Who will we draw away in the FA Cup QF

341 posts
sandman
Hob Nob Super-Addict

Re: Who will we draw away in the FA Cup QF

by sandman » 16 Feb 2015 21:19

Royal Ginger Meanwhile, lovely stuff from Preston!

Until Fatty Dowd gives United a helping hand.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Feb 2015 21:22

sandman

The most embarrassing part is Keown repeating endlessly that Rooney has to touch it for it to be offside, whilst the commentator keeps correcting him about being in the keeper's line of sight.

You've got to say that should be offside, whatever the law. How can you expect it to not affect a 'keeper in trying to make the save.

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Feb 2015 21:25

Ian Royal
paultheroyal Is it me or is that tweet from Reading FC a tad embarrassing ie celebrating fact and good news that either us or Parkinson are at wembley? New low for me!

Not really. He's one of the club's legends, missed out on Wembley with us in 95 and its a sentiment plenty of our fans have.

Judging by the twitter response I would say your sentiment quote is wrong.

Woodcote Royal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by Woodcote Royal » 16 Feb 2015 21:25

Woodcote Royal I just have this feeling that, home or away, Parky's going to knock us out of this cup.....................I just know it. Sorry :|

I want to be wrong but why so many are over the moon about playing this season's giant killers on their very own cabbage patch is quite beyond me.

After Chelsea and Sunderland, they're really going to be bricking it when the RFC motorcade hits town :shock:

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 16 Feb 2015 21:26

Shame... Still rather United get to the semi finals than arsenal

bcubed
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by bcubed » 16 Feb 2015 21:31

Ian Royal
sandman

The most embarrassing part is Keown repeating endlessly that Rooney has to touch it for it to be offside, whilst the commentator keeps correcting him about being in the keeper's line of sight.

You've got to say that should be offside, whatever the law. How can you expect it to not affect a 'keeper in trying to make the save.

Agreed
Offside all day long

gdroyal

by gdroyal » 16 Feb 2015 21:35

Have to say I am worried that BT or the BBC could ruin it for us by placing the game on either the Sunday afternoon ot on the Monday night. Every round since the 3rd there has been a game on the Monday night. Looking at the draw, I would suspect that WBA Villa will be an early KO because of police pressure as it is a local derby, I feel that this may be the same for the Man U (assuming they don't concede an equaliser to PNE) v Arsenal be moved to the other lunchtime. This willl leave us and the Liverpool game to fight it out for the Monday game (if they will still be staging one) and I just have the feeling that our game will be scheduled on the Monday. Really hope this won't be the case

Rea Ding

by Rea Ding » 16 Feb 2015 21:40

That's that then.
If Monday night there will be a few sickies in Berkshire I suspect

Ascotexgunner
Hob Nob Addict

by Ascotexgunner » 16 Feb 2015 21:41

gdroyal Have to say I am worried that BT or the BBC could ruin it for us by placing the game on either the Sunday afternoon ot on the Monday night. Every round since the 3rd there has been a game on the Monday night. Looking at the draw, I would suspect that WBA Villa will be an early KO because of police pressure as it is a local derby, I feel that this may be the same for the Man U (assuming they don't concede an equaliser to PNE) v Arsenal be moved to the other lunchtime. This willl leave us and the Liverpool game to fight it out for the Monday game (if they will still be staging one) and I just have the feeling that our game will be scheduled on the Monday. Really hope this won't be the case

ManU v Arsenal will be Sunday I suspect. I reckon we will be Monday.

West Stand Man
Hob Nob Regular

by West Stand Man » 16 Feb 2015 21:48

paultheroyal
Ian Royal
paultheroyal Is it me or is that tweet from Reading FC a tad embarrassing ie celebrating fact and good news that either us or Parkinson are at wembley? New low for me!

Not really. He's one of the club's legends, missed out on Wembley with us in 95 and its a sentiment plenty of our fans have.

Ah yes, the reliable Twitter response.

MmmMonsterMunch
Hob Nob Addict

by MmmMonsterMunch » 16 Feb 2015 21:49

Surely they won't do a Monday night game if there's only 4 ties left? That's massively cnutish if they do.

