Pogrebnyak

964 posts
LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

Re: Pogrebnyak

by LoyalRoyal22 » 15 Aug 2013 16:18

Last straw for me. Wish we could sell him ASAP. Nobody wants him, he is playing at his level in the Championship now, who does he think he is?

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 15 Aug 2013 16:36

Michael Meaker Anyone who continues to defend this guy as (a) a good player and (b) a player they want to play for the club is crazy. The sooner we get him off our wage bill the better.

+1 .Patience has run out.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 15 Aug 2013 16:41

LOL @ people who have only just given up on him. This is the third time he's come out and said something like this. The rest of us knew he was long gone months ago. :roll:

Mike Hunt
Hob Nob Regular

by Mike Hunt » 15 Aug 2013 16:42

blueroyals LOL @ people who have only just given up on him. This is the third time he's come out and said something like this. The rest of us knew he was long gone months ago. :roll:

Problem is, I still cannot see anyone come in for him.

So, I guess it will happen in the last hour of the transfer window...

Royalwaster
Hob Nob Regular

by Royalwaster » 15 Aug 2013 16:47

Problem is that he's not long gone ....

tee peg
Hob Nob Regular

by tee peg » 15 Aug 2013 16:55

blueroyals LOL @ people who have only just given up on him. This is the third time he's come out and said something like this. The rest of us knew he was long gone months ago. :roll:

bully for you.

72 bus
Hob Nob Regular

by 72 bus » 15 Aug 2013 17:01

Nothing wrong with Pogrebnyak.
It's the rest of the team that gave him no service and never tried to fit their game around his.
Strong, mobile, great in the air, the team just never understood his game, best striker we have had for a long time.

Rollerbob

by Rollerbob » 15 Aug 2013 17:03

Still think he could do a job this year for us.

But lets face it, he's not getting game time, he's not looking up for it, this article has been published.... He's off.

yappy

by yappy » 15 Aug 2013 17:10

72 bus Nothing wrong with Pogrebnyak.
It's the rest of the team that gave him no service and never tried to fit their game around his.
Strong, mobile, great in the air, the team just never understood his game, best striker we have had for a long time.

Yeah I agree, all of our players should completely alter their games to make a mediocre player look a tiny bit better.

We've played long ball under McDermott, short passing under Adkins and nothing has shown me that Pog is our best striker. Le Fondre doesn't seem to have too many difficulties with the service he gets, so I don't really agree with the service argument. He's our highest earner and it's clear he doesn't want to be here either, it would definitely be in the best interests of Pog & the club that he goes.

One8Seven1

by One8Seven1 » 15 Aug 2013 17:41

That's why he wins so many balls in the air. Oh.

sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by sandman » 15 Aug 2013 17:48

"great in the air"

Or at least he would be if he actually jumped for the bloody thing.

LoyalRoyal22
Hob Nob Regular

by LoyalRoyal22 » 15 Aug 2013 18:04

Still think he has alot to offer. But he isnt interested which makes me dis-like him. Not mobile enough for lone striker role anyway, IMO. The sooner we get rid the better.

blueroyals
Hob Nob Regular

by blueroyals » 15 Aug 2013 18:15

If I had a £ for every time I've heard somebody say that etc, etc......

:roll:

NewCorkSeth
Hob Nob Addict

by NewCorkSeth » 16 Aug 2013 01:39

So Pog said he has spoken to Adkins about leaving saying he would leave if a good chance arrived and that he would like to play at a higher level.

My question is could it be possible Adkins has not given him much game time as he is waiting for the window to close before giving him game time ahead of two strikers who are not leaving?

The thought process could be "I wont play Pog as, in a week, he could leave and then I would have to get Blackman ready to start games without feeling like hes only getting games because we lost Pog" This could be why Blackman got the nod ahead of him, to make him feel valued and then relax into his role in the squad.

Pog also said if he is still here then he will fight to get us promoted. (not relevant to my question just further info on the interview..)

windermere_royal
Hob Nob Regular

by windermere_royal » 16 Aug 2013 05:33

I like the bloke, but it will be much better for both parties if he moves on.

AirRaidSiren
Hob Nob Regular

by AirRaidSiren » 16 Aug 2013 06:06

Don't want to play for our beloved club? Then oxf*rd off. Goodbye.

CemeteryJ

by CemeteryJ » 16 Aug 2013 06:55

NewCorkSeth So Pog said he has spoken to Adkins about leaving saying he would leave if a good chance arrived and that he would like to play at a higher level.

My question is could it be possible Adkins has not given him much game time as he is waiting for the window to close before giving him game time ahead of two strikers who are not leaving?

The thought process could be "I wont play Pog as, in a week, he could leave and then I would have to get Blackman ready to start games without feeling like hes only getting games because we lost Pog" This could be why Blackman got the nod ahead of him, to make him feel valued and then relax into his role in the squad.

Pog also said if he is still here then he will fight to get us promoted. (not relevant to my question just further info on the interview..)

Nah... They're not playing him so he avoids getting injured, then we would be stuck with an under-performing player (for the money) who is high on the wage bill and sitting on the bench.

If Adkins is looking for a good profit from the sale of a player we have nobody better to sell than the Pog, came in on a Bosman and getting him off the wage bill will pay for a few players in the chump. (if he is paid anywhere near the rumoured 65k per week - there's no way it is that high, but chump wages are on average £4095 per week :shock: )

moonwalklikebas

by moonwalklikebas » 16 Aug 2013 09:59

I like him alot, however looking for a profit is never going to happen. Yes he was a bosman, but do not forget his estimated 2-3m signing on fee + agents and all that crap. We would probably take any offer over 2m for him, or loan him out for a season.

melonhead
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by melonhead » 16 Aug 2013 10:43

72 bus

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D
:D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:) :) :)
:) :) :) :) :) :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :)
:) :) :) :) :) :)
:| :| :| :| :| :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

moo
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by moo » 16 Aug 2013 10:48

Wish he'd bugger off.