob Addict

by Barry the bird boggler » 12 Jan 2013 07:53

So what's the consensus here chaps? Should we get excited about a 29 year old who has managed 44 apps for Fulham in 3 years - just 2 this season - (overall 196 apps in 10 years) and hasn't scored since 04/05

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 12 Jan 2013 08:07

Hello Boys, Good to see the SDR fans are out in force. Stephen Kelly another mega signing. McDonet said he wanted someone who could hit the ground running. Kelly has played 2 games this season. Should be fit by the end of March. What a joker McDonet is and completely clueless. Time to go. Time for change. Out and I mean outttttt

The Real Sandhurst Royal
Hob Nob Regular

by The Real Sandhurst Royal » 12 Jan 2013 08:17

This signing for me just confirms what the fans have thought about Cummings and Gunters performance this season at right back.

Well done Brian!!

Sir Dodger Royal
Location: Cyberspace - pulling the strings. You know it makes sense.

by Sir Dodger Royal » 12 Jan 2013 08:32

You pay peanuts and you get monkeys. Is Kelly any better? Only time will tell. By then we will be relegated and hopefully McDonet will have been sackedddd

The Royal

by The Royal » 12 Jan 2013 08:43

Any idea what the fee was likely to be? 1.5 mil???

308 posts