I'm not going to crow about anything at work in case I need to take a sickie myself :)

Turns8
Hob Nob Regular

by Turns8 » 16 Feb 2015 21:51

Ascotexgunner
gdroyal Have to say I am worried that BT or the BBC could ruin it for us by placing the game on either the Sunday afternoon ot on the Monday night. Every round since the 3rd there has been a game on the Monday night. Looking at the draw, I would suspect that WBA Villa will be an early KO because of police pressure as it is a local derby, I feel that this may be the same for the Man U (assuming they don't concede an equaliser to PNE) v Arsenal be moved to the other lunchtime. This willl leave us and the Liverpool game to fight it out for the Monday game (if they will still be staging one) and I just have the feeling that our game will be scheduled on the Monday. Really hope this won't be the case

ManU v Arsenal will be Sunday I suspect. I reckon we will be Monday.

There won't be a game on the Monday night...BBC will probably be late afternoon Saturday and Sunday lunchtime...BTsport will use their regular lunchtime Saturday slot for one of the other games...

On another note BBC got slated for not showing Bradford, so with Lineker just confirming Man U v Arsenal will be on BBC...would guess the other BBC game will be ours...

paultheroyal
Hob Nob Subscriber
Hob Nob Subscriber

by paultheroyal » 16 Feb 2015 21:56

West Stand Man

Ah yes, like the hob nob response :lol:

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 16 Feb 2015 22:13

To be honest it's the perfect draw. If we do lose at least we lose to Parky and his team of miracles.

If we win then we've made an FA Cup semi for the first time since 1927

Gerrard's last game for Liverpool could be the mighty Royals :shock: :lol:

Lastly - we're on the telly, so even those of us who can't get tickets have a chance of watching our glorious failure or march into history.

And definitely IN for several rounds on 12 Parkinsons etc. so let's show the Bradford faithful something that they'll never forget.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Feb 2015 22:29

paultheroyal
Ian Royal

Not my experience, and whenever I've read the comments on the club's facebook account, if not twitter, it's full of total morons.

EDIT: Just noticed schards is one of the first to comment on FaceyB. :lol:
Last edited by Ian Royal on 16 Feb 2015 22:38, edited 1 time in total.

Ian Royal
Hob Nob Legend

by Ian Royal » 16 Feb 2015 22:32

paultheroyal
West Stand Man

Ah yes, like the hob nob response :lol:

I'm hardly representative of HNA.

bobby1413
Hob Nob Addict

by bobby1413 » 16 Feb 2015 22:34

Annoying as i can't make this game due to it being away and me working nights.

However, i really feel positive about it. It is the best draw for me (argubly Blackburn was better), and home/away I don't know.

We can't complain and we can really... truely... seriously... make it to the semi final.

So excited by that

North Somerset Royal

by North Somerset Royal » 16 Feb 2015 23:17

Dave-Royal Rumours is we getting 4.000 Ticket To Bradford ?

Sounds right as Sunderlands allocation was 4200

1976Bantam

by 1976Bantam » 16 Feb 2015 23:29

Evening!

Re our take on the draw I think 'cocky' is a bit strong, I think most of us are seeing it - as you rightly should - as the best possible chance of getting to an FA Cup semi-final, given for us it's a home draw against the second 'lowest ranked' side left in it. We either wanted this tie or Arsenal/Man Utd away for the payday.

I'm certainly not thinking we're favourites or anything daft like that - the underdog tag suits us far better I think. I'm just hoping we can continue our good record vs higher division sides which over the past 3 seasons stands at 8 wins (Sunderland, Chelsea, Millwall home, Leeds, Villa home, Arsenal, Wigan, Watford), 1 draw (Millwall away) and only 3 defeats (Swansea in COC final, Villa away, Huddersfield away last season). I think the moment expectation levels get too high we'll fall flat on our faces. Plenty of league games for us between now and then which will hopefully help our players focus.

Just as I said to the Sunderland fans prior to our game with them - if your players turn up with the right attitude, apply themselves in the right way and are prepared to battle hard particularly in midfield (especially on our ploughed field), then you'll win as obviously you have the better players. If you don't (and Sunderland certainly didn't) then we'll more than likely turn you over. Not too many are able to cope with Hanson in the air for example, so will be interesting to see how you look to deal with it.

I'm certain we'll offer you the full Midland Road (East) Stand - capacity of 4500 but reduced to approx 4200 with a bit of segregation, which is what Sunderland were given. I'm wondering if our Board will up the ticket price to £20 from £15 as it has been so far for cup games - we should still sell out the home sections though. Not confirmed but most think all 4 QFs will Saturday/Sunday of that weekend - I'm just hoping wherever they stick us in the schedule that you have the best opportunity to make it up here in numbers.

Kitsondinho
Hob Nob Addict
Location: at a cricket ground somewhere around the country........

by Kitsondinho » 16 Feb 2015 23:32

The away end will be full...the Parky factor ensures that! Question is, do you love him more than we do?

341 posts