SJM - Minutes silence vs Liverpool

335 posts
Mintona

Re: SJM - Minutes silence vs Liverpool

by Mintona » 10 Apr 2013 18:39

Tokyo Sex Whale
Mintona If Liverpool fans want to disrespect one of this country's finest leaders then we should disrespect them back by singing some songs such as '96 it wasn't enough' and 'oxf*rd off with your 96'.

Too strong for your second post, but good try Jay.

Sorry, I'm not Jay.

P!ssed Off
Hob Nob Regular

by P!ssed Off » 10 Apr 2013 18:40

Anfield Kopite
ankeny The really sad thing about Thatcher is that she was ever born

There. fixed it for you.
However I actually agree with a lot of Brig's post.

Can't you just wish that she never entered politics? Seems a less extreme, more reasonable wish.

In fact outside of politics, as a scientist, she made a reasonable contribution to society, something to do with the development of soft ice cream iirc

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 10 Apr 2013 18:50

P!ssed Off
Anfield Kopite
ankeny The really sad thing about Thatcher is that she was ever born

There. fixed it for you.
However I actually agree with a lot of Brig's post.

Can't you just wish that she never entered politics? Seems a less extreme, more reasonable wish.

In fact outside of politics, as a scientist, she made a reasonable contribution to society, something to do with the development of soft ice cream iirc

Of course you are right. I wish she had never entered into politics.

ankeny
Hob Nob Regular

by ankeny » 10 Apr 2013 19:49

I wished she had never entered this planet.

Cobi
Hob Nob Regular

by Cobi » 10 Apr 2013 20:21

To a LFC fan (@HonourableAlert) on Twitter

Royal Lady
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Royal Lady » 10 Apr 2013 20:35

Well, I'll be paying respects to both the Liverpool fans and Mrs T when I give a minute's silence. Thanking you.

Royal Prince

by Royal Prince » 10 Apr 2013 20:53

If Thatcher was so influential in English clubs being banned from European cup competitions, then I guess you could argue that without her we would never have won the Simod Cup.

Just a thought.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 10 Apr 2013 21:02

Royal Prince If Thatcher was so influential in English clubs being banned from European cup competitions, then I guess you could argue that without her we would never have won the Simod Cup.

Just a thought.

I actually do not think that she was that instrumental in getting English clubs banned from Europe. Fans of English clubs were a pain in the arse both home and abroad. Wanting to fight all the time. The behaviour of 'fans' supporting the national team was even worse. Whenever England played away to another European nation the English would try to wreck the town on the night before the game. Usually lobster pink, from spending the day on the piss in the European sun, fat bastards who thought they were being patriotic by picking fights with the locals and smashing up bars etc. By the mid 80s the rest of Europe were sick to death of it and talk of bans had been on the agenda for a while. Then Heysel happened and we were banned with Liverpool quite rightly because of Heysel getting extra.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Apr 2013 21:06

Royal Prince If Thatcher was so influential in English clubs being banned from European cup competitions, then I guess you could argue that without her we would never have won the Simod Cup.

Just a thought.

Hurrah for Thatcher and her crucial role in securing Reading their first and so far only ever win at Wembley.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 10 Apr 2013 21:08

sandman

Just a thought.

Hurrah for Thatcher and her crucial role in securing Reading their first and so far only ever win at Wembley.

worthy of a minutes applause Shirley :D

Brig106

by Brig106 » 10 Apr 2013 21:12

Just a thought.

Thatcher had no influence for English clubs being banned from Europe; that responsibility lays with the English thugs that toured Europe at the time and Liverpool hooligans (not to be confused with genuine Liverpool fans) for sure. I dare say she was embarrassed like most normal people that it happened at all. But yes, you're correct that had Heysel never happened, the simod (or full members) cup would never have been introduced. Personally, despite a great day, I would rather that the Italian supporters that died, were still alive.

Barney
Hob Nob Regular

by Barney » 10 Apr 2013 21:31

To Kes and the 'pool fans on this site:

Liverpool and Chelsea just about sum up everything WRONG in the football league over the last few decades.

Horrible clubs. Horrible fans. Blinkered views. Add NOTHING to ANYTHING. Waste of space. Spout rubbish. Short-sighted.

Most fans of all other clubs name either/both Liverpool and Chelsea as clubs MOST HATED. Go figure you muppets.

Liverpool/Chelsea: Dreadful, horrible, hated, blinkered, garbage, atrocious, cringe-worthy clubs.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 10 Apr 2013 21:35

Barney To Kes and the 'pool fans on this site:

Liverpool and Chelsea just about sum up everything WRONG in the football league over the last few decades.

Horrible clubs. Horrible fans. Blinkered views. Add NOTHING to ANYTHING. Waste of space. Spout rubbish. Short-sighted.

Most fans of all other clubs name either/both Liverpool and Chelsea as clubs MOST HATED. Go figure you muppets.

Liverpool/Chelsea: Dreadful, horrible, hated, blinkered, garbage, atrocious, cringe-worthy clubs.

I am not blinkered at all. Read this page and my recent post on whether Thatcher was instrumental on us getting banned from Europe. I also know quite a few who have Liverpool as there 'second team'. But calling me a muppet, ouch it hurts.

Scutterbucketz
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Scutterbucketz » 10 Apr 2013 21:46

Brig106 Personally, despite a great day, I would rather that the Italian supporters that died, were still alive.

Call yourself a fan!?!

retro_royal

by retro_royal » 10 Apr 2013 21:47

What they should do is announce it as a minutes silence for Hillsborough, then afterwards the announcer says "Thanks to all the supporters for observing the minutes silence as a mark of respect for the late Baroness Thatcher. Today's silence was sponsored by The Sun, and by 'Giustizia per Heysel', you scouse bastards."

Victor Meldrew
Hob Nob Addict

by Victor Meldrew » 10 Apr 2013 21:48

Hate and envy are terrible things.

Anfield Kopite

by Anfield Kopite » 10 Apr 2013 21:50

retro_royal What they should do is announce it as a minutes silence for Hillsborough, then afterwards the announcer says "Thanks to all the supporters for observing the minutes silence as a mark of respect for the late Baroness Thatcher. Today's silence was sponsored by The Sun, and by 'Giustizia per Heysel', you scouse bastards."

Should they really ? How sensible that would be.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 10 Apr 2013 21:53

Victor Meldrew

Hate and envy are terrible things.

Genuine question. Who will you be supporting on Saturday?

Para Handy

by Para Handy » 10 Apr 2013 22:08

Before the resident LIverpool fans get too over excited...

I'm guessing most Reading fans think this a clusterfuck of a situation and one that could/should have been avoided whatever your political opinion.

For me, I honestly couldn't believe the earlier messages in this thread suggesting that we might hold a minutes silence for Maggie. Not because I dislike her (which I confess I do), but because I don't really see the significance of doing so. It never occurred to me that Reading would even consider holding a minutes silence for someone that a) had nothing do with the club b) wasn't exactly a friend of football and c) isn't a serving PM and let's face it isn't actually a national disaster (that she's died).

Just another brick in the wall for me though.

Snowball
Hob Nob Legend

by Snowball » 10 Apr 2013 22:31

Cobi To a LFC fan (@HonourableAlert) on Twitter

I had an identical reply.

Note how it blurs the intent

335 posts