MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (a)

203 posts
Steve_Upper_West

Re: MATCHWATCH : Huddersfield Town (a)

by Steve_Upper_West » 28 Aug 2021 23:50

Notts Royal
leon Parallels with Jose Gomes. Nice guy, talks a good game, players like him. Great stuff.

Seemingly has no understanding of how football is played in the championship nor how to adapt to it. Defensively an utter shitshow.

I’ve seen a lot of absolute toilet over the years. But atm I’m so sick of being a Reading fan. I just want someone to make the fcuking team play as a fcuking team.

Pulis? Parky? I don’t care anymore just someone who can send the team out to do the basics and not be shit ALL the time.

Sadly it’s not the same club we all fell in love with. We sold our soul when Madejski went/we sacked Brian v1; there was something different about us before then. Not now.

And due to all of that, we’ve seen a gradual decline in attendances, to the point where we now struggle to fill half the stadium. This club doesn’t have any fight, personality, heart any more. Very sad

+1

under the tin

by under the tin » 29 Aug 2021 08:44

Notts Royal Sadly it’s not the same club we all fell in love with. We sold our soul when Madejski went/we sacked Brian v1; there was something different about us before then. Not now.
And due to all of that, we’ve seen a gradual decline in attendances, to the point where we now struggle to fill half the stadium. This club doesn’t have any fight, personality, heart any more. Very sad

There certainly were differences then. The club owned the Stadium, the land around it, the management of the club (as a whole) was structured along logical lines, football side/business side with the right people in the right positions.

Post SJM, a succession of foreigners have come in with one aim in mind. Get us to the Prem, then sell on for a profit.
"Sexy" foreign managers, with little or no knowledge of the English game, nor any affinity with the town have been brought in.
All sorts of financial shenanigans have been utilised to try to achieve it, but the only effect has been to mortgage the club's fixed assets.

Back then we all used to laugh at the "basket case" clubs.
We are one ourselves now, and it ain't funny.
SJM isn't laughing at what has happened to his legacy.

Sutekh
Hob Nob Super-Addict

by Sutekh » 29 Aug 2021 11:58

Steve_Upper_West
Notts Royal
leon Parallels with Jose Gomes. Nice guy, talks a good game, players like him. Great stuff.

Seemingly has no understanding of how football is played in the championship nor how to adapt to it. Defensively an utter shitshow.

I’ve seen a lot of absolute toilet over the years. But atm I’m so sick of being a Reading fan. I just want someone to make the fcuking team play as a fcuking team.

Pulis? Parky? I don’t care anymore just someone who can send the team out to do the basics and not be shit ALL the time.

Sadly it’s not the same club we all fell in love with. We sold our soul when Madejski went/we sacked Brian v1; there was something different about us before then. Not now.

+1

Some of the loss of support comes from the days of Stam and the dreadful possession based boredom leading to a nondescript team with no real identity struggling for any real success using a succession of underachieving players. VP is a very nice gentleman but, IMO, is not a manager - more a valued knowledgable coach and/or the approachable chap in a management team. The team now hasn’t really changed it’s still underperforming though the issue is complicated by a lack of squad depth, continual long term injuries to several key players and not adapting tactically to get the best use of the resources available.

IMO, the owners need to do what they should have done after Stam went which is take a while to find and appoint a manager who perhaps has a bit of nous about them, has some good contacts in the game and is anxious to prove themselves. And I know how hard that is to get right but one thing I do know, given Reading’s position, it isn’t foreign nobodies or a Charlie cheque-book.

203 posts